PDA

View Full Version : Meet & Greets!

s_shunpike
May 28, 2007, 7:48 PM
I have noticed that there seems to be a great deal of interest of late in people getting together as a group. I think that this is fantastic!

In the early nineties I belonged to several BBS's that usually had gatherings at least once a month. This was a great way for people to just get together and hang out and chat face to face. Usually these were held at a local bar or restaurant and would run until close. Occasionally members of the adult groups would offer get togethers in the privacy of their own homes for a little more down and dirty entertainment.

I think that with a lot of the regional representation that we have it would be fun to set up something like this on a regular basis. Perhaps if it is successful we could organize a national Bisexual.com convention :bigrin: .

I will be moving back to St. Louis in July and would love to help put something together at a local watering hole.

Any takers? Let's move from the discussion stage to the planning stages if so many people are really wanting to meet.

FYI - Usually if you talk in advance to the management of a particular establishment and let them know that you are planning on having a large group of people get together at their place you will find that not only can you usually get your own area (if available) but can often get drink and food specials as well. Especially if it will be regular thing.

Shun Out!

s_shunpike
May 28, 2007, 7:54 PM
BTW - Just as a clarification for those who might be a bit concerned. I personally do not see meet and greets as a hook up place (unless specifically stated as such). I think they are great just to get out, put a face with the id and have fun with like minded people!

Shun!

Azrael
May 28, 2007, 7:56 PM
I'd like to get a few of the Florida folks together perhaps in Ybor one night.

pasco_lol_cpl
May 28, 2007, 11:41 PM
I think meet and greets are great. One or two improvements I would like to see made to this board are the addition of a couple of new forums. One would be a 'meet & greet' forum and another would be a 'travel' forum where those who do a bit of travel could try to get to know folks a bit more.

meteast chick
May 29, 2007, 2:20 PM
I know a few fellow St Louisans as well on this site. I'm actually on the IL side (hence my user name), but I think that sounds wonderful. Wonder if we could have in conjunct with the Gay Pride Festival in a few weeks, but probably not enough time.

Anyway, s_shun, put me on your party invitation list...

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

Azrael
May 29, 2007, 2:26 PM
Any interested Floridians hit me up!! I can usually be found in one of these places:
Flanagan's Irish Pub in Dunedin http://www.flanagansirishpub.net/
Stix Billiards in Tarpon Springs http://maps.google.com/maps?btnG=Search&hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=vE6&um=1&q=stix&near=Tarpon+Springs,+FL&fb=1&latlng=28061690,-82772410,6209431641916315379
Cricketer's Pub
http://tampabay.citysearch.com/profile/37810819/dunedin_fl/cricketers_dunedin.html
Dunedin Brewery
http://dunedinbrewery.com/index2.html

s_shunpike
May 29, 2007, 9:10 PM
Meteast - spread the word! Check out the thread I started on St. Louis Metro.

Shun!

FalconAngel
May 29, 2007, 11:21 PM
Would love to have one in the Fort Lauderdale area, with more than just the folks from the Bi support group.

TaylorMade
May 30, 2007, 11:15 AM
Would love to have one in the Fort Lauderdale area, with more than just the folks from the Bi support group.

Hell, let's make the get together in the Keys.

Would anyone ... SERIOUSLY. . be game for getting together before/after FantasyFest?

*Taylor*

12voltman59
May 30, 2007, 12:30 PM
Meeting in Key West would be cool--I have wanted to go to Fantasy Fest for many years--I was stationed in Key West back in the 80s when I was in the Coast Guard.

We were not allowed to take direct part in Fantasy Fest due to standing orders issued by our Group Commander--all I did was sit in Sloppy Joe's and watch the proceedings while I drank Rum punches----it is a hoot and pretty damn wild...

It might be fun to get an all over coat of body paint--then you can basically be nude and march in the parade---

TaylorMade
May 30, 2007, 1:48 PM
I did Latex on my breasts and a sarong. That seems to work best. :)

So... anyone want to do Fantasy Fest?

Anyone?

*Taylor*

Azrael
May 30, 2007, 1:53 PM
loudy coughs *flaNNagan's*

TaylorMade
May 30, 2007, 2:11 PM
loudy coughs *flaNNagan's*

We have 'em in Miami/KW too. :D

You know you wanna go... don't make me start singing "Kokomo", now.

*Taylor*

biwords
May 30, 2007, 8:30 PM
Happy birthday, s shunpike!

s_shunpike
May 30, 2007, 9:02 PM
Happy birthday, s shunpike!

Thank you!