PDA

View Full Version : Download Festival 2007 (off topic)

DuskTillDawn
Jun 12, 2007, 5:01 PM
Hey did anyone here go to the download festival in Donnington, what did you think?

It was amazing! (in my opinion)

Azrael
Jun 12, 2007, 5:11 PM
No, but one of these years I will sell blood if necessary to go to Monsters of Rock @ Donnington!
Cheers!

Herbwoman39
Jun 12, 2007, 5:16 PM
Please favor me with an education of my ignorance. What precisely is the "download festival"?

DuskTillDawn
Jun 13, 2007, 5:13 AM
The download festival is a big rock/metal festival in Derby, England that has been running for the last 5 years around June time.
If anyone is anymore interested the website is www.downloadfestival.co.uk

Kiraya
Jun 13, 2007, 5:23 AM
It's a long weekend of beer, bands, mud (if it rains) and hundreds of people going wild to the sounds of the bands they paid to see live.

A friend of mine went and had a great time. she got back bruised, sunburnt and totally worn out, and had managed to spend over £400!!! She said it was worth it though. lol

And the sweetest thing about my friend... She texted me as soon as she got back to let me know she got back safe. I wasn't expecting her to do that. I thought I'd see her at the pub this weekend along with all the others. Was a nice surprise though.

Good to hear you had fun, Dusk :)

Doggie_Wood
Jun 13, 2007, 7:14 AM
It's a long weekend of beer, bands, mud (if it rains) and hundreds of people going wild to the sounds of the bands they paid to see live.

Hmmmm!! Causes my mind to reverse wander and reminisce of days gone by..... Woodstock (the original).. Sex - Drugs - Rock & Roll and more Sex

:doggie:

Kiraya
Jun 13, 2007, 7:24 AM
LOL but did you have 'port-a-loos'? The human equivalent of the floor of a bat cave! lol

DuskTillDawn
Jun 13, 2007, 12:46 PM
ther were porta-loos yes, but they were the 5 star loo's.

In the camp site the loo's were basically giant iron boxes with tiny cubicals on top. In the cubical was a hole into a pit of everybody elses pees nd poos, wasnt nice.

FerSureMaybe
Jun 13, 2007, 9:59 PM
Nope. But I'm going to a bunch of festivals this summer as my life is music and music is my life.

I wish though..

MCR, Evanescence, Saosin, As I Lay Dying, 30 Seconds to Mars, Killswitch Engage, Papa Roach, HELLYEAH, From Autumn to Ashes..*drools*