PDA

View Full Version : Fight to survive

Azrael
May 29, 2007, 10:11 AM
Something I seriously recommend you all check out for some perspective on this Iraq mess. The Government doesn't want you to read this.

http://www.ftssoldier.blogspot.com/

bohemian69
May 29, 2007, 6:40 PM
Thank you for providing the link. I feel I will be doing alot of reading.
Anyone else who is just as disgusted with this war needs to read what a former soldier of the war has to say.
Everyday the body count of American soldiers and innocent Iraqis keeps climbing. I am sorry, but my son-in-law is scheduled to be deployed in September, and every day I get a little more worried for him when he does deploy. Hell, I am scared.

Let's bring them home.

Solomon
May 29, 2007, 6:56 PM
thanks for the link..... not unlike what the common soldiers wrote about 145 years ago during Civil War.... interesting commonality

FalconAngel
May 29, 2007, 11:41 PM
It's a very interesting blog.
As a vet, myself, I can sympathize with their plight, but I also understand that the biggest thing that they are bitching about is that they want to violate military policy and push the boundaries of the regulations. Those regs and policies are there for a reason and while it may not seem a good thing, it really is.

If you want to see how bad it is there, just read the newspaper and watch the evening news. It is just like I remember when the war in Vietnam was going on. The media painted a pretty grim picture of things there.
It does the same in this war. Our biggest problem in Iraq, however, IS our President and his war-mongering.

And there are a lot of things going on that many are totally unaware of. If you want to get a taste of where things are going, just read the history of the rise of Hitler and the 3rd Reich.

JohnnyV
May 30, 2007, 12:44 AM
To get a taste of how torn up Americans are about this war, I found a compilation of all the feuds between left-wing Rosie O'Donnell and right-wing Elizabeth Hasselback on the show The View. O'Donnell quit, of course, shortly afterward. I find these clips so telling because you can see how sincere their emotions are, and it's such a powerful reflection of how divided Bush's wars have left Americans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuj3nO7AEN4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0IsEvMkA28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5bRnlepNGw

Love,
J

izzfan
May 30, 2007, 11:17 AM
Its interesting to see what's really going on in Iraq. I mean, I recently read "Dispatches" by Michael Herr and was shocked by the realities of the Vietnam war. I think its brilliant that soldiers are blogging about the Iraq war as it shows at least a glimpse of the truth rather than the propaganda our media seems to be showing.

In a previous post, I had made a comment [now deleted after reading this blog] that protesting against wars was no longer rebellious. However, after reading this blog it seems to me that we need more anti-war protestors to get our troops out of this pointless war in Iraq. I would hardly say that I'm a complete pacifist [and I think that war can be necessary in certain circumstances] but the whole war in Iraq was one of the worst ideas anyone has had this decade and I hope that Bush and Blair get put on trial for starting it [ or at least put on trial for failing to prevent the human rights abuses in Guantanamo Bay].

Izzfan :flag3:

Solomon
May 31, 2007, 8:38 AM
i think it's horrifying to see what's going on in Iraq..... 'course CNN and company makes millions from being nothing more than a horror prostitute

Bicuriousity
May 31, 2007, 8:27 PM
We really think we are in the most significant time in history. Amazing how shallow we are.

If you think the Iraq war is a big deal, why don't you read up on things like the Taiping rebellion. It put's things in perspective.

Mankind has always had war, who are we to believe that our generation will ever stop them?

Azrael
May 31, 2007, 11:19 PM
We really think we are in the most significant time in history. Amazing how shallow we are.

If you think the Iraq war is a big deal, why don't you read up on things like the Taiping rebellion. It put's things in perspective.

Mankind has always had war, who are we to believe that our generation will ever stop them?
That doesn't make this conflict any less reprehensible.

ForbiddenWindow
May 31, 2007, 11:44 PM
you want interesting? go to utube and look up bootsontheground thats the
governments perspective, really two vast differences colliding. its not a
wonder why we dont have clashes everywhere where Iraq is mentioned

Why cant we just have friggen peace????

Solomon
Jun 1, 2007, 1:36 AM
i think the simple answer as to why we can't have peace is because we're at war

and because of the fact that many of the people that we all care about are now in harm's way, we are afraid, and helpless to do much more than to express our feelings... in which feelings are probably the most volotile substances on the planet, because they're subject to thinking

nobody likes war.... it's purpose is to kill the enemy before the enemy kills you, and it's that simple, and it's ugly, and it's horrible

and it's also beyond civilian control..... but not beyond our emotions