PDA

View Full Version : When telling someone your sexual preferece do you use the word bi?

miamiuu
Jun 5, 2007, 1:28 AM
I went out a few weeks ago at a club and this bi guy basically told me he wanted me to screw his girlfriend and then him. Now I do feel Im bi but i cant relate to that guy. Ive been thinking of phrases to use like bi light, or i am straight,but make exceptions sometimes. or perhaps non practicing bi guy. How does everyone else explain it?

biwords
Jun 5, 2007, 1:36 AM
I say I'm bi (that is, if I say anything), but I think you're suggested formulations are brilliant!

DiamondDog
Jun 5, 2007, 1:50 AM
I just say I'm bi, queer, and into leather, kink/bondage/SM, and neither an anal sex top, versatile, or bottom.

Just say no thanks, or sorry I'm not interested if you're not into the person/people I've done this and it's not a big deal at all.

TaylorMade
Jun 5, 2007, 7:31 AM
I went out a few weeks ago at a club and this bi guy basically told me he wanted me to screw his girlfriend and then him. Now I do feel Im bi but i cant relate to that guy. Ive been thinking of phrases to use like bi light, or i am straight,but make exceptions sometimes. or perhaps non practicing bi guy. How does everyone else explain it?

It's okay to be bi and just not like someone.

Just say that ...yeah, I'm bi, but I'm not feeling you.

*Taylor*

ohbimale
Jun 5, 2007, 12:11 PM
When presented with a situation where I need to I mention that I am bisexual. I have had situations which involved other guys flirting with me and it was enjoyable, but there was no sexual attraction. If asked and I am not interested I just tell them "Thanks, but no thanks." No further explanation should be required.

By the way I do like your suggested terms. :male: :male: :flag3:

jackies
Jun 5, 2007, 12:19 PM
My new favorite word...

Heteroflexible...

But I've never been asked and neither has my husband...yet.

DiamondDog
Jun 5, 2007, 2:33 PM

*Taylor*

Agreed. :)

You can just say sorry you're not my type even if we're both bi/queer.

bohemian69
Jun 5, 2007, 6:18 PM
I really have not come out to anyone ( besides my wife) but I do and always will call myself bi :bigrin:

But I think you summed up your own question with what you said, " Now I do feel I'm bi, but I can't relate to that guy."

I think that just because you are unable to relate to the guy that hit on you, you will find someone you will be able to relate to on many levels, thus resolving your dilema.

Good luck.

sexybicplinwv
Jun 5, 2007, 6:34 PM

*Taylor*
This is great.... :) :female:

darkeyes
Jun 5, 2007, 6:46 PM
I always have said I am bi, with a preference for my own sex, but increasingly I have less and less attraction for men, and its a bit of a standing joke of mine that when Johnny Depp dies I immediately will call myself a lesbian. There is a lot of truth in the joke, for its so long since I have found any sexual attraction for a man other than he, I'm not sure its not true. I have never dismissed completely the possibility of a relationship with a man but honestly cant see it ever happening. While I miss to some extent certain sex acts with guys, but not greatly, my attraction and need for women physically and emotionally is just too strong, Johnny baby notwithstanding.

So am I a lesbian? Or can I still consider myself bisexual? Its a question I wrestle with now as I once wrestled though somewhat more covertly wiith my bisexuality as a young girl, but luckily without the same stress. That my most intense sexual and emotional relationships have always been with my own sex adds to this emotional quandry, with the possible initial exception of my engagement and early marriage to my ex-husband.

I do know that whatever I finally discover and end up considering myself, this is my true on-line home, and here I intend to remain. So ya don get ridda Fran quite so easy guys!! Me an Cleave will still be doin the security in chat for sum time 2 cum!!! :tong:

miamiuu
Jun 5, 2007, 6:48 PM
Lol i like that word heteroflexible.

jackies
Jun 5, 2007, 7:21 PM
LOL

Google it...people really are using it as a way to describe their sexuality. People who say are maybe a 2 or 3 on good ole' Dr. Kinsey's scale. It seems to fit my husband and I to a T...if you need a label...

~Jackie

the mage
Jun 5, 2007, 8:16 PM
Lol i like that word heteroflexible.

Now, isn't that the word for guys who can suck their own dick??

Maestro
Jun 5, 2007, 9:10 PM
I use the word bi with no problem. It just doesn't bother me to use it. If someone makes an offer that I can refuse I do. If they get obnoxious well considering that I am also a stand up comic I generally end up on top, in a figurative sense :bibounce: But usually if I'm in a bar I'm working anyway so I'm not really there trying to get any action.

Lisa (va)
Jun 6, 2007, 12:57 AM
If someone asks me if I am bi, I will answer them "yes" ; if someone asks me my preference to men or women I will respond by telling them it's more the person I am attracted to than their sex.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

shameless agitator
Jun 6, 2007, 2:47 AM
If my orientation comes up, which isn't very often I simply say I'm bi. With people who I'm really close to and have a reason to know (like a woman I've been doing this weird long distance relationship with) I will explain in more detail the different levels of attraction. My profile on myspace lists my orientation as bi. I also make a point of telling people my orientation on or before th first date. It's only fair.

scubaman
Jun 6, 2007, 5:57 AM

*Taylor*

This from Taylor hits the target center mass! Are there females you would not have sex with?

TaylorMade
Jun 6, 2007, 10:38 AM
This from Taylor hits the target center mass! Are there females you would not have sex with?

Uh, YES! YES! A thousand times Yes!

*Taylor*

Huey_durden
Jun 6, 2007, 6:27 PM
I say it from the git go. I say I'm bisexual. and if they have a weird look on their face I say "I also like to rock the cock BOOOONNGGG"

angelicvalkyrie
Jun 6, 2007, 6:30 PM
My new favorite word...

Heteroflexible...

But I've never been asked and neither has my husband...yet.

I like that one. I usually say I am bi if I am interested and married if not interested and leave it at that... :flag4: