PDA

View Full Version : How About A Bisexual.com Party... IN THE WOODS CAMPING AND CANOEING!?!?!?!

vittoria
May 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
i know it sounds weird, but hey, if everyone are friends, get along, have our unique "inner circles" to count on, wouldnt mind FINALLY meeting to hang out and say "to hell with it " like our own personal woodstock...WHY THE HECK NOT??? with all of the calamitous stuff that is going on today... why the heck not??? bat around some ideas? i know there plenty of retreats and so forth but this would be kewl... better than "myspace" partys... it would be OURSPACE partY!! :) think about it... let me know if you think i'm dumb, then just ignore the rants of me :P

Johnny Reb
May 25, 2007, 12:04 AM
Its a cool idea but would it work out logistically getting a date that a lot of people can make, picking a location that we can get that is centrally located...there are people here from canada, the uk and elsewhere etc...

arana
May 25, 2007, 12:14 AM
So you want to have a bi-stock Vitty? Sounds cool
Congrats on your first post sweetie! :tong:

Eddie altamonte
May 25, 2007, 1:20 AM
If anything we know about on this site is wood

spartca
May 25, 2007, 1:52 AM
Sounds like fun! :)

Where and when do you think?

Solomon
May 25, 2007, 1:55 AM
i know it sounds weird, but hey, if everyone are friends, get along, have our unique "inner circles" to count on, wouldnt mind FINALLY meeting to hang out and say "to hell with it " like our own personal woodstock...WHY THE HECK NOT??? with all of the calamitous stuff that is going on today... why the heck not??? bat around some ideas? i know there plenty of retreats and so forth but this would be kewl... better than "myspace" partys... it would be OURSPACE partY!! :) think about it... let me know if you think i'm dumb, then just ignore the rants of me :P

that sounds like a fantastic idea.... as long as there are certain security precautions of course

we'll bring the bug spray! :bigrin:

spartca
May 25, 2007, 2:00 AM
Speaking of safety, I'll bring the condoms! :tongue:

darkeyes
May 25, 2007, 5:41 AM
If anything we know about on this site is wood
U talk for yaself...unless ya mean wots in tween ya ear'oles...tee hee... :bigrin:

darkeyes
May 25, 2007, 5:44 AM
Long swim 2 ur place tee hee V... but dus luff bein in the woods an campin...an stuff...giggles :tong:

kinky_matt
May 25, 2007, 11:58 AM
Darkeyes what are you talking about the swim aint that bad just put your arm bands on start ya doggy paddle be there in under 15 mins sorted. :)

stormalong
May 25, 2007, 9:48 PM
Worx for me; when and where?

Ol' Stormy
West Central Ohio

Spicy
May 26, 2007, 4:20 PM
Sounds great! Just let me know when and where. I would be willing to fly over from Israel!

Spicy

CountryLover
May 26, 2007, 4:37 PM
I was part of a chat room called #bi-married-men for many years, and ended up running it for 6 years. I hosted weekend parties for the guys every year for those 6 years and they were a *BLAST*. Our group included members from Canada and Mexico as well as all over the US. We usually had around 40 people, and got as high as 70 at the GA reunion. One guy I know was living in Japan and still made several of the reunions.

Since I was hostessing, and doing all the arranging for this large a group, they were usually held here in Texas where it was more convenient for me to handle all the arrangements.

I would poll the guys to see if they had any specific things they wanted, then start calling the hotels in that area. I would state upfront that we were a bi/gay group and make sure the facility was GLBT friendly. Then I'd visit the facility to make sure it was clean and up to standards (got badly burned once Whew!), then I'd assign a local member to list a few good touristy sites to visit, and where the gay bars are.

Once everyone had arrived, my job was over. Folks would pair off in groups or couples, to hang out for the next 3-4 days and enjoy the area. We'd come together for a big picnic on the last day and take a picture of the whole group. One of our members loved making mementos, and he'd provide T-shirts and/or caps for us to buy at his cost commemorating the weekend.

The hardest part was getting everyone to save that weekend almost a year in advance and commit to attending so we'd be able to get group rates at the hotel.

