PDA

View Full Version : I HIT ANOTHER FRIKKEN DEER

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jul 2, 2007, 7:05 AM
Ok.........
Im really starting to wonder , have I wronged someone in some fashion , mistreated deer in the past , because its unclear to me why one , this is my very 1st brand spanking new vehicle and I've never so much as ever been in a wreck in any of my old beaters, and two , why must I hit another within 2 months of hitting the last deer ? This time , it crushed my driver door and the left passenger door. Cant even open my driver door. I mean the fuck man ? Shit happens in 3's correct ? Im doomed. I can see the grandaddy of all bucks coming my way.

vittoria
Jul 2, 2007, 8:03 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahsh ahahahahahaahahahahahroflhahahaha

i'm so sorry... but i had no choice... i feel bad for you babes... i hope that everything is ok and that YOU are alright most importantly...

butfor CRISSAKES!!!! this is like a BAD episode of SNL with the "Land Shark" or something?!?!

WTholyF!!!!

arana
Jul 2, 2007, 8:29 AM
I hate to tell you this GEL sweetie but the deer don't like your truck. :tong:

I hope you're ok and no damage was done to you, that's the most important part.

darkeyes
Jul 2, 2007, 9:10 AM
Deer deer..deerie me...ya poor deer.... tee hee :bigrin:

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jul 2, 2007, 10:07 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahsh ahahahahahaahahahahahroflhahahaha

i'm so sorry... but i had no choice... i feel bad for you babes... i hope that everything is ok and that YOU are alright most importantly...

butfor CRISSAKES!!!! this is like a BAD episode of SNL with the "Land Shark" or something?!?!

WTholyF!!!!

Yeah ummm , so glad you found it soooooooo funny. Yes IM ok , but my mia kia is taking such a beating and shes such a lovely lady .

csrakate
Jul 2, 2007, 10:08 AM
Noooo GEL!!! I hate that for you!! BUT...I am so glad you're ok! Your car can be replaced but there is only ONE GEL!!

Hugs,
Kate

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jul 2, 2007, 10:11 AM
Im ok , will have some more pictures soon lol I just don't even know what to say about the whole thing to be honest lol Just in AWE

biwords
Jul 2, 2007, 10:13 AM
The Deerslayer, wasn't that a novel by Fenimore Cooper?

Just glad you're safe and sound, sugarplum!

Michael623
Jul 2, 2007, 10:19 AM
Gawd GEL, did you really like Alex that much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jul 2, 2007, 10:38 AM
Gawd GEL, did you really like Alex that much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well......Alex is a fantastic man , and he's actually supposed to be here before to long to give the insurance guy something to go on. Havnt talked to him in sometime , but when I called him he said he had been meaning to get ahold of me and bring me supper lol. I just think its a little late for that now. Especially since going to Toronto. :bigrin:

chulainn2
Jul 2, 2007, 10:49 AM
GEL, at least you were in a car, I almost center-lined one the other month on my motorcycle. I locked it up (too hard on rear brake) and went it a slide at highway speeds. Missed the guy, as I went passed him sideways. Amazing I didnt roll it all up in a ball.

allbimyself
Jul 2, 2007, 12:03 PM
You were lucky GEL. A local here hit a deer driving his car home from the body shop after they fixed it from the first deer he hit.

the mage
Jul 2, 2007, 1:30 PM
Glad you're not hurt....
Uhhhhh......get better headlights and or slow down girl.

bitravlinman
Jul 2, 2007, 2:20 PM
Bummer GEL, Always remember the most important rule : If it's smaller than a dinosuar, HIT IT ! People that swerve to avoid deer sometimes hit trees instead! There are so many deer in Michigan, they are like rats with hooves!

biwords
Jul 2, 2007, 3:23 PM
Green Eyes ain't no namby-pamby
Floors the gas and flattens Bambi

--sorry, just in a weird mood.

chook
Jul 2, 2007, 3:52 PM
Want some recipes for venison???????

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

Sapphrodite
Jul 2, 2007, 4:47 PM
BABYGURL!!!!!! you poor darling!!!! As much as you love your truck,
I'm glad that you were not hurt ~ there's only one of you!!! :love87:

Well it can only mean one of three things:
1. There are a lot of suicidal deer in Michigan.
2. You were never meant to have a Kia.
3. The 'Man Upstairs' is telling you to move to Canada!

(my vote is for #3) :bigrin:

HUGZZZZZ,
Sapphy

Azrael
Jul 2, 2007, 6:57 PM
Man, now I'm nervous. The part of Florida I live in is loaded with deer. At least you're ok.
If it's any consolation, my driving record was clean for the last 2-3 years and I just got two tickets and a warning in the space of three weeks :eek:

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jul 2, 2007, 8:09 PM
BABYGURL!!!!!! you poor darling!!!! As much as you love your truck,
I'm glad that you were not hurt ~ there's only one of you!!! :love87:

Well it can only mean one of three things:
1. There are a lot of suicidal deer in Michigan.
2. You were never meant to have a Kia.
3. The 'Man Upstairs' is telling you to move to Canada!

(my vote is for #3) :bigrin:

HUGZZZZZ,
Sapphy
My vote is for # 3 as well :love1:

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jul 2, 2007, 8:11 PM
Thanks everyone for caring :grouphug: You guys rock !

Ally Kat
Jul 2, 2007, 8:41 PM
like they said a car is a car, just glad you are ok

jem_is_bi
Jul 2, 2007, 9:46 PM
Ok.........
Im really starting to wonder , have I wronged someone in some fashion , mistreated deer in the past , because its unclear to me why one , this is my very 1st brand spanking new vehicle and I've never so much as ever been in a wreck in any of my old beaters, and two , why must I hit another within 2 months of hitting the last deer ? This time , it crushed my driver door and the left passenger door. Cant even open my driver door. I mean the fuck man ? Shit happens in 3's correct ? Im doomed. I can see the grandaddy of all bucks coming my way.

Living in the northern Michigan can be wonderful!
Except for suicidal deer.

I use to live in Northern Michigan.
Had to swerve to avoid a few deer.
Bye the way, at the time, I had $20 for food per week.
Deer-burger was a regular part of my diet. My tummy was always happy.
So, deer can be a problem :( and deer can be a solution :) .

Even in Dearborn, (neighboring suburb of Detroit), deer are a problem.
Mostly, eating too much, such that woodland habitat is degraded.
Hunting, as part of deer management, can be a good thing. Even in an urban environment. :2cents:

JEM

brudegan
Jul 2, 2007, 9:57 PM
GEL - That is terrible and I hope you come out of everything ok.

If you want to avoid hitting another deer you only have to do one thing. Find a way to make your vehicle look like my brother's hunting rifle. He NEVER hits anything.

kitten
Jul 2, 2007, 11:42 PM
Sorry about the damage but glad you are okay! that really bites the big one.
I have come close to hitting them a few times but got lucky and missed.
Hugs and hope the repairs go smoothly.

love and kisses,

spartanfan
Jul 3, 2007, 12:14 PM
Hey Gel, sorry to hear about another deer, but you are ok and that is all that counts. The car can be replaced. I guess I'll buy lunch for us. Hugs and kisses, Spartan. Go green go white. LOL Take care, talk to you soon.

ForbiddenWindow
Jul 3, 2007, 1:28 PM
Maybe your cars have to many pheremones an they were tryin to do something to it but not actually smart enough to see that you were driving towards them.

Yeah, sorry GEL...thats a pretty scary experience...Hope you'll be able to replace it, did you have insurance and pictures? I ask this cause you'll need evidence to prove to insurance company.

Herbwoman39
Jul 3, 2007, 4:05 PM
Maybe it's something about the long, cold winters that makes them suicidal up there. Or perhaps the manufacturer installed the new, patent pending RonCo Deer Magnet. Never have to hunt again. They just walk right in front of your car and voila! Instant venison stew!

Seriously though, thank goodness you're alright. I've heard horror stories about deer coming through the windshield and killing the driver. It makes me shudder every time I hear about something like that.

Ally Kat
Jul 3, 2007, 4:12 PM
GEL - That is terrible and I hope you come out of everything ok.

If you want to avoid hitting another deer you only have to do one thing. Find a way to make your vehicle look like my brother's hunting rifle. He NEVER hits anything.
LOL too funny

jamiehue
Jul 3, 2007, 5:04 PM
The sorry thing is at the rate people are leaving this beautiful state the deer will be all that is left!

onewhocares
Jul 3, 2007, 10:09 PM
Well GEL, as long as YOU are alright. Yes the new truck can be replaced and as Kate said there is only one you. I can sympathize actually...only mine was Moose in Maine. Darn thing totaled the front end of a brand new Astro Van...When I found out all were ok inside I kept driving to my brothers house. On the way home...my brother had to tow it on a trailer with his Excursion...we stopped to see where it happened and not twoo hundred yards away another one almost hit us again...I could not wait to get out of the area. I am known for going just about anywhere, but I WILL NOT go back there.

PS...my sister when she lived in Virginia said that they had these transponders that emitted some type of wave or sound to scare the deer away. Check out Cabella's.Com. It is a outdoor site that should have something.

Belle