PDA

View Full Version : The Happiest Place on Earth

tinkslite
Jun 25, 2007, 12:06 PM
Okay, I don't necessarily agree with that tag line. However, I've been meaning to post a bit about my trip last week. If you don't care, that's fine.

Daughter turned 12, this was a girly trip w/her best friend and mom. I never go in the summertime and now I remember why (hideous crowds).
But we weren't to bothered by it, as we utilized the fast pass system rather efficiently and then saw shows and high capacity loading attractions while we waited. There was a new ride (actually and old retooled ride) that we missed because of its popularity.

We had fun taking our friends to attractions that were brand new to them, including the show Fantasmic! This was wonderful.

I did learn that my daughter requires a very set amount of sleep and food at particular times (no flexiblility at all) or she turns into a creature I don't wish to describe here.
I was able to see my lovely sister in law.

Now HERE IS THE CONFESSION PART OF MY POST:
I could as easily have fallen in love with my beautiful sister in law as I did with her brother. She is beautiful, brilliant, talented, empathetic and compassionate. I love spending time with her. I am NOT out to her, at all, and cannot imagine being so. She is my childrens auntie, and my husbands beloved baby sister. I absolutely adore her (as does almost everyone who meets her).

Okay, enough gushing. My favorite part of the trip was taking the girls for girly spa like makeovers at a place called Club Libby Lu. They walked out all sparkly w/"yes, we AREall that" attitudes, it was really fun!

Herbwoman39
Jun 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
Awwww! I wish you would have told me you were coming! Hubby and I are somewhere in the parks once or twice a week. Could have given you some helpful hints :)

Oh well...maybe next time.

BTW, I'm glad you mentioned Fantasmic. It's my very favorite show followed quickly by "Finding Nemo the Musical"

tinkslite
Jun 25, 2007, 2:17 PM
nope, we were in Cali rather than down your way. Fantasmic is similar here tho.

arana
Jun 25, 2007, 3:30 PM
Sounds like you had a blast tinks and your daughter is one of the luckiest on earth to have such a great mom!

If they'd of had Libby Lu's when I was that age I'd of been in glitter heaven. What am I saying, I love going in there now and seeing the kids having such a blast. lol It's like a big pajama party in there. I love shiny too so it's like a big glitter wet dream. lol *sigh*

I'm so glad you got to go and have such a great time after all the headaches you had with your things being stolen. Thanks for sharing with us!

em100
Jun 25, 2007, 11:59 PM
That is an easy one! Back home in Jamaica on Nigril Beach...at 7am the water is glass..

TaylorMade
Jun 26, 2007, 12:08 AM
Hellshire is better. :tong: Shorty's. . .fish and festival with some Kola Champagne to wash it down?

Heaven.

*Taylor*

onewhocares
Jun 26, 2007, 12:19 AM
In my lovers arms...

Belle