PDA

View Full Version : Pringles from 2003....... Funny!

TashaSW
Jun 13, 2007, 11:35 PM
So Im cleaning a closet today, dug to the VERY back and what do I find??

A SEALED TIN of Pringles!!! You know those tins that comes out every Christmas with 5 or so flavors of canned pringles??

Well, I looked on the bottom "Best Before Sept 2003"

Im scared to open it lol

I remember excatly why they never got eaten... it was given to me BUT my ex had issues and always said stuff to discourage me from eating things I loved best... Pringles was one of them :( so just to avoid his stupid looks, I didn't bother and forgot about the tin.
Now they are found... the year is 2007.... somehow I doubt they are any good lol

I know I should toss them :) Would be fun to keep them for as long as I can just for fun BUT.... suppose I start dating... I let her stay in my house and she finds the tin of pringles.... the frist thing in mind would be "Oooh chippies" *opens tin* The expiry date is on the bottom and she probably won't look under there lol THEN If she gets sick, its all my fault!!!

Ya, bye bye old pringles

Has anyone else every had something thats soooo old? lol

Tasha

Herbwoman39
Jun 13, 2007, 11:41 PM
When I was young there were leftovers in the back of the fridge once that had probably evolved into their own little society.

It was scary.

Hopeful Romantic
Jun 13, 2007, 11:53 PM
:yikes2: Now that I'm packing to move, I have been cleaning like a fiend. While cleaning out the pantry shelves I found a can of fruit cocktail that expired in 2004.

I don't even remember BUYING this!!

FerSureMaybe
Jun 14, 2007, 12:06 AM
When I was really little, like 8-10ish, I got some money for christmas and hid a little of it in the cabinet in the kitchen, like 20 bucks and some change, in an empty nerds box. I though "Maybe I'll find that when I need it". And then I thought, "yea, right...Like I'll forget it's there." But I did..

Well, Summer 2005, I'm saving up to go see the Used, don't know where I'm going to get money from, and my step-dad had just packed up all his shit and left.

So my mom's on a cleaning spree trying to not think about getting left by her husband, and she pulls out this empty nerds box. There was that money.

Funny, huh? I still have my tee shirt I bought with that 20 bucks. :tong:

Enoll
Jun 14, 2007, 9:20 AM
When I was young there were leftovers in the back of the fridge once that had probably evolved into their own little society.

Reminds me of one of the "Cowboy beebop" anime episodes.
He leaves a fridge in the cargo bay fro months and the food mutates
into a blob that creeps around the ship and stings them all.

Skater Boy
Jun 14, 2007, 9:39 AM
Pringles NEVER last long in my household... not with ME about! I always get hungry in the night and raid the cupboards for snackfood.

BUT there's usually a buch of out-of-date stuff right in the back of the cupboard... its stuff like tins of "ratatouille" and butter beans, that no-one likes.

The generule rule is: the nicer the food is, the quicker it gets consumed.

TashaSW
Jun 14, 2007, 11:03 AM
Pringles NEVER last long in my household... not with ME about! I always get hungry in the night and raid the cupboards for snackfood.

BUT there's usually a buch of out-of-date stuff right in the back of the cupboard... its stuff like tins of "ratatouille" and butter beans, that no-one likes.

The generule rule is: the nicer the food is, the quicker it gets consumed.

Its funny how things end up in the pantry that become forgotten OR an item that no one likes and wonder how it got there lol

Ya, its easy to push things to the back so the items you eat most often are in the front.

I remember when I was packing up my ex's stuff, I found a bag of beef jerky.... well, it had white and green fuzz growing on it, I mean inside the bag it looked like the fuzz grew and grew!!!
Since I was pissed off at him, I just tossed it in the box of his food. lol Im so mean!! :) Even tho a trash bag was near me... nope, in the box it went.

Fuzzy White and Green Beef Jerky..... YUM!! lol

Tasha

Skater Boy
Jun 14, 2007, 11:29 AM
Its funny how things end up in the pantry that become forgotten OR an item that no one likes and wonder how it got there lol

Ya, its easy to push things to the back so the items you eat most often are in the front.

I remember when I was packing up my ex's stuff, I found a bag of beef jerky.... well, it had white and green fuzz growing on it, I mean inside the bag it looked like the fuzz grew and grew!!!
Since I was pissed off at him, I just tossed it in the box of his food. lol Im so mean!! :) Even tho a trash bag was near me... nope, in the box it went.

