PDA

View Full Version : Transformers!

TaylorMade
Jul 4, 2007, 10:55 PM
If you grew up in the 70's-80's.... you knew this movie was coming.

Some of you even looked forward to it.

Well, I saw it. And it was GOOD!

Basically, if you liked the cartoon, you WILL love the movie.

If you like Shia LaBeouf, you will like this movie.

Yes, Michael Bay is the devil to some in hollywood, but...

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/3311/2525/lo/transformers_conceptual_designs_36.jpg

You've looked forward to this since about '89, so . . .I know someone else is bound to have seen it.

*Taylor*

junior8
Jul 4, 2007, 11:26 PM
If you grew up in the 70's-80's.... you knew this movie was coming.

Some of you even looked forward to it.

Well, I saw it. And it was GOOD!

Basically, if you liked the cartoon, you WILL love the movie.

If you like Shia LaBeouf, you will like this movie.

Yes, Michael Bay is the devil to some in hollywood, but...

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/3311/2525/lo/transformers_conceptual_designs_36.jpg

You've looked forward to this since about '89, so . . .I know someone else is bound to have seen it.

*Taylor*

I saw the movie and it was very good.I grew up watching the cartoon and the movie is a must see.

Tygress75
Jul 4, 2007, 11:50 PM
I saw it yesterday and I give it 2 thumbs WAY up! I about cried when Peter Cullen's voice came across as Optimus Prime spoke for the 1st time. For those of you who don't know/recall, Cullen was the voice of Prime in the original cartoon series and the animated movie. :)

TaylorMade
Jul 4, 2007, 11:52 PM
I saw it yesterday and I give it 2 thumbs WAY up! I about cried when Peter Cullen's voice came across as Optimus Prime spoke for the 1st time. For those of you who don't know/recall, Cullen was the voice of Prime in the original cartoon series and the animated movie. :)

I knew I wasn't the only one who got a little choked up. :)

*Taylor*

arana
Jul 4, 2007, 11:58 PM
Saw it this morning and really enjoyed it. :tongue:

rissababynta
Jul 5, 2007, 1:20 AM
have not seen it yet but can't wait to get a chance. too many good movies out lately, MUST SEE THEM ALL!

i do have the song stuck in my head though. do they play the transformers song at all during the movie? or is that something they decided to leave out?

TaylorMade
Jul 5, 2007, 1:24 AM
have not seen it yet but can't wait to get a chance. too many good movies out lately, MUST SEE THEM ALL!

i do have the song stuck in my head though. do they play the transformers song at all during the movie? or is that something they decided to leave out?

No, they don't play the song, BUT - - they have the transforming noise! :D

*Taylor*

rissababynta
Jul 5, 2007, 1:36 AM
darn...

atleast there are transformer noises! that makes it worth it for me haha

FalconAngel
Jul 5, 2007, 1:41 AM
WAY more than meets the eye!!!

We saw it tonight and it was GOOOOOOD.

When Optimus made his short little speach at the end, it almost gave me chills. And the hero and heroine are both cute to boot.

Talk about your win-win's.

TaylorMade
Jul 5, 2007, 1:44 AM
Well, there's gonna be two sequels to that - - they're keeping Peter Cullen and the two hot human protagonists.

Michael Bay - -we'll see.

*Taylor*

wanderingrichard
Jul 5, 2007, 2:24 AM
went to see it this evening, and loved it.. non stop grab you by the throat action that you must see to believe.. :2cents:

Da Doctor
Jul 5, 2007, 5:44 AM
this Summer has been filled with "Summer blockbusters" that were major disappointments.

Transformers was not one of them. I was quite happy with this movie.

bohemian69
Jul 5, 2007, 10:21 AM
Taylor -
You said the movie was 'good' -
No, it was Feakin' Great!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I was also a product of the 70's - 80's. I really looked forward to seeing the movie. It did not disappoint!!!
My God, Michael Bay yelled action at the start of the movie and never said stop!!!

redheadhoneycat
Jul 5, 2007, 9:58 PM
I was begged to go see this film by my husband and three sons and wow I am glad I did....much to my surprise I liked it. I thought I would have to sit through 2 hours of cheesy but no it was really good....wow! :)