PDA

View Full Version : I am *not* making this up......

dafydd
Jul 5, 2007, 2:10 AM
I posted an ad on CraigsList about 2 weeks ago in the men seeking women section. It was clear that I was a predominantly gay guy with a sig. sexual interest in women and was looking for any cool women to date. There were a couple of pics of me also.
I was talking to this one girl Jenni, she sent some pics back, very nice pics. She wrote about meeting me for a drink first, then in her second email she talked about it being cool I was bi, and in the third exchange, she talked about some of her fantasies and what she'd like to do. As the date approached I was getting quite excited, she looked and sounded like a really cool woman...

until....

this email, yesterday....

I copy it in full here...

"Hi Dave, OK I'm gonna 'fess up' - I'm not actually Jenni (35yo female) at all, but a 33 year old big hairy bearded gay guy who really liked your ad and picture. Just thought I might be able to get to see some more of you. But you seem like a really nice guy so I just can't bring myself to string you along any more. I'm really sorry.

Good luck with everything!"

I have already sent a response....just interested to know what others might have replied back... :(

D
:bibounce:

kitten
Jul 5, 2007, 2:19 AM
How about:

"Thanks for your honesty even if it is a bit late; at least before we met face to face."

I am so glad that dude spoke up before taking you along any further. Sorry that happened. Dealing with liars is never pleasant.
Best wishes in your search!

rissababynta
Jul 5, 2007, 2:20 AM
big hairy bearded gay guy

that seems like a weird way of someone describing themselves. in fact, it almost seems like how a girl would describe herself if she was planning on meeting you then chickened out and couldn't think of any other kind of "excuse". just a thought is all...

either way that really sucks! what a dissapointment. what did you write back to this person anyway? god, i don't think i would have written anything back. i think i would have been too disgusted.

dafydd
Jul 5, 2007, 2:25 AM
that seems like a weird way of someone describing themselves. in fact, it almost seems like how a girl would describe herself if she was planning on meeting you then chickened out and couldn't think of any other kind of "excuse". just a thought is all...

either way that really sucks! what a dissapointment. what did you write back to this person anyway? god, i don't think i would have written anything back. i think i would have been too disgusted.

ahah! That is *exactly* what I thought...
but what a weird way of chickening out.......why not just say "ain't gonna work" or just stop emailing all together....?
my other friend however says that it definitely was a bloke lying.

biwords
Jul 5, 2007, 2:33 AM
Alas, you'll never know. I wish Al Gore had thought of this before he invented the Internet.

rissababynta
Jul 5, 2007, 2:35 AM
.......why not just say "ain't gonna work" or just stop emailing all together....?
my other friend however says that it definitely was a bloke lying.

some people are just weird like that, thinking that it would be easier to get over than a total "aint gonna work" rejection.

how does your friend know that for sure anyway? does he/she know something that you don't know?

dafydd
Jul 5, 2007, 2:41 AM
some people are just weird like that, thinking that it would be easier to get over than a total "aint gonna work" rejection.

how does your friend know that for sure anyway? does he/she know something that you don't know?

he read the other stuff s/he wrote. In retrospect and if read in the voice of a big bearded gay guy pretending to be a blue-eyed blonde babe, it works. I can post it if you're interested.

rissababynta
Jul 5, 2007, 2:43 AM
lol there ya go! good plan haha.

i would enjoy reading what this person wrote. i mean, i would LOVE to pretend to be a bearded gay guy pretending to be a blonde blue eyed woman.
how fascinating.

dafydd
Jul 5, 2007, 2:46 AM
lol there ya go! good plan haha.

i would enjoy reading what this person wrote. i mean, i would LOVE to pretend to be a bearded gay guy pretending to be a blonde blue eyed woman.
how fascinating.

Quote Email 1

"Hi D

I'm a young(ish is 35 still young?) lass from London, looking to make new friends for drinks and dates and maybe more... if the spark's there (have pics to swap if you're up for that? or maybe just a good old fashioned romp in bed?). I love going out clubbing and pubs, bit of a ladette at heart but equally happy to stay at home and curl up with a good dvd (none of thse soppy chickflicks though!).

