PDA

View Full Version : Two interesting reads

Toad82
Jun 28, 2007, 7:04 PM
I especially like what was said in the second one.

http://newsbloggers.aol.com/2007/06/28/is-homosexuality-genetic-ask-the-ancient-greeks/

and

http://newsbloggers.aol.com/2007/06/28/were-all-gay-the-only-question-is-how-much/

I would like to know what others think.

RJ :lokai:

Skater Boy
Jun 28, 2007, 7:15 PM
I liked this comment, lol:

"With a name like Dinesh I'd assume you aren't from the cornbelt. But I could be wrong, that being said don't you think your time studying queers could better be used studying why we have children starving to death in the world. If you or your family are from India or some foreign country wouldn't you like to be of assistance to that country to help understand and cure that issue? I've always found that individuals who are so overtly concerned about gays themselves are living soley in Gina Heights my friend. You might be looking to crusise Homo Alley sometime soon. LOL Why are we so focused on GAYS? I'm Gay and could care less about what you are doing sexually. Let's start paying attention to some of the real issues in the world!!! They are numerous last I looked. "

There's a bit of attitude in there, but he has a point... whats with all these damn anti-homosexual theories, tests, researchers and all that crap. Its like someone's trying to win the Nobel Prize for discovering the "Cure For Queerness".

ghytifrdnr
Jun 28, 2007, 8:52 PM
Interesting, yes. The part that puzzles me is why so many people on BOTH sides invest so much emotion into arguing the issue. I think; what is, is. Get used to it and move on. :2cents:

wanderingrichard
Jun 29, 2007, 1:47 AM
I liked this comment, lol:

"With a name like Dinesh I'd assume you aren't from the cornbelt. But I could be wrong, that being said don't you think your time studying queers could better be used studying why we have children starving to death in the world. If you or your family are from India or some foreign country wouldn't you like to be of assistance to that country to help understand and cure that issue? I've always found that individuals who are so overtly concerned about gays themselves are living soley in Gina Heights my friend. You might be looking to crusise Homo Alley sometime soon. LOL Why are we so focused on GAYS? I'm Gay and could care less about what you are doing sexually. Let's start paying attention to some of the real issues in the world!!! They are numerous last I looked. "

There's a bit of attitude in there, but he has a point... whats with all these damn anti-homosexual theories, tests, researchers and all that crap. Its like someone's trying to win the Nobel Prize for discovering the "Cure For Queerness".

yeah, unfortunately, some misguided christian ministers here in the U.S. have opened both camps and clinics that they claim they use to "cure homosexuality".. wish they're read what you've posted.. maybe they'd actually DO something constructive and useful with their ministries instead of messing with things that do not need fixing

rissababynta
Jun 29, 2007, 1:05 PM
i love reading the posts that people made saying that a person is gay because they choose to be. i have a theory. i base it off of my own personal experiences with many many gay and bi friends or just gay and bi people i have spoken to. my theory:

the only people who say that gays, lesbians, and bisexuals choose their orientation are the people who aren't gays, lesbians, or bisexuals.

please, if there is anyone on this site who knows of someone who is gay or bi and say that they chose to be that way, let me know (and i'm only talking about REAL gays and bisexuals, not someone who went through a "phase" if you know what i mean). because i would seriously like to be enlightened so i can change my theory if i must...

Skater Boy
Jun 29, 2007, 2:39 PM
yeah, unfortunately, some misguided christian ministers here in the U.S. have opened both camps and clinics that they claim they use to "cure homosexuality".. wish they're read what you've posted.. maybe they'd actually DO something constructive and useful with their ministries instead of messing with things that do not need fixing

Don't the "Scientology" freaks claim to do that sorta thing too? Hey, maybe THAT'S why Tom Cruise... no really, lol... what am I like? :bigrin:

This "Dinesh" guy... I don't see ANY letters after his name, so I'm guessing he's no expert in these matters. and this is an online "blog" after all...

Wiki says: "Blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject such as food, politics, or local news; some function as more personal online diaries."

So bear all that in mind: Dinesh is "no professional", and is merely "stating his opinions" on what is going through his mind at this moment in time.

IMO... If it DOESN'T have a bibliography, cite a list of reference texts, or quote facts/results from specific tests, then its probably not worth getting fussed about.

And even if it DOES do all of those things... still scrutinize it carefully and take any conclusions with a pinch of salt.

TaylorMade
Jun 29, 2007, 3:00 PM
Don't the "Scientology" freaks claim to do that sorta thing too? Hey, maybe THAT'S why Tom Cruise... no really, lol... what am I like? :bigrin:
<snip>

Yes, they do... L.Ron Hubbard's own son (Quentin Hubbard) committed suicide over his own sexual conflicts. Hubbard's own writings on the issue are damn harsh - -so much so that Rosie O' Donnell (back when she was the 'queen of nice') cut almost every platonic tie she had to Tom Cruise when she learned about it. She was supposed to narrate some documentary for the Co$ (as a favor to Miss Cruise), but dropped out.

And of course, it does also explain Tom Cruise's repeated insistence on his heterosexuality, despite anecdotal evidence, rumors, and general gut feeling to the contrary.

*Taylor*

Skater Boy
Jun 29, 2007, 3:41 PM
So does anyone actually know what this "Cure For Homosexuality" entails then? Just out of curiosity. Do they like... tie you up and dunk you under water repeatedly until you "Renounce The Evil"? Or maybe its a Behaviourist approach... they make you ASSOCIATE homosexuality with something negative (for example a traumatic event), and through the process of repetition, the bond becomes permanent in your mind, and thus homosexuality also becomes perceived as unpleasant?

If anyone knows what goes on, I'd love to hear it... I'm just sittin' here drinkin' beer and eatin' popcorn... nothin' better to think about... ;)