PDA

View Full Version : Vegan/Vegetarian recipes

FerSureMaybe
Jun 27, 2007, 7:36 PM
Okay, so I know there's a recipe thread. So, I don't want 200 comments saying "Hey, Fer, there's already a recipe thread." This thread is special, because it's not all animal corpsy.

So, I actually wanted to do this thread before I realized that there was a recipe thread, because I noticed quite a few vegetarians and vegans on this site. So, let's get with the animal friendly cookin'.

Chocolate Cake Vegan style

1 1/2 c flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water

Stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking soda. All together, add in the vinegar, vanilla, oil, and water. Stir and whatnot. Dump it into a (greased) 8 inch square pan.
350 F for 30-35 minutes or until done.

And you need icing....
1 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups confectioners sugar

Beat the margarine until it's all creamy, and then add the cocoa, vanilla, sugar. Beat until it looks like icing pretty much.

That's all for now. :)

Tygress75
Jun 27, 2007, 8:14 PM
For all those interested, here's a vegetarian recipe website that's been around for the better part of a decade:

http://vegweb.com/

Enjoy! :)

FerSureMaybe
Jun 27, 2007, 8:29 PM
Thanks tygress. Peta2.com also has a lot of recipes.

free2peek
Jun 28, 2007, 9:02 AM
My wife and I are vegetarian and are very happy with it. Just yesterday we found out that we are going to have our first baby. Its still sinking in. But my question is are their any good vegetarian recipes for the expecting mother? Our concern is a healthy diet for mom and our baby. Will she be able to keep a Veg diet while pregnant?