PDA

View Full Version : Drew! New featured article pls! One thats not so depressing maybe?

TheThreeOfUs
Jun 12, 2007, 1:04 PM
Ok the featured article is getting changed more often now for sure, but can we get a new one thats not as depressing? Just a thought, pls dont attack me everyone!

Azrael
Jun 12, 2007, 1:18 PM
I rather liked the last one. I found it a bit upsetting, but poignant and wonderfully written. Besides, I like movies with sad endings. Attack? You? Naw. As most people here will tell you I'm a little squirrelly but really quite harmless. Don't ever let anyone here intimidate you into not speaking your mind :grouphug:

biwords
Jun 12, 2007, 1:31 PM
Az is 24 years old, and likes stories with sad endings. ThreeOfUs is 38, and found the article depressing. I'm 51, and after reading it felt like stepping out on to a ledge. There's a moral in this somewhere.

darkeyes
Jun 12, 2007, 2:09 PM
We want everything rosy in the garden sure, but sumtimes we needs a gud dose of reality... an far as me can see... we have it, so leave it for a bit longer babes....

arana
Jun 12, 2007, 2:24 PM
The feature article use to be changed once a month, but with so much on Drews plate and things he's working on to improve the site certain things have had to take longer. He's doing the best he can to keep up with everyone's needs and is trying to make things apply to all ages and preferences. Please give him time. Even if the articles were being changed at their normal rate you'd still have to see it for at least a month anyway. This is a free site after all so enjoy and make the best of it.

jem_is_bi
Jun 12, 2007, 4:10 PM
I think it is entirely appropriate that some feature articles depict mental pain and alterations of ones life that occur when we face challenging problems that occur when we pass our 50th birthday.

I thought these articles are meant to challenge our intellect. So, I was very surprised that so many of the responses were even more negative than the article. The article did have an element of hope.

For those of you that are young, the issues of age will have to be dealt with. Why not consider them as challenges rather than millstones. You all have plenty of challenges, now, while your young. Master these challenges and you will be able to handle those associated with being older. You get to practice and improve your coping skills before you need them most. So, do not be depressed. You will do fine and your future will include significant happiness.
For those of us who are over 50, you have successfully lived a long time. Congratulations! With the right attitude growing older is still a great adventure, with fun, love, and great sex as well. If you don’t look and feel like 20 any more, you can still be HOT and get me excited!

JEM

Azrael
Jun 12, 2007, 4:20 PM
I think it is entirely appropriate that some feature articles depict mental pain and alterations of ones life that occur when we face challenging problems that occur when we pass our 50th birthday.

I thought these articles are meant to challenge our intellect. So, I was very surprised that so many of the responses were even more negative than the article. The article did have an element of hope.

For those of you that are young, the issues of age will have to be dealt with. Why not consider them as challenges rather than millstones. You all have plenty of challenges, now, while your young. Master these challenges and you will be able to handle those associated with being older. You get to practice and improve your coping skills before you need them most. So, do not be depressed. You will do fine and your future will include significant happiness.
For those of us who are over 50, you have successfully lived a long time. Congratulations! With the right attitude growing older is still a great adventure, with fun, love, and great sex as well. If you don’t look and feel like 20 any more, you can still be HOT and get me excited!

JEM

Sir, you are all kinds of wise :bowdown:

FalconAngel
Jun 12, 2007, 4:23 PM
There is a need to show the downside of things, but we really do need more upbeat stories and articles. Nothing fills you with a positive mental attitude like a true story of how good things can be or how things could be changed.

Of course, We refrained from reading this particular article, because at 45 and 52, respectively, and still know that we are sexy, but we didn't need anything that might have us wanting to potentially jump off a bridge. :P

arana
Jun 12, 2007, 6:22 PM

JEM
Thank you for your wise words JEM! It would be nice if others took from from those who've been through things and learned from them so their lives would be easier instead of just rolling their eyes thinking that is so boring or not this again. Life has a way of coming at you unexpectidly. I was talking to two gentlemen who had been healthy all their lives, one a gym enthusiast and walked 4 miles daily up until a heart problem took that away from him out of the blue 3 months ago. You just never know....

spartca
Jun 12, 2007, 10:32 PM
I actually really liked this article. Good to get a reality check.

It's a catch-22: Until society accepts queers, some of us are doomed to live out our old age lonely. Many more than straights anyways. But society won't accept us unless more of us come out of the closet. But more of us won't come out of the closet because we're afraid of dying alone. So we need these peppy articles to help us believe that everything will be okay if we come out.

Not sure what to say about all that, because I bought into the hype that being bi was kewl, and now the fact is I'm kind of suffering for my choice to live my life out and proud as bisexual. I do worry a lot about dying alone, destitute, with no children. But you play your hand in life and then live with the consequences. Just my two cents, sorry it's no Disneyland in my world.

DiamondDog
Jun 12, 2007, 11:31 PM
I actually really liked this article. Good to get a reality check.

It's a catch-22: Until society accepts queers, some of us are doomed to live out our old age lonely. Many more than straights anyways. But society won't accept us unless more of us come out of the closet. But more of us won't come out of the closet because we're afraid of dying alone. So we need these peppy articles to help us believe that everything will be okay if we come out.

Not sure what to say about all that, because I bought into the hype that being bi was kewl, and now the fact is I'm kind of suffering for my choice to live my life out and proud as bisexual. I do worry a lot about dying alone, destitute, with no children. But you play your hand in life and then live with the consequences. Just my two cents, sorry it's no Disneyland in my world.

yeah I dunno how things will work out for me.

I was telling someone how the idea of being in a closed/exclusive relationship with a woman makes me feel trapped and how if I married/became partnered to a woman and we'd agreed to having an open relationship and it later became closed I'd probably get depressed and wind up cheating and I would probably leave that relationship to have one with a man.

I don't want any regrets but I'd rather be in a relationship with a guy and just have casual sex with women (either with him or without him but I'd prefer it with him) if we had an open relationship at all.

I have a friend that he and his husband are both bi and they're older and close to 50 and my friend told me how he regrets marrying a man and wishes that he'd married a woman and had kids instead.

They were going to adopt kids but they don't want to do that because they're in an open relationship and neither see this as being a stable environment to raise foster children in.

Sex in Words
Jun 12, 2007, 11:35 PM
Hi all!
After some chaos, we are indeed working to get articles up once a month. Things are set for the next two articles and I hope you'll like this upcoming two-parter.
To address the content of the articles: I strive very much to contract articles that reflect the many, many different paths of life that we as bisexuals may follow, be lead down, be forced to live or choose merrily to saunter past. So, some articles might depress us. Other articles, like how to arrange a threesome, will titillate. Some will anger, some will surprise. We're a diverse bunch and I think we owe it to you to give you diverse topics to read.

spartca
Jun 12, 2007, 11:47 PM
Hi all!
After some chaos, we are indeed working to get articles up once a month. Things are set for the next two articles and I hope you'll like this upcoming two-parter.
To address the content of the articles: I strive very much to contract articles that reflect the many, many different paths of life that we as bisexuals may follow, be lead down, be forced to live or choose merrily to saunter past. So, some articles might depress us. Other articles, like how to arrange a threesome, will titillate. Some will anger, some will surprise. We're a diverse bunch and I think we owe it to you to give you diverse topics to read.

Rock on with your bad selves! I'm a total fan!!! :)