First Knight
Flightplan
Jurassic Park
Contact
The Abyss
Meet Joe Black
Dragonheart
Stargate
Timeline (the book is much better...but aren't they always?)
Con Air
French Kiss
Arachnophobia
In Pursuit of Happyness
Pirates of the Caribbean

...that's just for starters....hehehe! :tong:

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jun 3, 2007, 7:08 AM
Fried Green Tomatoes ( # 1 ) , Imagine you and me , Hidalgo, The Goonies, Boys on the Side, Indiana Jones Trilogy , The Outsiders, St Elmos Fire, The Breakfast Club, Imitation of Life, Shaw Shank Redemption, Goodfellas, Grapes of Wrath, Back Draft, Long Walk Home, just to name a couple.

sexybicplinwv
Jun 3, 2007, 11:21 AM
Here are just a few of mind...Steel Magnolias,Hair Spray,Interview with the Vampire,Silence of the Lambs,Now and Than, All I could go on and on :bigrin: :female:

Enoll
Jun 3, 2007, 11:52 AM
I work in a video store so I could name dozens of my favorites.
- Clockwork orange
- Tank girl
- The Rocky horror picture show
- Dear Wendy
- Evil dead (series)
- Star wars 4,5,6.
- The Blues brothers
- Immortal
- Battle royale
- Fight club
- Muppet treasure island
- Grandma's Boy
- Clerks
- Pulp Fiction
- Orgasmo
- Basketball
- Terminator 2 (best of the series, no questions)

....the list goes on.

dibbspixie
Jun 3, 2007, 12:07 PM
dont think i could name an outright favorite but do like

harry potter series
matrix series
and to fast to furious
and lots more depends on my mood

Cid87
Jun 3, 2007, 6:48 PM
I don't believe it Flexuality, you love the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven as much as I do? I was obsessed with that movie ever since Ridley Scott started making it (I loved Gladiator). The theatrical version was such a disappointment but the director's cut was nothing less than amazing.

darkeyes
Jun 3, 2007, 6:56 PM
Have two films, both ancient, which I blub ova every time wivout fail...

Casablanca....(sobs)
Waterloo Road (wails)

Modern films me not gr8 luffer of many English speaking films from the mainstream, Blade Runner (Directors Cut) Sean Young...sighhhhhhhh
Alien Sigourney Weaver.... yum
Life of Brian
Priscilla Queen of the Desert

Also Ken Loach's Land and Freedom which is hardly mainstream.

Indochine... French but brill
Amelie.. French but even more brill
La Rein Margot.. French an bloody frantabulous

Azrael
Jun 3, 2007, 7:01 PM
Apocalypse Now
The Exorcist
Stewie Griffin The Untold Story
Dawn Of the Dead
Traffic
Shaun Of the Dead
Casablanca
Serial Mom
Hairspray
The Ice Storm
Evil Dead, 2 and Army of Darkness
Clerks
Alien
Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs
Kids
Night of the Living Dead
Dazed and Confused
The Mosquito Coast
Enemy at the Gates
The Wall
Trainspotting
SLC punk!
Sid and Nancy
Blade Runner
The Royal Tenenbaums
Arlington Road
Blown Away
1933 Robin Hood w/Errol Flynn and Claude Rains
LA Confidential (Guy Pearce was amazing)
Event Horizon
Easy Rider
Resident Evil +Apocalypse
Full Metal Jacket
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Velvet Goldmind
and one of my most massive faves of all time:
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert!
"No more fuckin' Abba!"
the list goes on.....

meteast chick
Jun 3, 2007, 8:01 PM
OMG Az, I really like the Evil Dead series and Army of Darkness too, but not sure I'd count it among my faves...

My #1 is What Dreams May Come
Shawshank Redemption
Gone with the Wind
Wizard of Oz
Dogma
Dazed and Confused
The Last Unicorn
The Harry Potter Series
Cold Mountain
Resident Evil 1 & 2

oh yeah I just saw Infamous on DVD and it was really good!!!