Fuzzy White and Green Beef Jerky..... YUM!! lol

Tasha

Mmm, well, the person who does the grocery shopping in my house likes to give us a "varied diet". So occasionally he'll come back with a tin of rhubarb, some mixed bean salad and a jar of Piccalilly. Needless to say, these things don't get eaten as quickly as the chocolate ice-cream.

chook
Jun 14, 2007, 4:21 PM
I remember when I was in boarding school and I joined the army cadets and on my first camp we were out in the bush and we only had ration packs to eat. well in these ration packs they had tins of biscuits and everybody called them dog bikies because they were as hard as concrete but on the tin they came in was stamped 1944 I asked if that was the batch number and the reply I got from our sgt was no mate thats when they were made now that wouldnt be so bad but the year we were in was 1970.......they had the reputation of breaking a few teeth too, but all in all they werent bad.

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

darkeyes
Jun 14, 2007, 4:24 PM
I remember when I was in boarding school and I joined the army cadets and on my first camp we were out in the bush and we only had ration packs to eat. well in these ration packs they had tins of biscuits and everybody called them dog bikies because they were as hard as concrete but on the tin they came in was stamped 1944 I asked if that was the batch number and the reply I got from our sgt was no mate thats when they were made now that wouldnt be so bad but the year we were in was 1970.......they had the reputation of breaking a few teeth too, but all in all they werent bad.

Gummie ole sod!!! :tong:

chook
Jun 14, 2007, 4:31 PM
Gummie ole sod!!! :tong:

Gummy my arse I was only 15 way back then.......you old tart :tong:

TheThreeOfUs
Jun 14, 2007, 4:45 PM
my mom has a commercial size fridge and sub zero commercial size freezer. Now, my mom is only 5'2 and thats pretty short. She cant reach the two top shelf of the fridge.

One day I was at her house about 4 years ago and I opened the fridge and theres all kinds of stuff in it and theres no clue to what it was so I said to my mom, "You really need to clean out the fridge." She says "I know but I cant reach those 2 shelves very good. Wanna help me?"

Well, Im taking stuff off the top shelf and in the very back of the fridge I find a can of Molassas. The date on the can? June 1981 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I think it was petrified cuz it had weight to it but nothing moved lol That can had to have been there for 23 or so yrs.

Needless to say I went out and bought my mom this nice little stepstool/ladder so she can now reach every shelf int he house and in the fridge! No more petrified anything mom! LOL

TashaSW
Jun 14, 2007, 5:58 PM
June 1981 ?? Molassas ?? yucky lol

When I still lived at home....
I used to clean out my moms fridge from time to time and I always found long expired stuff......

OMG I just remembered.... again, still living at home at the time...
This was the mid 1990s
Mom made 2 pumpkin pies for thanksgiving one year (remember Canada, Thanksgiving is in October) She put one away in those pie containers that designed to look like a pie for display.

Well, we ate one......

3 months later, In Jan... my cousin visited and was leaving... everyone was in the kitchen talking and I grew bored so I looked in the 3 pie containers for no reason lol
Last one a VERY fuzzy moldy pie!! I mean the fuzz was THICK.
Unknowing she was watching me, my sister screamed "EW EW EW EW!!!" LOL

It was so funny, mom jumped at her scream and looked.... "I totally forgot that pie!!" everyone else is looking at it, unsure how to recat lol
But cause the fuzz was so thick, no one wanted to touch it to throw it out lol Finally mom took the container, to the trash, and turned it upside down to throw out the pie.

Mom NEVER put a leftover pie in there again lol TOO EASY to forget!!

DiamondDog
Jun 14, 2007, 6:44 PM
When I was growing up in my parents' house in highschool I found a few glass bottles of RC Cola and Diet Cherry Coke from the late 1980s in the basement.

I also found some cornflakes that had been around since that TV show Blossom with Joey Lawrence was on because on the back of the box if you collected enough UPC labels and sent them in with money you could get a free Blossom phone. LOL

I didn't drink any of that soda or eat the corn flakes.

I did however find liquor from the 1970s which I drank a few bottles vodka, gin, and whiskey over the years.

Azrael
Jun 14, 2007, 6:53 PM
I was @ my Aunt Lisa's house and found a pack of Cigs from the 70's :bigrin:

DiamondDog
Jun 14, 2007, 7:05 PM
I was @ my Aunt Lisa's house and found a pack of Cigs from the 70's :bigrin:

what type/brand were they? Did you smoke any?

Azrael
Jun 14, 2007, 7:51 PM
Benson and hedges, and ya, I did, and it wasn't terrible lol.

biwords
Jun 14, 2007, 7:57 PM
When I was a little kid, back in the mid-1960's, I visited my grandparents' and found an old Thomas Edison light bulb, the sort where the round end of the bulb (not the other end, which is the thread) ended in a point. It was dated 1920 and still worked. I was given it as a present, only to drop it some years later. Easy come, easy go....

FerSureMaybe
Jun 15, 2007, 4:56 AM
Reminds me of one of the "Cowboy beebop" anime episodes.
He leaves a fridge in the cargo bay fro months and the food mutates
into a blob that creeps around the ship and stings them all.
I freakin love cowboy bebop!