PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever moved cause of someone????

deletetacount123
Jun 30, 2007, 1:01 PM
Lets say you meet someone online and have been talking to her/him for over a year (never met in person yet but you both always talk about that)

You randomly one day just ask them again about what thier city is like. They tell you, and start saying "I KNOW you'll love ....." (naming spots you'll enjoy)

You tease him/her by saying "That sounded like you're trying to get me to move there....." at which you get a reply "I could be........." (in a serious way)

Now, you HAVE kinda been to the area they live in whenever its just driving through or making a stop at one place but not really enough time to actually explore but what you had seen, it looked very nice.
You have also asked OTHER friends who had been in the area about the place just to see if the person you like was being honest and not "just saying it" and turns out she/he was honest.

You like that person and she/he likes you... you both have a GREAT friendship and have told each other things other people may not know (just choosen people).
You know for the fact it'll be easier to transfer a job to where they are cause theres a identical store in thier town. (and could always look for another job on the side if you don't like that store.)

You really like her..... she sooo understands most of your medical problems having experienced them all (dating people with the same things) lol and has a couple of her own but nothing bad.
She really likes you too.

So... has anyone on here ever just moved cause of someone?? Even tho you know a bit about the area, it sounds much better than where you are now lol
If you have.... how was the move? Did you meet the person FIRST then moved where they were??

Please tell me about it :) Even the negative stories are welcome lol

Tasha

captslaprock
Jun 30, 2007, 1:19 PM
tasha i moved for a person one time & have no regrets
it didn't work out in the long run but i would do it again without reservation

the only advice i'd give is: move because you want to move
don't move hoping something will work out with the other person

in my slow southern way what i'm trying to say is
don't put pressure on a new relationship to where if it doesn't work out you won't be crushed

keep smilin' & going forward always
tj
:)

deletetacount123
Jun 30, 2007, 1:42 PM
Ya :) We are talking as friends only right now even tho we'll like to try the relationship thing lol

She told me of places I would like... How its different than Penticton (she has been here a few times visting friends when they used to live here)

I would move there cause of the things.. it sounds a lot nicer than Penticton and it is nice to KNOW someone already there lol

IF we decide to go the next level then that'll happen when it does :) For now we're happy as just friends but we have no problem saying how we really feel about the other lol

Tasha

TaylorMade
Jun 30, 2007, 2:12 PM
I came close to it once. The relationship had gotten serious, and because he was still in FL and near family, I was more than willing. It broke up before I was able to really start the process), contemplated it a dozen times.

I'm still willing to do something radical like that, but I know I have to be as exited about where I'm going as I am about the person who will "meet me there".

*Taylor*

captslaprock
Jun 30, 2007, 3:50 PM
taylor you hit the nail on the head as for what i was trying to get across

Snowblind1
Jun 30, 2007, 4:21 PM
I moved up to Alaska the first time because my best friend moved up here to be with her BF.

I had no idea, really what to expect. For me, it was more a matter of I had just broken off a bunch of ties with people I had known and I was trying to decide "what now?". I had been away from her before that and had pined for her (we were really close) and I couldn't stand the thought of her being gone from my life again, so I followed her up here.

I have mixed feelings. I explored and resolved my feelings with her; we're great friends to this day so in that sense it was a 'positive'.

On the other hand, I feel like everyone has a 'path' in life and that I chose the wrong direction, everything in my life has felt wrong since I moved up here; like I had a choice to make and I made the wrong one. So, in that sense, I regret it.

Hope that muddies things up!

:bigrin:

Herbwoman39
Jun 30, 2007, 4:55 PM
Yes, and I'm still with him. I met Ken on an old service called Prodigy Classic. He was living in Atlanta and I was living in Cody, Wyoming. He flew me out to Atlanta for a week and then flew out to Wyoming for my 30th birthday six months later. I moved a little less than two months after that. By that point we had known each other five years and been dating long distance for over a year.

It terrified me to actually pack up and move all that way with my 6 year oldson in tow. But I knew deep down that I was giving myself a new start and a chance at something truly spectacular.

My suggestion is to take a week and visit before you make a final decision though. Best to be informed about the place and be certain that what clicks on the net also clicks in the real world.

NorthBiEast
Jun 30, 2007, 10:42 PM
I seem to remember that you've been looking to move for several months now. Go visit once or twice, to get a feel for the place and go for it! You've got the job and the social network all set up already. Go for it! :bibounce:

deletetacount123
Jul 1, 2007, 1:16 PM
I seem to remember that you've been looking to move for several months now. Go visit once or twice, to get a feel for the place and go for it! You've got the job and the social network all set up already. Go for it! :bibounce:

Yep :) Im gonna talk with her (my friend) and ask when is a good time to come and visit for a week or so. That way I can get to know her AND at the same time have a "look see" around the city.

Ummm Coquitlam seems nice. Im reading a facebook group on Coquitlam and people have nice things to say lol

My path is going nowhere in Penticton.... I wish my parents could understand that....

Tasha

Dagni
Jul 1, 2007, 10:49 PM
Hmm, well i definitly switched from Finland to Sweden if that may count, cause my wife and i found some place in middle between her native Norway and my Finland. But as time has gone by, i started to visit Finland much more often and often and now i came to the point that i live in 4 places:
hometown Jyväskylä in central Finland, Helsinki as a capital of Finland, Stockholm in Sweden (the most prettiest city on world) and Monaco - Monte Carlo cause of taxes, nice weather and other great stuffs.