Lots of wonderful memories of our "Internet Friends" weekends!

bqrious
May 26, 2007, 8:25 PM

There is a gay/lesbian/bisexual friendly camping site not far from toronto, u can find the address at the toronto Xtra newspaper and other similiar magz.

macman885
May 26, 2007, 9:39 PM
I would be up for it.

And Toronto sounds great.

Rocsteady
May 26, 2007, 11:50 PM
Count me in. I would love to meet and greet.

pasco_lol_cpl
May 27, 2007, 1:03 AM
Sounds like a great idea, but I can only imagine the logistics invovled. Thanks for the insight Country.

TaylorMade
May 27, 2007, 1:20 AM
Sounds like a great idea, but I can only imagine the logistics invovled. Thanks for the insight Country.

I've seen message board meetups work...though we're so damn far away from one another, half the solution is in the choosing of a location. With that, I humbly suggest a conceptual shift... I mean, while the original concept is in the woods...

I keep thinking... Vegas, Baby!!! Or maybe Toronto...

'Sides...what happens in Vegas...

Uhh, Toronto needs a slogan.

*Taylor*

pasco_lol_cpl
May 27, 2007, 2:02 AM
Toronto...Where ice meets macaroni and cheese? :bigrin:

Well I just got back from vegas, and it was fun. But I hear you about distances. Hell I just wish we could get a Florida meetup going. We love camping and would jump at the chance for a bi camping weekend

AdamKadmon43
May 27, 2007, 2:24 PM
Great idea !!! Can I bring my sheep?

whahoo23
May 27, 2007, 2:34 PM
Would you please post address I looked cant find this campsite ty :)

There is a gay/lesbian/bisexual friendly camping site not far from toronto, u can find the address at the toronto Xtra newspaper and other similiar magz.

Doggie_Wood
May 27, 2007, 4:50 PM
From all of the Western Hemi origins I have seen in chat, Kansas or MO. looks like the most logical and centralized location for a get together. :2cents:
:eek: But are there any woods in Kansas? Maybe MO. would be better. :tongue: :flag1:

Dogwood :doggie:

Da Doctor
May 27, 2007, 6:57 PM
Sorry but my idea of roughing it is a hotel room with no cable.

Tulsatomcat
May 27, 2007, 7:17 PM
I made the same sugestion as to a baqckpacking trip. 43 reads 0 response. Good luck, I'll be there anyway!

TaylorMade
May 27, 2007, 9:29 PM
Sorry but my idea of roughing it is a hotel room with no cable.

Mothafucking WERD, bitch!

http://www.mcnblogs.com/filmfatale/samjacksonpulp-thumb.jpg

The thread needed some Sam Jackson. :)

*Taylor*

CountryLover
May 27, 2007, 11:12 PM
From all of the Western Hemi origins I have seen in chat, Kansas or MO. looks like the most logical and centralized location for a get together. :2cents:
:eek: But are there any woods in Kansas? Maybe MO. would be better. :tongue: :flag1:

Dogwood :doggie:

I have a gay friend in KCMO who goes to a gay clothing optional campground nearby. I can easily get more info from him.

I also know of Rainbow Ranch in central Texas. http://www.rainbowranch.net/ They have cabins and RV hookups and are gay owned/operated.

Through my connections with my guys in #bi-married-men and #gay-cowboys (I did a lot of the tech stuff for their chat room) I have access to a LOT of info on various popular places.

As for logistics, it's actually easier than it sounds to organize a weekend. I even handled credit cards and made the hotel reservations for a lot of my guys without any problems. Like I said, the hardest part is getting a firm PAID committment for folks to really show up so that the group can get the group rate.

izzfan
May 27, 2007, 11:18 PM
Sorry, I probably wouldn't be able to go to it for several reasons. The first being geographical factors and the second being that I agree with the comments about 'Roughing it'.

I went camping a couple of years ago before my GCSE exams, this was in a tent [rather than in a caravan] with a couple of mates. The memories of it still haunt me to this day lol. Seriously, I think that trip has generated a mild dislike for 'the great outdoors' as travelling across a bog/marsh when the only solid ground is directly next to the various trees that are growing there, hardly enamoured me to the idea of camping- especially when I was almost certain that there was a footpath nearby we could have used instead. lol.

