PDA

View Full Version : Lesbian/bi women, safer sex, and some observations.

DiamondDog
Jun 8, 2007, 7:57 PM
Here's a safer sex and sexual guide for women who have sex with women.

http://magazine.goodvibes.com/girlfuck.swf

I'm not a lesbian/bisexual woman so I can't tell if this guide is any good but I did notice that they seem to be VERY stringent on safer sex like using dental dams for rimming/giving oral sex and using gloves for putting fingers into an orifice.

Any idea why that is?

I don't know anyone that's gay/bi/hetero that actually uses latex gloves for fingering only. Fisting someone analy/vaginally is another story but in this guide they say to use latex gloves if you finger someone.

I also don't know anyone who's gay/hetero/bi who uses dental dams for rimming or giving a woman oral sex.

I know a few gay/bi men who use condoms for giving men oral sex but the majority don't.

The guide says to use condoms on sex toys if you share them and this is a good thing as I do this with toys if I use them on others.

DiamondDog
Jun 8, 2007, 8:03 PM
Any thoughts on this guide or how lesbian/bi women have safer sex or why this guide is so strict about insisting on people using gloves for fingering and dental dams for rimming/giving oral sex?

Azrael
Jun 8, 2007, 8:15 PM
Transmission of fluids, dood. Least that's my :2cents: If LSD can absorb through your skin I'd be willing to bet other shit can.

gb11vt18
Jun 8, 2007, 10:30 PM
As I guy I thought that the comic was intersting and gave alot of detail for safe sex for women I would still like to hear the reaction from women on what they think about it. As guys we normally don't know too much about women safe sex besides wearing a condom but as I read it I learned more. Thanks for post that comic.

DiamondDog
Jun 9, 2007, 12:46 AM
Transmission of fluids, dood. Least that's my :2cents: If LSD can absorb through your skin I'd be willing to bet other shit can.

yeah but while I can see using condoms for sharing sex toys or using gloves for anal/vaginal fisting it does seem a bit extreme to use latex gloves each and everytime that you put a finger into someone's orfice.

If you have a huge cut on your finger OK I could see that but what's the point in doing it if you don't have any cuts/broken skin at all?

At some point safe sex gets a bit too clinical to be fun anymore.

If you're THAT worried about your partner and go to these extreme measures, what's the point in even having sex with that person at all?

It's good to be safe and take precautions but IMO if you're THAT worried about someone's STD status or their viral load for a certain STD (if they have one), why not just get tested or just do other types of sex with them that don't involve fluid exchange/transmission?

Why not just start making out with latex condoms and dental dams over your tongue/mouth?

tink1978
Jun 9, 2007, 1:43 AM
As a woman i think that it is a little over board. If i am worried that someone is/has something i am not going to go there. But some younger girls may need a little help with this. It was a good comic very informative.

Tink

Azrael
Jun 9, 2007, 2:48 AM
yeah but while I can see using condoms for sharing sex toys or using gloves for anal/vaginal fisting it does seem a bit extreme to use latex gloves each and everytime that you put a finger into someone's orfice.

If you have a huge cut on your finger OK I could see that but what's the point in doing it if you don't have any cuts/broken skin at all?

At some point safe sex gets a bit too clinical to be fun anymore.

If you're THAT worried about your partner and go to these extreme measures, what's the point in even having sex with that person at all?

It's good to be safe and take precautions but IMO if you're THAT worried about someone's STD status or their viral load for a certain STD (if they have one), why not just get tested or just do other types of sex with them that don't involve fluid exchange/transmission?

Why not just start making out with latex condoms and dental dams over your tongue/mouth?

I don't disagree, just explainin' the way I see it, buddy :tong: