PDA

View Full Version : God damn Ron Paul is cool....

Azrael
Jun 7, 2007, 4:42 AM
http://antiwar.com/paul/

'The Price of Delaying the Inevitable' by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

I'd like to add, he's one of the very few Republicans who actually opposed the PATRIOT act, and the Iraq war resolution of 2002. This guy rules.

JohnnyV
Jun 7, 2007, 4:50 AM
Don't forget about Chuck Hagel from Nebraska -- he's another Republican that makes my heart go thump. He opposed the Iraq invasion and has been riding Bush's ass on everything. I want him to win the GOP nod.

J

Azrael
Jun 7, 2007, 5:06 AM
Good point, He's always got a soft spot in my heart for this:
"To question your government is not unpatriotic — to not question your government is unpatriotic."

JohnnyV
Jun 7, 2007, 5:24 AM
Haha... Chuck Hagel is the only politician I'd bottom for.

J

darkeyes
Jun 7, 2007, 7:23 AM
Good point, He's always got a soft spot in my heart for this:
"To question your government is not unpatriotic — to not question your government is unpatriotic."
And a Republican said it while his party is in government?? Wow am impressed.. and am not being facetious either in case you ask... it is something my parents rammed down my throat ever since I was little, and have on several occasions in forums tried to ram down yours..tee hee. And will again. :tong:

smokey
Jun 7, 2007, 7:34 AM
Ron Paul doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell to win the Republican nomination muchless the presidency so he can afford to speak the truth.

Have you heard the Republican candidates? They are totally clueless especially about Iraq... McCain in reliving Vietnam... Guilliani is a one trick pony (look at me I was the mayor of NY during 9/11) and the rest are trying to channel Ronald Reagan.

I have to say that the Democrats aren't much better but at least they have some ideas... though I am hoping Al Gore makes his move.

As for Ron Paul from what I have seen and heard I am impressed. I do not want to vote for Hillary, if he actually got the nomination, I think I might vote for him...it would be the first time I would vote for a Republican. Won't happen though.

Enoll
Jun 7, 2007, 8:22 AM
These Americans are crazy!

12voltman59
Jun 7, 2007, 10:59 AM
From what I have heard of him and from him--I like Ron Paul--but as has been noted--he doesn't have much of a chance of winning the Republican nod--I am surprised that since he has told the truth and not the Republicon party spin--they have not booted him from the party----

Someone like him would not fare any better in the Dems either---with the political parties--like a religion--you are all fine and dandy as long as you toe the company line-but stray from it and you are personna non grata----

It's a pretty sad day in our system----it really is all about money and such----what is best for the country as a whole--"the common weal" as it is known--be damned--so we are damned because of that----

Azrael
Jun 7, 2007, 11:51 AM
And a Republican said it while his party is in government?? Wow am impressed.. and am not being facetious either in case you ask... it is something my parents rammed down my throat ever since I was little, and have on several occasions in forums tried to ram down yours..tee hee. And will again. :tong:
Loves ya 2 me darlin' fran :tong:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 7, 2007, 3:01 PM
I voted for him (Ron Paul) back in 88-he ran for President on the Libertarian ticket.

vittoria
Jun 8, 2007, 3:12 AM
i happen to agree with everyone on this one...
it would be nice if it happened..

and if it does all the power

however in this country of greed and social retardation

there is no telling what the hell will go on...

my heart weeps for the lack of brains

regardless of which party it is

"life is not always perfect...

thats life... this is walgreens" (lol )

much love,

' V '

Fizban
Jun 8, 2007, 12:26 PM
As I stated in a previous thread on Ron Paul, I support him for President. I also voted for him in 1988. He doesn't have a "snowball" chance of being the Republican nominee. Depending on who the candidates are, I might still vote for him as a write-in.

Now as far as Ron Paul being cool, the man has very little charisma. I do support his opinions on most of the issues though. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but when I watched him speak in the Republican debates, I was reminded of Pat Paulsen. I am sure some of you remember him from the late 60's and 70's. Ron Paul is a serious candidate with serious ideas, but his approach is about as dry as Pat Paulsen's was.

AdamKadmon43
Jun 8, 2007, 10:50 PM
He doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning, but I am gonna vote for him anyhow.