Okay so luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
meteast

cand86
Jun 3, 2007, 8:42 PM
In no particular order:

Beetlejuice
Zoolander
Kung Pow: Enter The Fist
Office Space
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Death Becomes Her
Captain Ron
Reefer Madness
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Chicago
Secretary
The Princess Bride
The Fifth Element
True Lies
The Wedding Singer
Edward Scissorhands
Big Fish
Stage Beauty
Shakespeare In Love
Indiana Jones
Sphere
Contact
Gattaca
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Unbreakable
The Legend of 1900
50 First Dates
Chocolat
Indiana Jones
Harry Potter (of course!)
Serenity
Eighteen
Dummy (w/ Adrien Brody)
Resident Evil
Children of Men
House (the comedy-horror)
But I'm a Cheerleader
Another Gay Movie
Better Than Chocolate
Bound
Quills
Army of Darkness
One Hour Photo
Fight Club
The Truman Show
Minority Report
One Hour Photo
I, Robot
Stargate
Galaxy Quest
The Cable Guy
The Rock
The Shining (mini-series)
The Mists of Avalon
Rushmore
That Thing You Do
Overboard
Blast From The Past
Kate and Leopold
Dave
Zorro
Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
The Truth About Cats and Dogs
The Green Mile
12 Monkeys
The Ring
Hostage
Men In Black
Air Force One
The Singing Detective
The Patriot
The Craft
Aliens
Jurassic Park
The Goonies
Labyrinth
Tommy Boy
The Never Ending Story Part II (never cared for part 1)
The Wrong Guy
Ghostbusters
The Other Sister
8 MM
Gladiator
Sorority Boys
Dirty Dancing
Dogma
Legally Blonde
Clueless
The New Guy
Immortality (aka The Wisdom of Crocodiles)
City Slickers
Starship Troopers
The Professional
Uptown Girls
Deep Blue Sea
Lake Placid
The Glass House
Uncle Buck
Wayne's World
National Treasure
Face/Off
Kiss of the Dragon
Set It Off
Shall We Dance (Japanese version)
Willow
Rudy
School of Rock
Orange County
X-Men
Blade
Under The Tuscan Sun
K-Pax
Misery

And I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of.

jeff64
Jun 3, 2007, 10:22 PM
I don't think Braveheart has been mentioned, it is my absolute favourite. I watch it about every 6 months and it never fails to make me feel strong and positive. The movie is very symbolic of my own fight for freedom each day. Freedom from the bondage of self, fear and addiction. I love that scene where the Scots start to retreat, then Braveheart steps up to the mark and does his little speach.

" Sure you can run and hide and you may live, but a life of fear and despair. Or you can find the courage to fight right now for freedom. You may die, but you will die a free man"

Something like that....heheheh

Other movies I like that are symbolic of my / our journey :- The Piano, Lord of the Rings trilogy

Enjoy the moments in your day

Fizban
Jun 4, 2007, 3:12 AM
Everyone has listed some great movies so I thought I would throw my :2cents: in. My movies probably won't stand the test of time, but I liked them.

1. Bandolero, starring Dean Martin, Jimmy Stewart and a young Raquel Welch. No great acting but I loved the wide-open scenery of South Texas and the musical score by Jerry Goldsmith.

2. Somewhere in Time... I'm a sucker for love stories and Jane Seymour. Another good musical score.

3. 300. I saw this movie recently at the theater and enjoyed the heck out of it. I have a difficult time sitting through a theater movie. I'm constantly looking at my watch. Not once did I look at my watch during this one. It had my attention the whole time.

There are numerous other movies, but these three stick out in my mind.

DiamondDog
Jun 4, 2007, 3:28 AM
blue velvet, narc, anything John Waters, the royal Tennenbaums, Kinsey, chasing Amy, Clerks 1+2, y tu mama tambien, Evil Dead 1-3, Dawn of the dead (original and remake), coffy, Jackie Brown, Foxy Brown, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill 1, Brokeback Mountain, mysterious skin, the virgin suicides, Aliens 1-3, Gattaca, little miss sunshine, goodfellas, Priscilla queen of the desert, Paris is Burning, bladerunner, a scanner darkly, pink flamingos, female trouble, the last king of scotland, naked lunch, the ice storm, mal educacion (bad education), women on the verge of a nervous breakdown, adaptation, drugstore cowboy, my own private Idaho, Jackie Brown, Dolemite, Capote, infamous, the matador, total recall, the life aquatic, fight club, the outsiders, the first LOTR movie, the shining, the departed, as good as it gets, and lots of other movies.

mouse46
Jun 4, 2007, 5:57 AM
:flag1: Favorite Movies:" Medicine Man "all time fav,never get tired of watching it.Lets see Da Vinci Code, Merlin,Excalibur,Dragonheart,Willow,Eragon,Night At The Museum, All Harry Potter movies,Rose Red, Van Helsing, Underworld,Covenant,Pirates Of The Caribbean and The Wedding Singer. :bigrin:

Solomon
Jun 6, 2007, 10:47 AM
I don't think Braveheart has been mentioned, it is my absolute favourite. I watch it about every 6 months and it never fails to make me feel strong and positive. The movie is very symbolic of my own fight for freedom each day. Freedom from the bondage of self, fear and addiction. I love that scene where the Scots start to retreat, then Braveheart steps up to the mark and does his little speach.