Izzfan :flag3:

Not2str8
May 28, 2007, 1:20 PM
A splendid idea ! Of course, location dictates whether or not I could attend. As a former resident of another, now defunct chatroom (bi.org), I've had the great pleasure of meeting around 10 people I've been chatting with for years. In every case the meetings were excellent; like a gathering of old friends. I'm up for anything involving meeting some of my "new" friends from this site.
Perhaps it's a bit self-serving, but may I point out that Florida has LOTS of woods, and some fine rivers for canoeing. :tongue:

stormalong
May 28, 2007, 4:39 PM
I used to do the #bi-married-men chat room With mIRC. I lived on Guam at the time but I didn't get to any campouts or anything. Is ursch still around?

ole' Stormy

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
May 28, 2007, 5:45 PM
Count me IN !! Just tell me when and where :)

Bi_Jay
May 28, 2007, 6:12 PM
As long as it is not one of those fucking 21 and over things, that pisses me off just cuase some one wants to bring beer I cant come cuase Im only 19. You have no idea how many of theis parties they say I cant come to just cuase theres gonna be beer, I THREW A DAMN KEGGER FOR MY GRADUATION PARTY so why cant I come to a party just cuase theres gonna be some beer or there all planning on going to a bar afterwords.

You dont need beer to have a good time as long as you have a nice big cock in ur mouth.

Herbwoman39
May 28, 2007, 7:33 PM
Depending on location and dates, of course, we might be able to attend. Just let me know.

flexuality
May 28, 2007, 9:38 PM
Personally, I think a hotel would be better.

There are probably some people who would attend, but would fly in....lugging along camping gear on an airplane sounds like a nightmare. Some people would have to buy camping gear to begin with....added expense. Plus people would have to buy food and those flying in would have to do that once they arrived...with no vehicle.

However, with a hotel people could have thier own room if they want, or people can double up, triple up, whatever. We have done this before (for other reasons) where we would put 8 people in a hotel room....drastically cuts costs.

People can also carpool if driving to a location from the same area, thereby sharing gas costs. Hard to do that if camping gear takes up too much space.

Hotels almost always have meeting rooms that can be used for a variety of things. Could bring people together upon arrival for a kind of "get to meet" everyone, have coffee, hand out an itinerary for the weekend (if that is part of it...I think it would be good to have some things planned out).

The best way I can think of to insure commitment is to sell tickets. They could cover the cost of the meeting room, refreshements, maybe a meal. The tickets wouldn't have to be very expensive, but I think it would be best if they were "non-refundable." We could offer a slightly better price per ticket bought before a cut off date, thus not leaving everyone buying at the last minute and also giving a better idea of numbers for attendance and determining hotel group rates if they apply.

We would also need some trustworthy volunteers to handle various aspects of arrangements and they would need to be in contact with each other.

Well.....that's my suggestion for a get together. :)

I am a bit leary of having a get together at a campground in the woods with people I have never met, and feeling a bit secluded. Personally, I feel more relaxed about being somewhere a bit more populated and visible.

jem_is_bi
May 28, 2007, 10:03 PM
I like the idea of a hotel/motel with recreational activity easily accessible. I think it would be best if a variety of recreational activity were available. I would definitely not try to transport camping gear by air travel. I would rather bike or hike than canoe and I like a shower at the end of the day and after post-recreational activity. Depending on my work schedule, I would like to have fun and meet others. Although, I don't think I could hanle being in 8 to a room. :eek:

JEM

TaylorMade
May 28, 2007, 10:13 PM
Exactly to the Hotel near a recreational area. . .I'm not sure WHERE you could find a place like that, I think it's possible to find a place like that in Nevada or Utah...but I'm figuring Nevada is more gay-friendly.

*Taylor*

genera101.2
May 28, 2007, 10:22 PM
I agree with countrylover and it sounds like the hotel idea is what most people want. I think Nevada would be great, but if things are easier, if countrylover is still interested in helping to get it going (in Texas), then I would go where ever it would be held.

