PDA

View Full Version : A Most Versatile Word...

flexuality
May 30, 2007, 1:09 AM
I swear (pun not intended....well, sort of intended lol) that the word "fuck" is the most versatile word there is! LOL! :tong: :bigrin: :tong:

The Many Uses For the Word FUCK (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Fuck)

mn freak
May 30, 2007, 4:18 AM
It's like the Swiss Army Knife of curse words.

:flag2: :flag3: :flag2: :flag3: :flag2: :flag3: :flag2:

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
May 30, 2007, 6:51 AM
I regularly use the phrase " Well fuck a duck " Not sure where I picked it up , but when I say it i usully mean " what the hell " Odd , but true lol

JohnnyV
May 30, 2007, 8:08 AM
Funny aside:

I know a linguist who says the word "fuck" is so powerful because of what it forces your mouth to do. To say "fuck" you end up biting your lip, then throwing your lip out while letting out a gasp of air, and then crumpling the back of your tongue up in a way that massages the roof of your mouth. Supposedly, the lip-biting, gasp of air, and massaging motion of your tongue against your mouth makes "fuck" a very satisfying release of energy, and cathartic as well as relaxing.

J

Herbwoman39
May 30, 2007, 3:08 PM
My favorite derivative is *still* "Well fuck me runnin!" :tong:

Azrael
May 30, 2007, 3:10 PM
Fuck me 40 ways til Sunday :(

biwords
May 30, 2007, 3:32 PM
Or, if you want to sound Irish, just say (quickly):

Whale oil -- beef -- hooked

biwords
May 30, 2007, 3:39 PM
Adapted from Wikipedia:

An Anglo-Saxon charter granted by Offa, king of Mercia, dated A.D.772, granting land at Bexhill, Sussex to a bishop, includes a reference to the placename "Fuccerham", which looks like either "the home (hām) of the fucker" or "the enclosed pasture (hamm) of the fucker", who may have been a once-notorious man, or a locally well-known stud male animal. (Presumably this is pronounced to rhyme with 'buckram', though the alternative 'fuck-her-ham[s]' has its own charms).

The word fuck has cognates in other Germanic languages, such as

German ficken (to copulate),
Middle Dutch fokken (to thrust, copulate, or to breed),
dialectical Norwegian fukka (to copulate), and
dialectical Swedish focka (to strike, copulate) and fock (penis).

This points to a possible etymology where Common Germanic fuk-, by application of Grimm's law, would have as its most likely Indo-European ancestor *pug-, which appears in Latin and Greek words meaning "fight" and "fist". [!!!!!!!!]

Some time around 1600, before the term acquired its current meaning, windfucker was an acceptable name for the bird now known as the kestrel.

While Shakespeare never used the term explicitly; he hinted at it in comic scenes in several plays. The Merry Wives of Windsor (IV.i) contains the expression focative case (see vocative case). In Henry V (IV.iv), Pistol threatens to firk (strike) a soldier, a euphemism for fuck. A Midsummer Night's Dream uses the word "foot" to pun on the French equivalent, "foutre".

flexuality
May 30, 2007, 9:54 PM
Adapted from Wikipedia:

An Anglo-Saxon charter granted by Offa, king of Mercia, dated A.D.772, granting land at Bexhill, Sussex to a bishop, includes a reference to the placename "Fuccerham", which looks like either "the home (hām) of the fucker" or "the enclosed pasture (hamm) of the fucker", who may have been a once-notorious man, or a locally well-known stud male animal. (Presumably this is pronounced to rhyme with 'buckram', though the alternative 'fuck-her-ham[s]' has its own charms).

The word fuck has cognates in other Germanic languages, such as

German ficken (to copulate),
Middle Dutch fokken (to thrust, copulate, or to breed),
dialectical Norwegian fukka (to copulate), and
dialectical Swedish focka (to strike, copulate) and fock (penis).

This points to a possible etymology where Common Germanic fuk-, by application of Grimm's law, would have as its most likely Indo-European ancestor *pug-, which appears in Latin and Greek words meaning "fight" and "fist". [!!!!!!!!]

Some time around 1600, before the term acquired its current meaning, windfucker was an acceptable name for the bird now known as the kestrel.

While Shakespeare never used the term explicitly; he hinted at it in comic scenes in several plays. The Merry Wives of Windsor (IV.i) contains the expression focative case (see vocative case). In Henry V (IV.iv), Pistol threatens to firk (strike) a soldier, a euphemism for fuck. A Midsummer Night's Dream uses the word "foot" to pun on the French equivalent, "foutre".
Well, fuck. That fucking bit of fucking trivia was fucking interesting...tho fucking half of it was fucking greek to me. Fuckin' eh, man. :bigrin:

Hopeful Romantic
May 30, 2007, 9:56 PM
I regularly use the phrase " Well fuck a duck " Not sure where I picked it up , but when I say it i usully mean " what the hell " Odd , but true lol

I'm NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT USES THAT??

That's as much a favorite as "Odd's Fish"

FalconAngel
May 30, 2007, 9:59 PM
while I was in basic training, I heard a Drill Sargant utter the most eloquent use of the word Fuck.

One of the trainees in another platoon had jammed a bore brush down the barrel of his M-16 and NO ONE could get it out. After hammering the handle of the ramrod against a tree, to no avail, he uttered this completely classic statement;

"FUCK!! This Fucking fucker's fucked."

Solomon
May 31, 2007, 9:38 AM
up here in Canada a supervisor's actually allowed to suspend an employee for swearing :(