PDA

View Full Version : If you could meet one person dead or alive who would it be and why?

Fuzzled_one
Jun 23, 2007, 10:14 PM
I've had this question put to me many times before, first when i was around 16, and at 16 you think of you're crush, so i remember thinking Leonardo Dicaprio. Now, well now its a different story, i would LOVE to meet Jim Carrey, just to see how long i could last without cracking up!

TaylorMade
Jun 23, 2007, 10:27 PM
James Dean. Hadrian. Gina Gershon. Three bisexuals from different eras, potentially tossing around suggestions and drinks. Something's bound to bust loose.

How can I narrow that down to ONE?

*Taylor*

gb11vt18
Jun 23, 2007, 11:45 PM
Hey I would not meet this peson for anyting related to sex but Neil Armstrong would be awsome to meet with since he was the first man on the moon. How cool would it be to be talking with the man you was able to take the first human steps on our moon. Few people in the history of human kind witness a event that casues history, but to make it yourself well you have to be one special person.

biwords
Jun 23, 2007, 11:50 PM
Misty Mockingbird, but if she were unavailable, Neil Armstrong.

DiamondDog
Jun 24, 2007, 12:04 AM
Burroughs or PKD.

Azrael
Jun 24, 2007, 12:16 AM
Arthur Rimbaud. I'm a sucker for the French symbolists.

s_shunpike
Jun 24, 2007, 12:26 AM
My Great Grandfather. He lived a rather remarkable life and dealt with some very serious highs and lows and managed to maintain dignity and decorum. I would love to be able to sit and chat with him for an afternoon, just to take it all in.

Herbwoman39
Jun 24, 2007, 1:38 AM
Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein. One of my hobbies is quantum physics and I would give body parts to have Mr. Hawking explain it to me in more depth than I can get from articles and "quantum physics for dummies" stuff.

rissababynta
Jun 24, 2007, 2:37 AM
barry manilow because he is my idol :bigrin:

wanderingrichard
Jun 24, 2007, 3:20 AM
Michio Kaku, mathematician, physicist,college professor, and futurist....probably the smartest person on the planet right now other than steven hawking.

Seth C
Jun 24, 2007, 12:18 PM
Anton Lavey (dead): He was intelligent, revolutionary, gutsy, so f'n insightful it's crazy.

arana
Jun 24, 2007, 12:41 PM
Marie Curie because I think she was brilliant and Salvador Dali because he was so talented and eccentric. Images in his "Un chien andalou" still make my eyes hurt even though I haven't seen the movie in over 25 years. lol

biwords
Jun 24, 2007, 2:06 PM
Burroughs or PKD.

Edgar Rice Burroughs? Kewl!

MarieDelta
Jun 24, 2007, 2:11 PM
Mark Twain, for his wit

Nikola Tesla for his genius.

Likewise Lynn Conway, genius and courage.

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jun 24, 2007, 2:15 PM
Janis Joplin - Id love to sit with her listen to her stories while she's picking at her guitar.

arana
Jun 24, 2007, 2:50 PM
Janis Joplin - Id love to sit with her listen to her stories while she's picking at her guitar.
She'd be another facinating one. I read about her sexploits with women back when I was a teenager too and thought she was rather interesting even though I wasn't much into her musically.

Mrs.F
Jun 24, 2007, 3:10 PM
Princess Diana.....She was just a beautiful person, inside and out. Makes you wonder if she was still alive what she would be doing in the world. To this day I still feel sorry for her boys. They are very handsome too!!! (luckily they don't look like their dad :eek: )

Dagni
Jun 24, 2007, 4:47 PM
Øystein Aarseth - Euronymous (1968-1993)

Famous Norwegian Satanist and founder of black metal band Mayhem, and everything what consider under the name of Black Metal did came from him. I know from all storied that he was extremly brutal and in the same time, very, very decent person, and always respected in whole Black Metal world. He was killed August 23 by his bassist, Varg Vikernes with 23 stubs with the knife.

Par Yngve Ohlin - Dead (1969-1991)

The most brutal vocal ever. He was also in Mayhem, and commited suicide in April 1991, and always being known as very morbid, quiet and laid-back person.

I know present Mayhem members. But those two were special.

Also, in motorsport in general, i would like to meet some famous names who had left biggest impression on me:

Jarno Saarinen (Finland, MotoGp champion in 1972)
Ayrton Senna, Jim Clark, Ronnie Peterson, Gilles Villeneuve, Jochen Rindt, Juan Manuel Fangio, Denny Hulme, Mike Hawthoorn, Alberto Ascari.

Ally Kat
Jun 24, 2007, 7:06 PM
Mark Twain would be interesting...but I bet y'all expected Robert E Lee lol,

darkeyes
Jun 24, 2007, 9:17 PM
Princess Diana.....She was just a beautiful person, inside and out. Makes you wonder if she was still alive what she would be doing in the world. To this day I still feel sorry for her boys. They are very handsome too!!! (luckily they don't look like their dad :eek: )
Groans. spoiled child of a spoiled class...spoiled mother of privileged spoiled sons... meet her?? God forbid Mrs F, even though I wished her no harm whatever she may or may not have been..

darkeyes
Jun 24, 2007, 9:18 PM
Nelson Mandela. A paragon of the 20th century who stands out as a beacon for humanity.

Mrs.F
Jun 24, 2007, 10:20 PM
Groans. spoiled child of a spoiled class...spoiled mother of privileged spoiled sons... meet her?? God forbid Mrs F, even though I wished her no harm whatever she may or may not have been..

I never said they weren't spoiled....of-course they are. :rolleyes: To me she just seemed like a normal person who married an ugly older man who didn't treat her good. I guess her life just fascinated me and would like to have met her. :(

biwords
Jun 24, 2007, 10:24 PM
Mark Twain would be interesting...but I bet y'all expected Robert E Lee lol,

Hell no, Missy, I expected John Randolph of Roanoke!

mouse46
Jun 25, 2007, 10:13 AM
:bibounce: I'd like to meet Keira Knightly, tho I don't know what I would say to her. LOLShe is so beautiful! As far as someone dead , I'd like to meet , "Elizabeth Barrett Browning" , my favorite poet. Also a few women here on the site whom I'm sure know who they are! :rolleyes:

Skater Boy
Jun 25, 2007, 10:19 AM
:bibounce: I'd like to meet Keira Knightly, tho I don't know what I would say to her. LOLShe is so beautiful! :

You have good taste, Mouse! :cool:

Me, I think I'd meet... hmm... Milton H Erickson ("who?!"). Or maybe Sigmund Freud.

redheadhoneycat
Jun 25, 2007, 10:26 AM
I think it would be awesome to hang out with John Candy, and Chris Farley. I love that silly personality. So sad they are both gone.

Fizban
Jun 25, 2007, 10:32 AM
There are plenty of famous and historical people, both dead and alive, whom I would like to meet. But I would really like to meet my paternal grandparents, both of whom predeceased my birth. In fact my paternal grandmother died when my father was six weeks old. It would be great to talk to them and learn something about my father's side of the family.

creach
Jun 25, 2007, 12:02 PM
Unfortunatly i am shallow so nothing as deep as the last post!

I would lurrrrrrrve to meet Liv Tyler and go divin on her!

Failing that Vin Disel so i can shag his brain out LOL x x

Creach :tong:

arana
Jun 25, 2007, 3:47 PM
There are plenty of famous and historical people, both dead and alive, whom I would like to meet. But I would really like to meet my paternal grandparents, both of whom predeceased my birth. In fact my paternal grandmother died when my father was six weeks old. It would be great to talk to them and learn something about my father's side of the family.
I totally can sympathize with your wanting this because I don't know anyone from my mothers side of the family and it would have been really nice to have met someone when I was old enough to remember then. I was an infant when we left the country so that was the only time I had seen anyone.

DerekInNYC
Jun 25, 2007, 4:33 PM
I have had multiple opportunity to meet celebs in my line of work. They really are regular people for the most part, like those of us who were in all of the school plays back in school - the mildly unique people. I personally would like to meet and talk with Einstein, Larry David and Billy Martin all over a shot - OK several shots - of Jack Daniells.

Ally Kat
Jun 25, 2007, 5:13 PM
Hell no, Missy, I expected John Randolph of Roanoke!
well now he would be interesting at that

Ally Kat
Jun 25, 2007, 5:22 PM
and now that I'm thinking of it, Sam Davis would be interesting to meet, most have probably never heard of him, but he was a young confederate solder who was part of a scouting party aka spy ring in Middle Tenn during the Union occupation. He was caught (in uniform so technically they really shouldn't have treated him as a spy) with information on the fortifications at Nashville, held in the jail at Pulaski Tn for several days. They offered to release him if he would just tell them who the leader of his unit was, but he refused repeatedly to revel it. They hung him on the Giles County Courthouse Square. But the most interesting aspect of all that, was the fact, that the man who was the commander of his unit, was in the next cell the whole time.

Huey_durden
Jun 25, 2007, 5:42 PM
Oscar Wilde. Nuff said

Skater Boy
Jun 25, 2007, 5:53 PM
Oscar Wilde. Nuff said

Yup, I'll second that!

Azrael
Jun 25, 2007, 6:01 PM
Edgar Rice Burroughs? Kewl!
Actually, I think my boy DD was referring to William Seward Burroughs the Second i.e. Naked Lunch.

ambi53mm
Jun 25, 2007, 7:49 PM
Jesus H. Christ for the purpose of separating the man from the myth, and to ask what the H. stood for.

Ambi :)

DiamondDog
Jun 25, 2007, 8:00 PM
Actually, I think my boy DD was referring to William Seward Burroughs the Second i.e. Naked Lunch.
Yup that's who I was talking about.

I'm not that into Tarzan even if they did have a book where he went to the moon or mars. :)

macman885
Jun 25, 2007, 9:49 PM
I have no desire to meet or talk to a celeb, but, DaVinci or Isaac Newton because they were so knowledgable in many different areas. A conversation with either one would be fascinating.

Rickh611
Jun 25, 2007, 10:32 PM
No doubt Jessica Simpson :) The most beautiful woman in the world.

bigdaddyden59
Jun 26, 2007, 11:35 AM
Jeff Porcaro...He's a drummer...was a drummer I should say. He's dead now, he had a heart attack at age 38, brought on by an allergic reaction to a pesticide. Killed by flippin bug spray...

When he was alive he was one of the greatest drummers around. He's played for everybody from Steely Dan to Bette Midler to Sonny & Cher to Toto to Madonna to Boz Scaggs to Michael Jackson to...well the list goes on and on...

Here's a link to his discography...pretty impressive. At least I think so anyway...

http://home.swipnet.se/ml/jeff.html

arana
Jun 26, 2007, 11:38 AM
Jeff Porcaro...He's a drummer...was a drummer I should say. He's dead now, he had a heart attack at age 38, brought on by an allergic reaction to a pesticide. Killed by flippin bug spray...

When he was alive he was one of the greatest drummers around. He's played for everybody from Steely Dan to Bette Midler to Sonny & Cher to Toto to Madonna to Boz Scaggs to Michael Jackson to...well the list goes on and on...

Here's a link to his discography...pretty impressive. At least I think so anyway...

http://home.swipnet.se/ml/jeff.html
Jeff Pocaro was a great drummer! Was a very sad loss.