" Sure you can run and hide and you may live, but a life of fear and despair. Or you can find the courage to fight right now for freedom. You may die, but you will die a free man"

Something like that....heheheh

Other movies I like that are symbolic of my / our journey :- The Piano, Lord of the Rings trilogy

Enjoy the moments in your day

it is an awsome line :cool:

"yes fight and ye may die, run and you'll live.... at least for a little while, and lying on your beds many years from now, how many of you would trade ALL the days from this day to that for just ONE chance, JUST ONE CHANCE to come back here and tell our enemies, that they may take our lives... but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!"

Solomon
Jun 6, 2007, 11:11 AM
I don't believe it Flexuality, you love the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven as much as I do? I was obsessed with that movie ever since Ridley Scott started making it (I loved Gladiator). The theatrical version was such a disappointment but the director's cut was nothing less than amazing.

Orlando Bloom looks remarkably close to a living Jesus in certain parts of the film

i don't like the decision that Balian makes in regards to marrying Sybella, 'cuz that's actually similar to how Solomon acquired his throne, as he was challenged for it by David's other son, and Solomon ultimately had him and his supporters put to death, and i think it was through a love affair that King David fathered Solomon to begin with (although i could be wrong about the affair part... i seem to recall that it was Solomon's half brother that challenged him for the throne), which of course led to David confirming the throne for Solomon

that and what man is a man who fails to lead and love when called, but i figure that the scene was put in there like that mostly to preserve historical accuracy, and still resolve the intensity of the affair between Sybella and Balian

it's a shame that the final battle for Jerusalem never actually happened... but it was a good way for Balian to make his speech (which he actually did during the surrender of Jerusalem, although it was written in a letter to Saladin who was many miles away), and also add to the portrayal of the intensity of the moment, as well as increasing the action, and portraying how battles were fought in that era

we just rented Gladiator... gonna pop it in maybe tonight :cool:

rissababynta
Jun 6, 2007, 3:04 PM
oh lord, i know i'm going to forget some haha...

The Fifth Element
Mean Girls
Resident Evil 1 and 2
Silent Hill
Click
Labamba
Copacabana
Armageddon
Sound of Music
The Music Man (as much as i love matthew broderick...the older one!)
Guys and Dolls
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
A Knights Tale
Final Fantasy
The 10th Kingdom
Starship Troopers
Braveheart
White Chicks
Baseketball
Merlin
Rose Red
Underworld
Somewhere in Time
Once upon a time in Mexico
Sphere

ok, there are a lot more but i think i should stop myself now haha

tinkslite
Jun 6, 2007, 3:28 PM
I'm a disney fanatic some of my favorites are:
Peter Pan (and I loved the live action version done a couple of years ago)
Cinderella
the Incredibles
Toy Story
all the Harry Potters (the books were alot better tho)
i am also a chick flick lover so i liked
Never Been Kissed (love Drew Barrymore)
50 First Dates
really anything that ends with a hot kiss
i liked Kissing Jessica Stein too

TaylorMade
Jun 6, 2007, 4:00 PM
Crash:the David Croenberg version. It was one of the first "bi" films I watched. I now have James Spader issues, but that's okay.

Rocky4:It's my little Jingoistic secret.

Red Dawn:ditto.

300: blah-blah-blah Gerard Butler blah-blah-blah Men in leather Speedoes blah-blah-blah Lena Hedley's killer bod blah-blah-blah Real Battle of Thermopilae was just as cool.

Remember the Titans: I like football, I like Denzel Washington. Put 'em together, you have nice popcorn flick, yes?

MalcolmX : Not for the reasons you think. I focused on Malcolm's betrayal by the Nation of Islam and related to him in that fashion.

Trading Places : It's a great snarky statement on race and class.

