PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from Coquitlam BC or has been there??

deletetacount123
Jun 19, 2007, 1:00 AM
Tell me about this city!!! :)
Is it nice, safe?? What is it like after dark? (can you walk alone without the fear of weird people??)

Im being very pressured to move there lol
(hot gal that I do have a crush on lol We are very good friends...... )

I have drove through when on my way to and back from Vancouver and it looked nice from what I could see. The only time I stopped in Coquitlam was to grab a bite to eat at Wendys cause I was hungry :)

It certainly would be cheaper to move to BC than Ontario since movers do charge by distance and weight of items.

Also the fact Safeway is in Coquitlam, its easy to just transfer rather than looking for a new job since there isn;t a Safeway in Ontario.

Thankies :)

Tasha

ghytifrdnr
Jun 19, 2007, 1:53 AM
While I'm not really familiar with Coquitlam, I have visited there a few times and thought it was a nice city. I think safety on the streets is the same everywhere and wouldn't disqualify it for that. What I think you will find is that people may have more liberal and accepting attitudes than where you are now. And the ease of transferring jobs is good. I'd give it a 'thumbs up'.

deletetacount123
Jun 19, 2007, 2:11 AM
Ya, there will always be bad drivers and weird people on the streets at night everywhere... just have to use safely smarts to avoid that. :)

My friend and I were talking about Coquitlam... like you said, peopel are much friendlier there than in Penticton. Shes deaf too (lost her hearing actually) and has said people are friendly and have better attitudes :)

I don't think she would lie to me if that wasn't true. We have known each other online for a year now. :) She knows how I feel and has once said Penticton was an "idiot stupid town" -- ok not her words excatly... the use of the F word was in that line lol (she never lived here but knew a few people here so she visited and hated it, the people she knew here have since moved out of Penticton)

And yes job trasfer would be easier... is it hard to tranfer than I think it is?? Anyone with experiences in job transfers? how easy was it?

Tasha

Daviecurious
Jun 19, 2007, 7:54 AM
How about a search to see if Coquitlam has a newspaper w/an on-line version you can read. Should be able to get a "feel" for the town after a week or two. Also what community events, ect are going on. Could be helpful.

deletetacount123
Jun 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
How about a search to see if Coquitlam has a newspaper w/an on-line version you can read. Should be able to get a "feel" for the town after a week or two. Also what community events, ect are going on. Could be helpful.

I had checked Coquitlam's offical website and a few others before I posted this post last night. I wanted to get other people's views if they had been here since its nice to have actual people's comments about a area than what your reading about the area,

Tasha