Adam

Not2str8
Jun 9, 2007, 1:34 AM
While I agree with many of Ron Paul's ideas, especially as they pertain to the Iraq Occupation and civil liberties, he is still very much a Libertarian. If he and his ilk were in power, you would see an even faster acceleration of what's going on now. No social safety net, and a massive redistribution of wealth from the hands of middle class citizens to private corporations. There would be an even wider gulf between rich and poor and we'd end up with a social structure that looks alot like Mexico, where everyone is either embarrassingly wealthy or desperately poor. We already have significant portions of his type of economic policies in place and the result is an ever-shrinking middle class. Middle classes are not naturally occurring things. They must be created by forward-thinking governments who realize that a strong, vibrant middle class is the centerpiece of any democracy. Without one, we have Feudalism, not democracy. The cons have been at war with the middle class since Reagan took office, and it has shrunk every single year since then.
Furthermore, I think the only reason Ron Paul can speak his mind the way he does in debates, is he knows he has zero chance of winning and has nothing to lose by being frank and dispensing with the bullshit of politics. Al Sharpton did the same thing in the Democratic debates of the past. If he were a top-tier candidate with a real chance of winning, you would see his message watered down, and his tone would not be so strident. He couldn't afford to be that honest.
In short....Libertarians are just Republicans who want to smoke pot. They are marvelous on civil liberties, but their economic policies would destroy our democracy. Just my 3 cents' worth.

Azrael
Jun 9, 2007, 2:38 AM
In short....Libertarians are just Republicans who want to smoke pot. They are marvelous on civil liberties, but their economic policies would destroy our democracy. Just my 3 cents' worth.
Touche :bigrin: I was running with ya til the Al Sharpton comparison. He's a Charlatan at best.
Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton
'Sharpton was quoted as saying to an audience at Kean College in 1994 that, “White folks was in caves while we was building empires ... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.” [58] Sharpton defended his comments by noting that the term “homo” was not homophobic but added that he no longer uses the term.'

Please. Surely you can do better than the likes of this.

Azrael
Jun 9, 2007, 3:12 AM
Besides, I'd rather vote for something I want and not get it than vote for something I don't want and get it.

njgoodguyforfun
Jun 9, 2007, 8:03 AM
I seen Paul in the debates and have been readung about him and agree that he is "Cool".
The problem as previously stated is that he is pretty much unelectable because of the two party system.

How the fuck can America call it self free when all politics are dominated by Reps. or Dems.?

Seems to me we are one party away from being ...........whatever the word is for the oppositte of a Democracy LOL.

Like almost everyone else said ,I am going to vote for an Electable candidate but the time is here for people to start voting thier conscience and not along party lines.

Of course I don't plan on being the guy to try it out......

I say some one will come along with ideas and a voice eventually that will supercede all the money and bullshit in BOTH corrupt parties.

My two cents.

Azrael
Jun 9, 2007, 11:38 AM
'Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness.'
Leon Trotsky

vittoria
Jun 9, 2007, 8:55 PM
'Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness.'
Leon Trotsky

I agree.

We all have to start somewhere... try and try again... till we get it right.. There is so much madness going on... Flippant humans, content with complacency, narrow in mind-- so much so that it seems that we are constantly beating our heads into a wall :banghead: However, if theres a person that can be honest, regardless of what party it is and see the truth for WHAT it is... have something different and challenging to say... that at least gives us hope.. a reason to continue...I would so much rather an option of hope than an option of continuous B.S.--or else it would make "dissident aggressors" out of all of us!!
If you dont stand for something, you will fall for ANYTHING

JohnnyV
Jun 9, 2007, 10:12 PM
This is why I registered Libertarian.

J

I seen Paul in the debates and have been readung about him and agree that he is "Cool".
The problem as previously stated is that he is pretty much unelectable because of the two party system.

How the fuck can America call it self free when all politics are dominated by Reps. or Dems.?

Seems to me we are one party away from being ...........whatever the word is for the oppositte of a Democracy LOL.

Like almost everyone else said ,I am going to vote for an Electable candidate but the time is here for people to start voting thier conscience and not along party lines.

Of course I don't plan on being the guy to try it out......

I say some one will come along with ideas and a voice eventually that will supercede all the money and bullshit in BOTH corrupt parties.

My two cents.

Fresia
Apr 9, 2015, 4:38 PM
Bump it up!