CountryLover
May 28, 2007, 10:56 PM
I used to do the #bi-married-men chat room With mIRC. I lived on Guam at the time but I didn't get to any campouts or anything. Is ursch still around?

ole' Stormy

*chuckling* Good ol' Ursch. He was my traveling buddy. I'd pick him up in OKC and bring him down to San Antonio with me since he had friends around here. I still have him on my Yahoo chat, if you'd like to get in touch with him.

You might remember me as SueTX ;) I'm still in touch with several of the old timers from BIMM, beloved friends all of them.

jjfuncpl
Dec 15, 2007, 7:11 AM
there is a weekend campout held in July each year in the Mass. area for bi's. we have tried to get to the event a few times but it always fell on a show weekend aand have to put work first.

Now for those wanting the more plush setting this may not work. RENT AND RV then you have all the comforts of home. We do... Ok so we own not rent. Wee're fulltime RV'ers.

NudeDen
Dec 15, 2007, 10:10 AM
Count me in, and love the camping idea, though, i can see countrylover's point that it would be difficult to travel with all that camping gear. Whatever y'all come up with i will definately try to cum.

Dennis

jedinudist
Dec 15, 2007, 4:57 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

But just like everyone else - it will depend greatly on the where and the when.

elian
Dec 15, 2007, 5:30 PM
When I used to participate in the local BBS scene around here we'd have an annual picnic - it was a lot of fun. The constraint there was that MOST of the people were local since most of the time you'd be calling a local BBS. We did have Fidonet tho, so I do remember folks coming in from two or three states over.

the mage
Dec 15, 2007, 7:17 PM
Would you please post address I looked cant find this campsite ty :)

I'm pretty sure its called "The Cedars" its west of Toronto by a good bit,
heres the link
http://www.cedarscampground.com/home.htm

but here's an idea...
Toronto in the summer is a great place. There are a TON of good hotels/motels, tourist stuff to do AND for you hedonists.. A LOVELY LEGAL NUDE BEACH on the Toronto Islands.. Its Hanlans Point Beach and the legallity is courtesy of the TNT men (Totally Nude Toronto)

Bathhouses too for the really horny... hehehe...;)

mastermasterd
Dec 15, 2007, 11:52 PM
Hell Yeah count us IN!

name the time and place?!

Not2str8
Dec 16, 2007, 1:28 AM
Camping and canoeing is a great idea ! I'm going to suggest Florida only partially out of complete self-interest. First of all, you can camp and canoe here in the Winter....a nice break from y'alls months-long deep-freeze. Secondly, we have a number of GREAT rivers here for canoeing, and some awesome state parks. There are alot of Florida members from the chatroom and I think I can safely say most of them would go for Vitt's idea. Thirdly, and most importantly.....having the event here would be like extremely convenient for me. lol

the mage
Dec 16, 2007, 3:13 PM
Unless Drew wants to put a copyright on the name and claim it for Canada??;)

rnt0705
Dec 16, 2007, 3:37 PM
I may have missed it somewhere in the thread. But could there be several "regional" parties? With the price of gas, and transportation these days maybe this could work. We would love to get together for a weekend, if it was a short distance (500 miles or closer) Anybody else interested in this idea?

brunette
Dec 17, 2007, 9:29 AM
i've been to florida, but i've never been to canada! i would love to go, but the thing about the winter is is that when you work in retail, it's the absolute busiest time of year. which means it's impossible to get time off. summer would be tons better for me.

HighEnergy
Dec 17, 2007, 4:07 PM
I'm always up for camping, and most of the state parks around here have lodges so there's your hotel for those not inclined to sleep in a tent.

chulainn2
Dec 17, 2007, 4:22 PM
sounds like fun, I wanted to do the 'Vegas baby' weekend but it all went south.
How about Colorado in the summer or Santa Fe/ Toas.

bigregory
Dec 17, 2007, 11:21 PM
Ok Toronto it is. Im 2 hours north in the bush got lots of space for tents
Please bring a snow shovel.

Azrael
Dec 17, 2007, 11:40 PM
Camping and canoeing is a great idea ! I'm going to suggest Florida only partially out of complete self-interest. First of all, you can camp and canoe here in the Winter....a nice break from y'alls months-long deep-freeze. Secondly, we have a number of GREAT rivers here for canoeing, and some awesome state parks. There are alot of Florida members from the chatroom and I think I can safely say most of them would go for Vitt's idea. Thirdly, and most importantly.....having the event here would be like extremely convenient for me. lol

Ya dood. Hillsborough River state park off US-301 in Thonotosassa would be great for this purpose. Or Maybe Hammock Pine in Sebring. Point is, we got options. Florida isn't a bad place at all if you fancy yourself a pseudo feral person as I do :bigrin:

wanderingrichard
Dec 18, 2007, 12:20 AM
Great idea !!! Can I bring my sheep?

only if you are coming out here to enumclaw .....:bigrin:

void()
Dec 18, 2007, 12:51 AM
Sounds to be a great idea. Hope everyone has a wonderful time. As for the posse here, doubt we'll attend for practical reasons.

1. Event held too far away.

Traveling would require finances to be in order. See point three.

2. Event planned at inconvenient time.

In the event that a paycheck enters the home, it is immediately put toward bills. Which leaves us seeing point three.

3. Event costs money to attend, have no money.

Not that money is everything, but it does help pay those guys named Bill from various companies, agencies and such. Once they are paid if there is money left we eat. And there's no affording illness.

These are merely obvious facts for us here at present. Apologies if stating obvious facts appears to be playing a martyr, that is not the intention. Only putting forth hope everyone can have fun, and rationale for our absence.

Well, off to enjoy what's left of the even the best I may.

jjfuncpl
Dec 18, 2007, 6:42 AM
OK there is a Campground in Fla and one we know in AL that would more then welcome us if all Ok with Gays there too.

pasco_lol_cpl
Dec 18, 2007, 4:45 PM
Which campground are you talking about in Florida? Do you mean The Sawmill near Dade City?

Bluebiyou
Dec 18, 2007, 9:40 PM
The best rivers are in southern Missouri/northern Arkansas (Ozarks) for summer floating.
For later floating, there is the Blackwater/Coldwater (NE Pensacola) in Florida panhandle.
I love to canoe, and even though I am monogamous, would love to come with my gf!

FalconAngel
Dec 18, 2007, 10:17 PM
Since it is, from a simple logistics standpoint, impossible to have one event that everyone could reasonably attend, then the alternative would be for folks in certain areas all get together and arrange a time and place for all of the folks in their respective regions to get together.

For us here in the US, it may require more than one event in each state due to geography.

It makes more sense than trying to set up one event for everyone to come to from all over the world.

pasco_lol_cpl
Dec 18, 2007, 10:41 PM
Good point. Take for instance Florida...its a huge state, but for the vast majority of it (Miami to Tampa to Jacksonville) we could all meet in one location. I think the longest drive would be four hours.

bediddle
Dec 19, 2007, 8:26 AM
As long as it is not one of those fucking 21 and over things, that pisses me off just cuase some one wants to bring beer I cant come cuase Im only 19. You have no idea how many of theis parties they say I cant .

Not a problem in Toronto where the legal drinking age is 19! :tong:

a_boy_toy_for_u
Dec 19, 2007, 11:24 AM
Here's another vote for Toronto. I'm one hour NW of there and there is a Rainbow Park five minutes from me. Trailers, tents, showers.....

mikejan
Dec 19, 2007, 11:37 AM

WHAT the heck r u doin in OHIO ? CUM 2 florida and lets get this woods party in full " swing " with us swingers here in the Bikini state nude-style - plse see our profile & pix listed here as " mikejan " - best wishes to all - THKX for your posting idea ! I enjoy sharing hubby equal as he likes sharing me - - ((((((((HUGS))))))

vip2469
Dec 19, 2007, 8:01 PM
We had a GREAT time in the Pocono's of PA several years ago with this site.
About 50 of us showed up . It was great!

