PDA

View Full Version : Queer Prom

Seth C
Jun 24, 2007, 11:05 AM
Just found out that Queer Prom Halifax has a pirate theme. You dress up as a pirate. Sounds fun but... it's so near. Likely I won't go. But I want to try. I get my cheque a little before then. It'd be fun, dressing up as a gothy kinda faggy Satanic pirate. Eye-patch, toy sword, thick metal neck chain, inverted cross, leather jacket, black dress shirt, eyeliner, bandana, nail polish, lip gloss. All I have pant-wise is black jeans though. The green pants won't work; not for a pirate. I haven't thought much about pirate pants before.

It's at the Holiday Inn on Robie street. Yay for another place I've never been too? Makes it even harder for me to get up the courage to go. And I'm just about done talking to jerk bus drivers.

And maybe I can dye my hair before then (what little hair I have now - tear). Purple. Or red.

biwords
Jun 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
Could be fun!

onewhocares
Jun 24, 2007, 11:22 AM
Hi Seth,

First there is no need to be nervous. It will be FUN. Just remember that is what you are going there for, to meet new and interesting people and have FUN. Do not put more presure for yourself.

Now, for the costume...try looking on line for an image of a pirate that you like. Then try and imitate it. You do not have to copy it exactly just use what you have...you don't have to spend much. Maybe a sword or a feather cap.....

Remember one thing.........ENJOY and have FUN.

Belle

Herbwoman39
Jun 24, 2007, 11:32 AM
Craft stores are great places to pick up little odds and ends for costumes. You definitely do not have to break the bank to do a good costume.

Matter of fact, I was at Disney two nights ago and I bought myself a Tia Dalma Crab heart key chain. Then I used needle nose pliers to bend the jump ring and take off the actual key chain part. Then I put the heart on a thick chain that i already had and Voila! The necklace retails for $32. I have one that looks better for $8.

Seth C
Jun 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
Craft stores are great places to pick up little odds and ends for costumes. You definitely do not have to break the bank to do a good costume.

Matter of fact, I was at Disney two nights ago and I bought myself a Tia Dalma Crab heart key chain. Then I used needle nose pliers to bend the jump ring and take off the actual key chain part. Then I put the heart on a thick chain that i already had and Voila! The necklace retails for $32. I have one that looks better for $8.

Yup; I love DIY (it's not for nothing that I'm poor :p). But also: Dollar Stores kick ass.