Love your look too, facial hair is a great plus for me... a great big turn on for me (MASSIVE), as is casual, can't stand being trussed up like a chicken just to go for a drink! Need to have easy access occasionally if you know what I mean? ;)

Tell me a bit more about yourself, you sound really interesting and open minded if you've had bfs!
I've attached a photo, if you like what you see or hear, then drop me a line and tell me more about yourself.

Bye for now
Jenni"

dafydd
Jul 5, 2007, 2:48 AM
Quote Email 2

"Hi Dave!
I hope you had a good time at Mardi Graz? Sorry to not get back to you over the weekend, but I had a bit of a crisis with a girlfriend being dumped by her man on Friday, so basically spent the weekend at hers watching crappy films and eating icecream (she's a really girly but very sweet). Still she seems a bit better now so you have my full attention (especially with those photos!) You look very fit and that touch of chest hair... lovely!

To be honest I'd much rather do a first meeting somewhere public, hope you understand, but there are some real weirdos out there, although you seem really nice! So maybe let's meet for a drink somewhere in town and take it from there. What am I up for? Well initally I guess I'd like to meet and see how we get on, which I'm sure we will and take it from there. And yes I do 'put out' on first dates if they go well (laugh and blush).

Sexually I suppose I like most things, I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination. So tell me what you like and that's a great place to start. I love sex in any shape or form froma quickie in the kitchen to a nice long slow all night session. Oral? Well I love sucking a nice cock and I love a man that's not scared to go down on a girl either. As for other things I've tried most (including anal - which I love and have been told I have a nice tight arse) and I always say try everything at least once to see if I like it... twice to make sure.

I've attached a pic for you to get a better idea of my body type and would love to see some more of you - if you get my drift?

Really looking forward to hearing from you,
Jenni"

rissababynta
Jul 5, 2007, 3:34 AM
hmm...i don't get it. if he is a guy only wanting to get pics, why agree to meet? he could have easily said "well, i don't want to talk about meeting until we get to know each other better. send me lots of pics til then". and why offer to send a pic so you could get a better idea of his/her/whatever body type? i can understand if you asked but, it seemed like they initiated that.

also, if he was trying to make himself seem like a woman, wouldn't you think that a first instinct would be to speak a little more feminine? ya know, not bash the "chick flicks". yes, obviously not all women are all that feminine, but it just seems like if a man was trying to act like a woman and think like a woman, that wouldn't have been said. it just seems all so weird to me!

those are the only emails you got before the rejection? i hope so. personally i would rather be rejected right away instead of being dragged along for the ride for, let's say, months.

rayosytruenos
Jul 5, 2007, 4:31 AM
[...] I'm not actually Jenni (35yo female) at all, but a 33 year old big hairy bearded gay guy who really liked your ad and picture. Just thought I might be able to get to see some more of you. [...] I want to see more of you too, I want to see more of you...
Lol, well, it has happened to me a few times, but for the language used in the e-mails to me, I had already been alert...

In your case, there are some sentences that I could take as a sign that Jenni might be a bloke... :

Love your look too, facial hair is a great plus for me... a great big turn on for me (MASSIVE) Not many girls nowadays seem to be interested in facial hair anymore and less expressing it in those terms. It seems to me the kind of talk from a gay guy interested in bear type guys.

Oral? Well I love sucking a nice cock and I love a man that's not scared to go down on a girl either. As for other things I've tried most (including anal - which I love and have been told I have a nice tight arse) I think it only needed to say "I love sucking a nice BIG cock" to make it even more clear. A nice tight arse??? Heard it lots of times when guys hit on me, but never from a girl... lol

Anyway, it could have been after all a girl, you can never be sure. Internet gives us all the opportunity to take a lot of roles if we wish so. I happened to be hit on a chat some time ago, and for some reason the person who hit on me, thought I was a girl. I found it funny and I was curious as to know how it could go on. It happened that he wanted cybersex and I played the role of a girl. I'm not really into cybersex, but it was new for me, so I wanted to try it even as a girl... lol. As it was just a "one night stand up", I didn't bother to clarify things, and I learnt a lot from that experience. The guy told me he came big time, so I didn't want to spoil his aftermath (well, maybe I wouldn't after all... lol... who knows?).