Alien v. Predator : Yay! The black person lives at the end!

Gladiator: I'm a sucker for Sword and Sandal flicks.

Ransom: Don't watch it for Mel Gibson, anyone can do that. Watch it for Gary Sinise. He will shock, amaze, and arouse.

I have more... just, I can't think of them...

*Taylor*

Azrael
Jun 6, 2007, 4:12 PM
I almost forgot "But I'm a cheerleader" :bigrin:
F'ing awesome.

rissababynta
Jun 6, 2007, 5:53 PM
I almost forgot "But I'm a cheerleader" :bigrin:
F'ing awesome.
i remember that movie haha. loved it

darkeyes
Jun 6, 2007, 7:53 PM
it is an awsome line :cool:

"yes fight and ye may die, run and you'll live.... at least for a little while, and lying on your beds many years from now, how many of you would trade ALL the days from this day to that for just ONE chance, JUST ONE CHANCE to come back here and tell our enemies, that they may take our lives... but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!"
Just a wee history lesson... 2 people stand out huge in Scottish history and head and shoulders above any others, one was William Wallace, literally since he stood about 6 and half feet tall. Without him, it is unlikely Scotland would exist as a nation, and he was both military genius and a pretty decent politician too. Remarkably little is known of him other than his time as gueriilla leader, soldier and Guardian of Scotland. He was not however Braveheart, which is the name usurped by Randall Wallace who wrote the film script from the man who in the end fought won and assured Scotland's independence. He was the true Braveheart of history.

This is not to decry William Wallace's part in our history for without him Scotland simply would not have existed as an independent state for another 400 years, because without him there would have been no Robert Bruce, for he gave the nation the spirit to carry on fighting even after his defeat and eventual betrayal capture and execution. Interestingly he denied the Bruce claim the Scottish Throne, and fought in the name of John Balliol, who Edward I of England had decided should be King, not through pressure funnily enough, but through an arbitration requested by the Scottish nobility. The Balliol claim was in fact the strongest by lineage, and not that of the Bruce's. Robert Bruce fought at various times both for and against his countrymen during the early war because of this slight as he saw it on his family claim to the throne. It is also claimed in some quarters that he was one of the nobles who betrayed Bruce to the English, but no evidence exists of this other than anecdote.

What is certain is that Robert Bruce fought a brilliant military war against the English after his coronation, when he proved not to be a fair weather fighter for freedom that some claimed him to be, since the early years were full of 1 disaster after another, but in this time he learned just how to fight and win a war, which he did, culminating in Battle of Bannockburn in 1314, the Arbroath Declaration of 1320 (upon which the American Declaration of Independence is substantially based), and the Treaty of Northampton of 1328 where Edward III of England accepted that Scotland was a free and independent nation. Of course Scotland and England fought off and on for the next 3 centuries until James VI of Scotland also became James I of England after the death of Elizabeth I. But without these two men, both geniuses in their own way, my country would be the province of North Britain with little or no culture or lanuages of there own. After the Union of the Parliaments of 1707 it very nearly did.

My interest is more the social history of my and other nations, and the economics of society. But without knowing the events at any given point in our history we are unable truly to work out the social conditions and lives of the ordinary people and why they suffered or conversely prospered and why our society has grwn up in the manner it has. Knowing of these two men who are by no means heroes of mine, has made me appreciate why my people are so bloody minded and determined as they can be, and why as time passed, they gave so much to the world in so many different ways.

Braveheart the film has often been slagged off as inaccurate factually and it truly is in so many ways. But it did reflect the story of our nation, and was true to the spirit of the times in which it was set. It has also in its own way played its part in making Scots once again begin to relearn their history, and if I am somewhat concerned as to its inspiration of Scottish Nationalism, a creed I loathe, it has also played an important part in making us believe in ourselves once again as a distinct and diffferent culture from our English partners who had until recently so dominated simply by weight of numbers the British political and social landscape.

