Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is grey and yellow white
And we decide which is right
And which is an illusion?

~~~Nights in White Satin (Moody Blues)

FalconAngel
Jun 20, 2007, 1:13 AM
That's Late Lament. Usually it is attached to Nights in White Satin, when the radio plays it. It is off the album Days of Futures Past. The whole album is a day in music. There's a song for every part of the day. A great album with some wonderful music; but my fav from the album just happens to be Nights in white Satin/Late Lament.

The author of that bit of poetry, Justin Hayward, also worked on another album back in the late 70's, called Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. It's a musical version of the H.G. Wells classic novel, which is narrated by the late Sir Richard Burton and has some amazing songs.

vittoria
Jun 20, 2007, 1:20 AM
That's Late Lament. Usually it is attached to Nights in White Satin, when the radio plays it. It is off the album Days of Futures Past. .......

Late lament, eh?... ironic

arana
Jun 20, 2007, 1:39 AM
I always liked this song....

darkeyes
Jun 20, 2007, 4:13 AM
Sunday mornins - the Elliot household c1979-97 - Moody Blues day - Fran's mum sittin lookin into space duey eyes an lookin soppy - Fran not allowed 2 speak - Dad told to get down to shop for Sunday papers - Go Now the q for silence - Nights in White Satin the q for fran to get in shower - Sound of Hoover q for resumption of normality.

darkeyes
Jun 20, 2007, 5:36 AM
o yea.. almost forgot. Searchers Needles and Pins q :bigrin: for Fran to get the hell out an c er m8s an get sum decent music!

smokey
Jun 20, 2007, 7:10 AM
The author of that bit of poetry, Justin Hayward, also worked on another album back in the late 70's, called Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. It's a musical version of the H.G. Wells classic novel, which is narrated by the late Sir Richard Burton and has some amazing songs.

DAMN I hadn't thought about that album in centuries LOL. I used to have that.

anne27
Jun 20, 2007, 10:04 AM
I always loved that little piece! I was just a kid when I memorized it. I need to hunt the song down and corrupt my kids with it now, too.

vittoria
Jun 20, 2007, 4:51 PM
this song used to draw imagery of wizards and unicorns and things when i was a child... now that i'm MUCH older... it brings to mind the frailty of life, how much we take for granted, and how things can appear to be ONE WAY(aka "great, groovy, and wonderful, full of joy and potential") to the vision, but be a completely opposite scenario in all reality...Just reminds me not to believe everything that is told or done, regardless of the good intentions... as Marilyn Manson once said.. theres always a LIE in beLIEve