I have to say that then I was for a while wanting to explore a bit more cybersex and I found the opposite I've just told. I mean, I had then a few experiences of guys posing as girls wanting to have cybersex with me, a guy. How do I know? Well, apart from several signs during our interaction, how many times have a girl asked you how big is your dick? And how many times has she keep going on asking if you didn't say the first time? In my experience, only guys are so queen size as to keep bothering you about that... :rolleyes: :tong:

Well, those are my twopence' thoughts for the day... :cool:

All the best,

ray

DiamondDog
Jul 5, 2007, 5:10 AM
What's so surprising?

The internet is full of fake/weird people who lie, and there are TONS of them on Craigslist since it's so anonymous and anyone can post an ad after making a free email account from yahoo/hotmail.

Anyone can post there and I read the personal ads as a laugh and a friend of mine masturbates to them but I'd never actually meet someone from that site since at least the one for my city is full of fakes/liars, people who have STDs but don't know it, crystal/coke whores, and people who know that they have STDs but don't care about giving them to others.

On Craigslist around me there are lots of crystal whores and prostitutes that post ads, people who aren't even real and just post spam, and picture collectors.

Also, what you wrote about happening isn't uncommon.

I have hetero friends that have posted ads in the men for women section and all they get is email from gay men, or they get it from gay men who pretend to be women.

Anyway you described yourself as being a mostly gay male, that's why you had a gay guy contact you.

Why not just say that you're bi or just not even mention your sexuality in your ad, or wait until you actually meet someone in order to tell them?

domill
Jul 5, 2007, 8:02 AM
I want to see more of you too, I want to see more of you...
Lol, well, it has happened to me a few times, but for the language used in the e-mails to me, I had already been alert...

In your case, there are some sentences that I could take as a sign that Jenni might be a bloke... :
Not many girls nowadays seem to be interested in facial hair anymore and less expressing it in those terms. It seems to me the kind of talk from a gay guy interested in bear type guys.
I think it only needed to say "I love sucking a nice BIG cock" to make it even more clear. A nice tight arse??? Heard it lots of times when guys hit on me, but never from a girl... lol

Anyway, it could have been after all a girl, you can never be sure. Internet gives us all the opportunity to take a lot of roles if we wish so. I happened to be hit on a chat some time ago, and for some reason the person who hit on me, thought I was a girl. I found it funny and I was curious as to know how it could go on. It happened that he wanted cybersex and I played the role of a girl. I'm not really into cybersex, but it was new for me, so I wanted to try it even as a girl... lol. As it was just a "one night stand up", I didn't bother to clarify things, and I learnt a lot from that experience. The guy told me he came big time, so I didn't want to spoil his aftermath (well, maybe I wouldn't after all... lol... who knows?).

I have to say that then I was for a while wanting to explore a bit more cybersex and I found the opposite I've just told. I mean, I had then a few experiences of guys posing as girls wanting to have cybersex with me, a guy. How do I know? Well, apart from several signs during our interaction, how many times have a girl asked you how big is your dick? And how many times has she keep going on asking if you didn't say the first time? In my experience, only guys are so queen size as to keep bothering you about that... :rolleyes: :tong:

Well, those are my twopence' thoughts for the day... :cool:

All the best,

ray

I agree with Ray here... "Hi, I'm Jenni, I'm 35, I have a nice tight arse...duh?" :eek:

Or

"Hi, I'm Jenni, I eat ice cream with my friends when we're depressed (do women ACTUALLY do that? just sounds a bit clicheed), I wear pettycoats, I love kittens and puppies, extremely long and boring discussions about my feelings etc."

Fair enough. I've seen Bridget Jones and read a couple of Jane Austen novels. I could be a very convincing woman too :bigrin:

I know it's easy to say "well of course it's a guy" afterwards. I don't think I would have suspected anything. But some comments do sound a bit weird.