Gemini25
Dec 20, 2007, 1:04 PM
When and Where Baby!!!!!!! Count me IN.:bigrin:

*pan*
Dec 20, 2007, 2:53 PM
hi yea would be fun, and we do go camping ever summer, would rather goto a bisexual orientated campground and play, i was talkin to another person and what they do is find a campground like at rend lake , get everyone in their club together and rent the site for a few days to a week for members only, they are all bisexual. and have fun there

the mage
Dec 21, 2007, 4:00 PM
http://www.wickedclub.com/

Possibly a temptation ........downtown Tranna!!

31cho
Dec 22, 2007, 12:24 AM

Last time there was a "bisexual" party fuckin interns showed up.AND THEY WERE FUCKIN STRAIGHT.I was about to break out the strapon to liven the "bisexual" mixer.It was retarded.

DiamondDog
Dec 22, 2007, 12:25 AM
Last time there was a "bisexual" party fuckin interns showed up.AND THEY WERE FUCKIN STRAIGHT.I was about to break out the strapon to liven the "bisexual" mixer.It was retarded.

Um what are you talking about?

musqrat
Dec 22, 2007, 4:40 AM
In the polyamory scene there are a few regular get-togethers which aren't exactly camping but are a lot more primitive than a hotel - think summer camp rather than tents and RVs. For one example: http://www.floridapolyretreat.com/

A similar event for the bisexual scene could be put togehter... or for those of us in polyamorous/open relationships, those events might be of interest.

pasco_lol_cpl
Dec 24, 2007, 1:19 AM
In the polyamory scene there are a few regular get-togethers which aren't exactly camping but are a lot more primitive than a hotel - think summer camp rather than tents and RVs. For one example: http://www.floridapolyretreat.com/

A similar event for the bisexual scene could be put togehter... or for those of us in polyamorous/open relationships, those events might be of interest.
We'll be at the retreat as well. We just wish there were more events locally. This is the one event we really look forward to each year.

musqrat
Dec 24, 2007, 1:38 AM
We'll be at the retreat as well. We just wish there were more events locally. This is the one event we really look forward to each year.

Actually I didn't say I was going to attend - but I have heard about it and thought about going...

Sapphrodite
Dec 28, 2007, 1:15 AM
If anyone is interested, there is a fabulous LGBTQ campground here in SW Ontario (about 1hr from the Niagara border) that is inexpensive and private - lots of fun!!!

It would be a *spectacular* idea if anyone else would like to come for Bi Pride weekend in September. I am somewhat known to the owners and I'd love to be able to organize a specific Bi Pride evnt there, as most events are not 'bi' oriented, but it's totally safe and accepting there - basically if you loved camping, you would LOVE it there: unspoiled naturalized campsites, pool & poolside bar, restaurant, dance club, and of course lots of sexy guys and gals!!! LOL!!! PM me if you are interested.
~Sapphy~

(PS: a local bi-women's group also hosts a gals-only weekend in August for those more inclined to want to be in a bi-femme group while camping.)

chulainn2
Dec 28, 2007, 11:31 AM
Wherever we go there needs to be hotel arrangements nearby. I will be flying in and can not tote my camping equipment and sleeping bag.
This probably applies to most of us.

csrakate
Dec 28, 2007, 1:59 PM
Wherever we go there needs to be hotel arrangements nearby. I will be flying in and can not tote my camping equipment and sleeping bag.
This probably applies to most of us.

As long as those hotels are more HO than MO (HOtel vs. MOtel)....and don't have those pesky rotary dial phones and TV's without remote controls. They should also have multiple electrical outlets for our make up mirrors and curling irons, the mini fridges for our beverages and the microwaves for our popcorn!!!....Oh wait...that sort of defeats the purpose of the camp out and canoe angle....Never Mind!! LOL!!! Guess I'll have to wait until the next planned get together....Accommodations without the above sort of falls under "roughing it" for me LOL!!

Hugs,
Kate

pasco_lol_cpl
Dec 28, 2007, 6:01 PM
Actually I didn't say I was going to attend - but I have heard about it and thought about going...
Sorry about the confusion. Well we just signed up. We are so looking forward to attending this years event.