PDA

View Full Version : My Work Uniform and This HOT Weather... ugh!!!

deletetacount123
Jun 4, 2007, 1:28 PM
Has anyone ever had to wear a dark color. not light material as a work uniform and its sooooo HOT outside that you're hoping you don't start sweating? lol
THEN you go inside, you have so many people which course creates body heat making it even HOTTER.

So... work you have to have black dress pants, black shoes, a dark grey/greem man's dress shirt even tho you have a choice of short or long sleeves... and then a black apron over top!
To hot!! :( lol

AND Whats worse is you are NOT allowed to have a bottle water at your till so you can't sip if you get thristy from the dry heat. (well, I shouldn't complain since your allowed to ask someone at the desk to take over for a min so you can get a drink at the fountain or sip from whatever you have in your locker/back room fridge if your thristy.)

BC gets VERY VERY VERY VERY hot... even your skin feels like a thick layer of winter clothing so this uniform is really stupid to wear in this weather lol

Ahh evil uniform :) me no likey uniform but hey, I knew what I was gonna have to wear when I applied for the job. hehe However, that was durning the winter time so its different. lol

Tasha

Da Doctor
Jun 4, 2007, 1:53 PM
maybe you should of gone to the sex shop then Tasha

lol

Doc

deletetacount123
Jun 4, 2007, 2:13 PM
maybe you should of gone to the sex shop then Tasha

lol

Doc

Doc, No!!! lol
Im being a chicken about it lol The idea is nice in my head... maybe its better to leave it there hehe

I just wish where I work would be more easier in the summer time or at least crank up the AC in the store.
It gets really hot with all those people around and the dark clothes doesn't make it better.

arana
Jun 4, 2007, 2:31 PM
Try having to wear dark polyester uniforms in the summer near a stove. Talk about sweating your ass off. Those were not fun times.

darkeyes
Jun 4, 2007, 3:40 PM
Try having to wear dark polyester uniforms in the summer near a stove. Talk about sweating your ass off. Those were not fun times.
Know wotya mean bout polyester Ran...wen me wos 18 or 19 used ta work in a pub part time.. hadta wear a polyester dress an pinnie wile servin at bar or tables....wos awful at best of times, spesh since bright green aint my colour, but durin lunch times at weekends, or at nite wen the place was heavin wiv customers, it wos a killer... in the end we had a riot by staff who had jus bout had enuff an told the boss wot 2 do wiv is uniform... thank f*** for his wife who told the silly sod the material was totally innapropriate for a bizzy hot sweaty bar! An tf she hated the green 2..... in the end we ended up wiv nice lite burgundy cotton uniforms... now burgundy...that is my colour... :bigrin:

PolyLoveTriad
Jun 4, 2007, 4:14 PM
That sucks Tasha... I keep thinking about my sweetie wearing all his gear in the desert in 120* weather in the sun too.... life sucks sometimes

the mage
Jun 4, 2007, 6:03 PM
oh puuullleeeessss.. hot.. ya hot... c'mon

I spent many years as a steel hauler, in and out of the mills in Hamilton.

THAT is men with a hot job. Full hard canvas protection clothing, face mask and helmet pouring melted steel out of a 20 foot diameter bucket into a mold on a July afternoon in the smog.

Azrael
Jun 4, 2007, 6:04 PM
Try building ventilation systems in 150 degree attics with *no* ventilation.
Only got heatstroke once in 2 years.

Solomon
Jun 4, 2007, 10:46 PM
aahh there are times when it's a joy to work in a fridge :bigrin:

matterinhand
Jun 5, 2007, 12:32 AM
I'm just getting ready for work, heavy trousers, polyester shirt, tie....

Not really a problem BUT..

I know when I get there that the person on last night will have left the office heaters going full blast and no ventilation so it will hit me as I open the door and be like a sauna for the first hour until the fans drive it away.

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jun 5, 2007, 11:03 AM
i wear black polyester pants , black and grey polyester dress shirt , black tshirt , black socks , black boots , talk about hot lol

BreeIsMe
Jun 5, 2007, 11:29 AM
that sound miserable
How about personal fans?
Do they allow you to have one of those mini fans that you can point at yourself to keep you cool???

some even come with a misting option if you are really overheated!

Then there is always a cold shower...oops that is for another cause of being overheated!!!
LOL

Bree

PolyLoveTriad
Jun 5, 2007, 1:16 PM
I wouldnt want some of those jobs for anything in the world! I like my ac too much lol

bohemian69
Jun 5, 2007, 6:24 PM
Yes Tasha I can relate.
I work in a large warehouse with very little air circulation. Not to mention I live in Arizona ( Home of the 115 - 120 degree summer days) and not to mention, in another month, we get to have the humidity on top of that.

The best thing I can tell you to do (besides dropping ice cubes down your pants - not that I have ever tried that :rolleyes: ) is just to smile and think cooool thoughts!! :)