I am not a great lover of Hollywood productions as a rule, but in making Braveheart it helped reawaken a nations sense of itself, and for that I am truly grateful

Solomon
Jun 6, 2007, 8:55 PM
thanx for the tidbit fran!... i'm definately going to look into this Arbroath Declaration of 1320 at some point, because it is very interesting that the Declaration would be associated with Scottlish history

Solomon
Jun 8, 2007, 6:56 AM
that Gladiators movie was awsome! thanks for suggesting it! :cool:

redheadhoneycat
Jun 8, 2007, 9:38 AM
My all time favorite movies are

Animal House & Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Daviecurious
Jun 8, 2007, 11:16 AM
Lots of great choices! Many of my faves are listed. A few more:
Bullitt, w/Steve McQueen
The Sandlot, fun story about growing up/making friends
The Great Santini, w/Robert Duvall

bohemian69
Jun 8, 2007, 6:16 PM
Well mine would have to be
The Usual Suspects
Casablanca
Star Wars (All of them)
Dead Poets Society
Pink Flyodd "The Wall"
And any Abbott & Costello Movie
Oh plus - Tromeo & Juliet - you will never look at Shakespeare the same way. :bigrin:

Skater Boy
Jun 8, 2007, 6:36 PM
Ach! Too many to name... when I was kid I kinda liked "Goodfellas" and "Scarface" etc, but I think I grew outta that.

hey there was one SCAAAARY English film called "Scum" if you can find it... about life in a youth prison. Thats the one that made Ray Winstone famous.

There's some good black and white movies about like "Pi" and "La Haine", which are cool.

I also like the old Malcolm McDowell flms like "O Lucky Man", and "Clockwork Orange" and whats that one with where Mick Jagger plays a Bisexual recluse rockstar and a gangster comes to stay in his house? That one was a real MINDF*CK!!!

Skater Boy
Jun 16, 2007, 7:13 PM
Btw, has anyone seen that film called "Boys Don't Cry" starring Hillary Swank? Man, that is one SAD film... tragic! I don't think I'd want to see it more than once...

brudegan
Jun 16, 2007, 8:14 PM
Too many to list all of the Favs... but the number 1 of all time for me is:

"Hellfighters" released in 1968 with John Wayne, Jim Hutton, Vera Miles and Katherine Ross.

Rough and tumble Oil Well Firefighters and the women that love them.

creach
Jun 16, 2007, 8:21 PM
Btw, has anyone seen that film called "Boys Don't Cry" starring Hillary Swank? Man, that is one SAD film... tragic! I don't think I'd want to see it more than once...

Can't say i have but here's a few of my fav's!
ANYTHING WITH VIN DIESEL IN AS HE IS MY MR PERFECTION!!!
The Lost Boys - it's fun to be a vampire!
Armagedon - Bruce is sooooooo Hot in it Big blub movie!
Kinky Boots - Love watchin the tranny scenes (wanna be one!)
All the Pirates of the Carribean Movies
All the Shrek movies
An American Werewolf In London
All the Austin Powers movies

damn i can't think of anymore but i have a new thread idea! :female:

TaylorMade
Jun 16, 2007, 10:13 PM
Mississippi Masala. . .forgotten till now. Denzel Washingon when he was really young and fresh. . .and Sarita Choudry. DAMN.

*Taylor*

Seth C
Jun 16, 2007, 10:13 PM
A new fave to add to my list:
Dreamgirls. Oh, the direction the movie was going in. I was so pissed off. And then, BAM, happy ending. :cool:

FerSureMaybe
Jun 17, 2007, 4:41 AM
The Faculty
Memoirs of a Geisha
Knocked Up
Trainspotting
Shaun of the Dead
V for Vendetta
The Producers
Anchorman
Napoleon Dynamite
Nacho Libre
Saw
Harry Potter, at least the first ones before they started fucking with the books
Chronicles of Narnia
The Notebook
Underworld
Joe Dirt
Detroit Rock City
Pirates of the Caribbean
Cry Baby
Edward Scissorhands
Ever After
Pan's Labyrinth
School of Rock
The Craft
Nightmare Before Christmas
The Corpse Bride
*edit*
The Butterfly Effect
The Lost Boys

Yep. I probably forgot something.

3naib
Jun 17, 2007, 4:42 AM
WAY too many to list... and so many have been named already. i'll just list some that i have not seen mentioned:

delicatessen &
the city of lost children
the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover &
the pillow book (and much of peter greenaway)
hairspray
barbarella
the manchurian candidate (ORIGINAL)
salaam bombay
brazil, and all the terry gilliam films not mentioned
the handmaids tale
irreversible
dark city
until the end of the world
pret-a-porter &
short cuts
ghost in the shell (i can't believe i did not see this one!)
lawnmower man (director's cut)
dreams
much of prolific akira kurosawa
made in heaven
don hertzfeldt's brilliant shorts
metropolis
pan's labrynth
the fountain
the 13th floor
the forbiddden zone
16 candles (and all those saccharin-schmaltz-kitsch john hughes films about teenage angst in the 80's)
the hunger
henry & june
and did anyone mention rocky horror??!!