Just one doubt though... I agree with rissababynta... the "33 year old big hairy bearded gay guy" description DOES sound like a weird way for someone to describe themselves

But since you described yourself as gay in your ad, why couldn't you be interested in a "big hairy bearded gay guy" and insist on meeting anyway? I think a woman would have used stg like "back with my ex", or "not going to work, please don't try to contact me" or "I just realised I'm pregnant" or just cancelled her hotmail/yahoo account :bigrin:

MarieDelta
Jul 5, 2007, 8:44 AM
My sense from what I've read is that the person writing these is probably male.

As a guess I would say possibly married, late 30's. He's either closeted bi or gay, not out to his significant other and still working on accepting himself.

He may even be a closeted crossdresser.

Just my opinion.

Marie

duganfry
Jul 5, 2007, 12:39 PM
I think when you're first come to this forum (and I'm describing myself), you're kind of naive when you receive e-mails. After only a couple e-mails that you realized what you got yourself into and you need to be careful.

I'm pretty upfront on wanting my first experience with a fellow bi-guy preferably one who is married and more hetero because that person would understand my situation and I'm more sure of the descreteness. Unfortunatly, I'm pretty sure that some of the guys who have responded are 100% gay but see an opportunity. I'm suspicious when they say thay have a girlfriend but never got married or they've been divorced for a long time but never had any kids. They're usually more pushy and quick to send photos of their equipment when I never made such a request and very explicit on all kind of wild kinky sex which isn't what I'm looking for. They're also pushing to meet quicker than I like.

BTW - A big hairy middle aged guy is a complete turn-off. I'm sure that's why it was sent.

DiamondDog
Jul 5, 2007, 12:46 PM
BTW - A big hairy middle aged guy is a complete turn-off. I'm sure that's why it was sent.

LMAO that's not necessarily true.

Some of us do find men like that to be very sexy! ;)

Myself included.:)

Also if Dafydd posted pics of himself with his ad I can see just exactly why he'd attract a guy like that. :) ;)

hudson9
Jul 5, 2007, 12:58 PM
I think I might have replied:

God, that's so weird! -- In truth, I'm really a 46 yr old lesbian prison guard! Do you think you could introduce me to your friend in the pics?

dafydd
Jul 5, 2007, 1:45 PM

Ahh so you think it was a girl after all who got cold feet....?

d

dafydd
Jul 5, 2007, 1:47 PM
I think I might have replied:

God, that's so weird! -- In truth, I'm really a 46 yr old lesbian prison guard! Do you think you could introduce me to your friend in the pics?

yeah should of...you always think of a more cutting remark you could have made after the fact.
I'm afraid my response was pretty lame.
I told him he was a jerk and to get a life..but at the same time didn't want to sound like I was too bothered. When actually I was.
Back to the drawing board.

d :(

"All romantics meet their same fate, cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe."

canuckotter
Jul 5, 2007, 6:41 PM
that seems like a weird way of someone describing themselves
Unless he's a bear, in which case it'd be an entirely normal way of describing himself. :)

onewhocares
Jul 5, 2007, 9:27 PM
I guess I wish I were really fast on the cute and to the point line putting the person in their place. I go think, that he had integrity to at least call it off before you were to meet.

Belle

rissababynta
Jul 5, 2007, 9:32 PM
hey ray...i like facial hair :bigrin:

rayosytruenos
Jul 8, 2007, 11:46 AM
hey ray...i like facial hair :bigrin:
Lol... I assume it's Rissa, the female part of the couple who is saying that. I know that I said
Not many girls nowadays seem to be interested in facial hair anymore but as you can see in my quote, I said "not many girls". Actually one of my best female friends is married to a guy with a beard. He is quite hot with the beard, but once I saw him shaved I wondered how I ever found him hot... some guys with facial hair can be very hot... Mmmmm and he has a very nice fit tanned body too... They used to go to a nudist beach... Oh my, I'm missing them just now. :rolleyes:

All the best,

ray