PDA

View Full Version : Hw do you....

IanBorthwick
Jul 4, 2007, 10:01 PM
....show you care?

So many ways to do it in this world. Someone tol dme they are the "languages" your mind uses to show how you feel.

Emotional: You tell people, squeeze it into every way you act around them, compliments, etc.

Physical: Touching, carressing, cuddling, kissing, hugging, holding, etc.

Material: Giving things, trips, items of significance, artistry, poetry, purchases of jewelry, etc.

Now not every "Language" your heart speaks is one you heart listens too. You might be a Material, but your heart is a Physical listener. Odd combos do exist.

The point of this is to raise awareness to how we show our friends and loved ones how we feel, because we might not be speaking "Their Language" and they might not be speaking "Ours".

The next time someone you love gives you a hug instead of a t-shirt you wanted, remember it might be because of the differences in ho wour hearts have learned to speak.

*as an aside, I found that all of the versions pertain to me.*

JoyJoyHollywood
Jul 4, 2007, 11:20 PM
I do the emotional, physical and material things mentioned above. And I stick my head outside my door every once and a while to make sure everyone is still alive, okay, not having a breakdown, in jail, has not ben hit by a car or bitten by a feral rabbit. Then I go back inside when I know everyone is okay and trust that if there is a problem they will know they can come to me with it, I'll be there for them and help them with it. And then I turn Reno 911! back on and resume eating my sushi.

biwords
Jul 4, 2007, 11:33 PM
Nice post, Ian! Glad to see you starting threads instead of surrendering to discouragement. Take two gold stars for that!

Vuarra
Jul 5, 2007, 12:04 AM
Co-workers: Look them straight in the eye and say "Thank you," even if it's their job.

Progeny: Hug... followed by tickles ;)

I even once told my best friend that I loved him, with his wife around. She turned white as Casper, and all he said was, "I know." She asked if we were going to start sucking each other off?" [If you don't know me, check my profile :bigrin: ] Both of us turned to look at her, and she started killing herself laughing :bigrin: