PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use John Frieda Shamp/Cond???

TashaSW
Jun 19, 2007, 3:14 PM
Does anyone here uses John Frieda Shamp/Cond?
Ive been using it and ever since I have, I notice A LOT OF HAIR seems to be falling off.

Ya, I know strands fall off 100 times a day but this is silly!! Just seems more than usual and Im always noticing it.

When I was using Herbial Essence Shamp/Cond and another brand, I never noticed this much hair coming off.

AAHHHHHHHHH *cries*

lol Is it just me noticing to much or is John Frieda bad shamp/cond?? Im not using any other products on it and I don't style my hair much except put the sides to the back for work (to keep hair out of face)

For those that don't know John Frieda, its the shamp/conds thats for certian hair colors like BLOND, RED...etc

Hmph I need new shampoo bottle and Im seriously thinking of buying another brand.

Im also wondering if something more serious is going on.... it itches like crazy on the area the back of my neck (where it meets the hairline) and when I brush my hair... wow, it makes the whole head itch for a bit.

The cream the doctor gave me doesn't seem to have a effect.

I want to shave my head just so I can SEE if theres any thing that you can't see with hair covering it lol (like red bumps or something) dad said he would kill me if I did. :( He has a hate towards bald women it seems.

Tasha

Azrael
Jun 19, 2007, 3:23 PM
Screw that noise. Garnier Fructis! Accept no substitutes :2cents:

TashaSW
Jun 19, 2007, 3:26 PM
Screw that noise. Garnier Fructis! Accept no substitutes :2cents:

lol i had thought of that... thier pretty green bottles seem to be trying to get my attention lol

Fire Lotus
Jun 19, 2007, 3:40 PM
If a shampoo/conditioner is making your hair fall out that much, I suggest you stop using it. Sounds like it also may be really drying up your scalp.

I don't know what to tell you to use instead. I use Pantene shampoo and Pantene leave in conditioner. My hair seems to do well with those.

DiamondDog
Jun 19, 2007, 3:42 PM
If you have long hair you will notice more hair coming off.

When I had long hair it was like that but now that I have shorter hair I don't notice it when I lose any.

I've used John Frieda shampoo and I never noticed anything like that but again I do have short hair now and it's harder to notice when smaller hairs fall out.

I use suave shampoo (the coconut shampoo/conditioner is nice), some neutrogena T Gel shampoo, and head and shoulders.

darkeyes
Jun 19, 2007, 4:18 PM
It may not be the shampoo Tasha. It is possible you have a shortage of vitamens or maybe even 2 much vitamens D ( I think its D, mite be B) Kate had trouble last year and it was taking too much of one vitamen supplement or other and when she stopped her hair began to grow normally again quite quickly. Dont know if u take vitamens supplements or not but either way possibly something to think about.

If it is the shampoo and conditoner or not its probably best to change to another just to be safe. The one thing I cant use and wont are the Shampoo/conditioners cos Ive never felt that they look after my hair properly and with my mane it takes some looking after. Just make sure it is a quality shampoo and conditioner an not a cheapie ones from the bottom of the supermarket shelves, cos while they are cheap and I have no objection in principle to buying cheapie stuff sometimes, not when it comes to my hair cosmetics, skin care or hygeine. I have always found problems with them and so I prefer to splash out an extra few quid on the stuff which will do the job. And make sure of course, (like telling Grannie to suck eggs) whatever shampoo and conditioner u use is suitable for your hair. A friend also once had trouble with a Mousse and maybe it could be that, or even any colouring you may use on your hair..

It can also be overuse of a shampoo or conditioner. Probably many of us wash our hair too often and this can lead to loss of condition, hence the killing that is made from use of conditioners. lol. And often just a change even if u are happy with the products is a good idea possibly to prevent your hair and scalp becoming immune to its advantages. (A personal theory only but have always changed my shampoo and conditioner every 6 months or so because of this)

I actually use Body Shop products for my hair and use their Honey Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner but its not that cheap but your hair is worth a few dollars extra to make it look nice and keep and improve its condition. It may be worth (if you have a Body Shop Outlet near you) popping in and discussing with them your problem for it may help. This doesnt mean you shouldnt discuss it with your Doctor for whatever it is has to be determined and dealt with.

But while I wouldnt buy cheapie products for my hair it doesnt mean all quality brands are right for you and like anything else it can be just trial and error before u find the right ones. (More Grannie egg sucking..soz)

hudson9
Jun 19, 2007, 4:40 PM
I've used John Frieda for a couple bottles now -- haven't had that problem. If you're itching, you could have a rash from something, possibly from the shampoo (but it would probably be your whole head) or a new detergent (do you wear high collars or hats or scarves?). If it's the rash, here's the sum-total of the Dermatologists wisdom: If it's moist, keep it dry. If it's dry, keep it moist...

Hey wait, John Frieda doesn't have any ingredients bought from China, does it?

Fire Lotus
Jun 19, 2007, 4:59 PM
If it is the shampoo and conditoner or not its probably best to change to another just to be safe. The one thing I cant use and wont are the Shampoo/conditioners cos Ive never felt that they look after my hair properly and with my mane it takes some looking after. Just make sure it is a quality shampoo and conditioner an not a cheapie ones from the bottom of the supermarket shelves, cos while they are cheap and I have no objection in principle to buying cheapie stuff sometimes, not when it comes to my hair cosmetics, skin care or hygeine. I have always found problems with them and so I prefer to splash out an extra few quid on the stuff which will do the job. And make sure of course, (like telling Grannie to suck eggs) whatever shampoo and conditioner u use is suitable for your hair. A friend also once had trouble with a Mousse and maybe it could be that, or even any colouring you may use on your hair..
I have found those 2 in 1 shampoos/conditioners are fine for short term uses (on a trip, vacation, etc.). But for a regular basis, don't work well for my hair either. I also stay away from the real cheapies.I'm all for saving money but I figure for nice, healthy hair it is worth spending a little good money on.

It can also be overuse of a shampoo or conditioner. Probably many of us wash our hair too often and this can lead to loss of condition, hence the killing that is made from use of conditioners.

I also agree with this. I shower on a regular basis but I only wash my hair every couple of days. Every day is a bit excessive. (Unless of course, you have very oily hair) It strips the hair of its natural good oils. However, that is just my opinion.

darkeyes
Jun 19, 2007, 5:10 PM
I also agree with this. I shower on a regular basis but I only wash my hair every couple of days. Every day is a bit excessive. (Unless of course, you have very oily hair) It strips the hair of its natural good oils. However, that is just my opinion.
Some medical experts tell us we neednt wash our hair at all.. some do anyway cos after 2 2 three weeks without washing brushing is all it needs to keep it in condition. Others tell us washing our hair twice a week should be sufficient and would prevent us losing our natural hair oils and some actaully tell us it is not healthy at all to do it more than that..

Am not sure I agree with the first lot, God after a week without washing my hair would be a right disaster zone..and after 3 weeks?? God it would have to come off! Sounds a bit dodgy to me. But do have some sympathy with the second. Like you I wash my hair every second day except at weekends when I wash it on Friday and Saturday evenings before going out. I think 4 times a week is sufficient in anyones book.

arana
Jun 19, 2007, 5:14 PM
OMG I can barely stand to not wash my hair for one day let alone a week! Not to mention how awful it looks because I have long, oily hair. :eek: :eek: :eek:

darkeyes
Jun 19, 2007, 5:33 PM
OMG I can barely stand to not wash my hair for one day let alone a week! Not to mention how awful it looks because I have long, oily hair. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Sounds grim Ran huh??? God wot manky we wud look afta a week! C ya point bout oily hair tho... Kate has oily hair an if she missed a day it jus looked orrible..

Georgie's gf washes er hair twice a day an that in my book no matta how oily ya hair is jus 2 much..