FerSureMaybe
Jun 17, 2007, 4:45 AM
the fountain

That's such a great movie when you finally figure out what the hell is happening. Haha.

FerSureMaybe
Jun 17, 2007, 4:46 AM
The Lost Boys - it's fun to be a vampire!

See, I knew I forgot something.
And I forgot about the movie where Hilary Swank learns karate. I can't think of the name. But I always loved that movie.

3naib
Jun 17, 2007, 4:58 AM
forgot more of mention:

beautiful boxer
warriors
the swordsman ii

Libertine
Jun 17, 2007, 6:40 PM
The Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind.....it's pure perfection :)

Tygress75
Jun 17, 2007, 7:16 PM
Asking me "what's my favorite movie" is like asking me to pick one gender to be attracted to. I just can't set limits. :bigrin:

An extremely small selection would include:

star wars hexology
matrix trilogy
LOTR trilogy
pirates of the caribbean trilogy
indiana jones trilogy
terminator trilogy
naked gun trilogy
harry potter series
superman 1, 2, & returns (forget 3 & 4 ever existed)
highlander 1, 3 & endgame (forget 2)
all movies based on comic book characters (except sin city)
most classic disney cartoons
tron
hackers
D.E.B.S.
bound
road house

...and a whole lot more. (I've got over 700 titles on disc -- my friends call me their personal "blockbuster." :tong: )

deletetacount123
Jun 18, 2007, 4:50 PM
The Sound of Music
Singing In The Rain
Rose Red
The Others
Tipping The Velvet ..... (sighs, don't watch this alone. Puts you in a WANT mood) lol
13 Going on 30
Fried Green Tomatos
Mommie Dearest
Parent Trap (I love Hailey Mills lol)
The True Adventures of 2 Girls In Love

Im sure theres more... the above were the first things to come to mind.

Dagni
Jun 18, 2007, 4:59 PM
Sorry for being so European, but i don't see anything intresting and artistic in Hollywood production, so i'm very reserved and cautions when it comes to that. And plus that i was on film and theatre academy i learned how to make real artistic movies, so i would put "Persona" on first place, a film by Ingmar Bergman with Bibi Andersson and Liv Ullmann as main actress.

And i warmly recomend to you people to watch movie Trolösa (Faithless), directed by Liv Ullmann by script of Ingmar Bergman.

deletetacount123
Jun 18, 2007, 5:01 PM
Sorry for being so European, but i don't see anything intresting and artistic in Hollywood production, so i'm very reserved and cautions when it comes to that. And plus that i was on film and theatre academy i learned how to make real artistic movies, so i would put "Persona" on first place, a film by Ingmar Bergman with Bibi Andersson and Liv Ullmann as main actress.

And i warmly recomend to you people to watch movie Trolösa (Faithless), directed by Liv Ullmann by script of Ingmar Bergman.

Tipping the Velvet isn't from Hollywood :) Its a birish film :)

Dagni
Jun 18, 2007, 5:03 PM
Tipping the Velvet isn't from Hollywood :) Its a birish film :)

yes, ok, thank you Tasha, i didn't saw it, i just pointed on ignorant way straight to Scandinavia. My appologies.

deletetacount123
Jun 18, 2007, 5:08 PM
Its ok Dagni :) I do agree that Hollywood overdoes stuff.
Sometimes they make great movies but now its... blah.

I mean... There have been movies that are soooooo good THEN its ruined by an scene that to you, shouldn't have beent here but Hollywood did it so they get more $$$$$

arana
Jun 18, 2007, 5:09 PM
I don't have any specific favorite. Some of my faves include:

Alatriste
History of Violence
Indian Runner
Lord of the Rings
Heavenly Creatures
Nightmare on Elm Street
and a lot that have already been mentioned

Schumi
Aug 16, 2007, 7:33 PM
So let's see favorite movies!
Die hard 1,2,3,4 Bruce rules
Taxi1,2,3,4
Oceans 11,13
Bone Collector
15 minutes Master De Niro
Jesus of Nazareth Great film no matter what is your religion
Dogville for the idea
Notting Hill
Love Actually
Finding Nemo
Ice Age
The Party PETER SELLERS FOR EVER
Pink Panther
The prestige
City of Angels

Azrael
Aug 16, 2007, 7:48 PM
The City of Lost Children
Pan's Labyrinth
Easy Rider
Night of the Living Dead
Kentucky Fried Movie
Airplane!
American Beauty
It's my party (son of a bitch, Eric Roberts is good for something!)
The Shawshank Redemption
Stand by me
Network
Casablanca
LA Confidential
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the desert
Zardoz
The Elephant Man
Silence of the lambs
Frailty
The Wall
Falling Down
The Life of Brian
The Hobbit (animated 1977)
Ghost in the shell
Akira
The South Park movie
The girl next door
But I'm a cheerleader
In and Out
The Dark Crystal
The Ice Strom
Blade Runner
the list goes on....
and on....

Skater Boy
Aug 16, 2007, 9:42 PM
PETER SELLERS FOR EVER
Pink Panther

"Yeuw steeoopid fewl, Kato... yew see what yew deed? Yew feurgot ze first rule of self defens... never alleuw yeurself be taken by seurprise!!!"

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/JBASHORUN/175px-Sellers_pinkpanther7.jpg

No wait...

"eet ees Inspecteur Clouseau- Open ze deur in ze name of ze leur!"

biwords
Aug 16, 2007, 9:47 PM
Network! Neat, Az, I think I mentioned on another thread that a former girlfriend of mine was in it.

Most people are mentioning newer movies, so I'll show the flag for some old ones:

Dracula (1931)
The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934)
Foreign Correspondent (1940)
The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)
Hail the Conquering Hero (1944)
The Search (1948)
The Third Man (1949)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Journey to the Beginning of Time (1960)
Carnival of Souls (1962)
Badlands (1973)
Days of Heaven (1975)

onewhocares
Aug 16, 2007, 10:16 PM
Anything Alfred Hitchcock

Casablanca

Anything with Audrey Heburn
Anything with Cary Grant

Lillies of the Field
Guess Who is Coming to Dinner
Adams Rib
Mr. Limpett

gb11vt18
Aug 17, 2007, 12:07 AM
Any James Bond Movie
Americian Pie Movies
Star War Movies
The Bourne Movies
The Girl Next Door
Cruel Intentions

These are just a few, don't want to make the list too long.

justafriend
Aug 17, 2007, 12:51 AM
Great movies listed above, but here's some off the wall guilty pleasure movies I really liked.

Jane Eyre - several versions out, but I liked the one with William Hurt and Charlotte Gainsbourg.

Shawshank Redemption - Dealt a bad hand but calmly and persistently figures a way out and comes out on top. Same as Jane Eyre.

Tipping the Velvet - best Lesbian movie I ever saw. Highly recommended.

Shortbus - I don't know how to describe this one but I loved it.

Young Lady Chatterley - OK, so this one is B movie trash but I loved it Cynthia played by Harlee McBride rides into town (in a Rolls Royce), fucks everybody from the gardener to the chamber maids and saves the family estate. How can you beat that? Whenever I'm in a down in the dumps mood I watch this one and it always cheers me up. My kinda gal.

LoveLion
Aug 19, 2007, 9:37 PM
Lets see...

Fight Cub
Requiem for a Dream
The Fountain
Shawn of the Dead
Memento
Zoolander
40 year old Virgin
Boondock Saints
V for Vendetta
Anything with Cillian Murphy (ahhh Cillian, how gorgeous you are)

LoveLion
Aug 19, 2007, 9:40 PM
The City of Lost Children

The Hobbit (animated 1977)

haha, good lord. I didnt realise anyone else in the world liked that (let alone even seen it). That is a classic of my child hood. props to you Azrael

shameless agitator
Aug 19, 2007, 10:24 PM
God I could be at this all day! Was glad to see from 3naib that I'm not the only Gilliam fan. Let's hope he eventually makes his Don Quixote movie which brings me to lost in la mancha, grey gardens, pan's labyrinth, bridge to tarabithia, the talented mr ripley, anything Hitchcock, Crouching tiger hidden dragon, house of flying daggers, all things Bruce Lee, Boiler room, Tin men, Wall street, Airplane, Animal house, Blues brothers, Ferris Bueller's day off the list goes on and on but I think I'll stop there at least for now