PDA

View Full Version : What the hecke does vanilla mean?

jackies
May 23, 2007, 4:39 PM
So forgive me...I'm a newbie...what does being vanilla mean?

Thanks for the info...

~Jackie

anne27
May 23, 2007, 4:45 PM
Vanilla or 'nilla usually mean normal, missionary style, plain sex.

Nothing wrong with it, but there are so many more flavors out there. :tong:

deletetacount123
May 23, 2007, 4:49 PM
Occuring to The L Word..... (between Papi and Shane)

Vanilla is to describe a White Person.

Some black people have a more chocolately colored skin so.....

chocolate and vanilla :)

biwords
May 23, 2007, 4:55 PM
"Sexually unadventurous" is usually implied.

Herbwoman39
May 23, 2007, 5:19 PM
Vanilla can also mean "boring".

DiamondDog
May 23, 2007, 7:16 PM
Vanilla means someone who isn't into BDSM or kink at all.

innaminka
May 23, 2007, 7:26 PM
Beside being a beautiful flavour....
Sexually it denotes (in others) an attitude of non-adventurism.
"That thing there, goes in this hole here, and nothing else goes anywhere!!!"

Long Duck Dong
May 23, 2007, 7:32 PM
lol the moment somebody mentions *vanilla * to me... I immediately think...
sex only in the bedroom, no foreplay, no passion or emotion, and going thru the motions of love making

however that is a bad opinion to have..... some people have the most passionate and deep *vanilla * lovemaking, lol

I know a few couples that have been married for a good number of years, and are totally happy and devoted to each other..... and have healthy sex lives.....vanilla sex lives lol

so I guess for me, vanilla refers to people that don't need the * kink* in their sex lives, they just need the company of each other... and that don't feel the need to * trip the light fantastic * to enjoy love making lol

flexuality
May 23, 2007, 9:51 PM
Another label???????? :eek:

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tong:

scubaman
May 24, 2007, 5:54 AM
Wow, did not know vanilla had so many different meanings. I guess depends on how you look and perceive it. Interesting.

biwords
May 24, 2007, 12:13 PM
"Vanilla sex" doesn't, of course, necessarily mean boring; just not kinky.

The phrase "I'll take vanilla" = "no thanks", e.g. "if this is the future, I'll take vanilla" (Ray Bradbury). For you trivia fans, it appears to come from the 1934 movie I'll Take Vanilla with Eddie Cantor, in which it was the title song.

raistkit
May 24, 2007, 1:58 PM
thanx for the info. it's not just a baking ingredient anymore.
kit

jookboxcharlie
May 24, 2007, 3:03 PM
Another label???????? :eek:

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tong:

Well if it's a label, shouldn't there be a pride flag and a march for it or something?

VANILLA PRIDE! Taking back the night- with the lights off! :tong:

jackies
May 24, 2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks for all the info! I like vanilla as long as it's creamy and rich! LOL

arana
May 25, 2007, 5:24 PM
Well if it's a label, shouldn't there be a pride flag and a march for it or something?

VANILLA PRIDE! Taking back the night- with the lights off! :tong:
LOL Right On!

I always thought Vanilla meant "basic" or "plain" which is a good base to any great topping with a big juicy cherry (or two) on top. :tong:

TaylorMade
May 26, 2007, 11:51 AM
lol the moment somebody mentions *vanilla * to me... I immediately think...
sex only in the bedroom, no foreplay, no passion or emotion, and going thru the motions of love making

however that is a bad opinion to have..... some people have the most passionate and deep *vanilla * lovemaking, lol

I know a few couples that have been married for a good number of years, and are totally happy and devoted to each other..... and have healthy sex lives.....vanilla sex lives lol

so I guess for me, vanilla refers to people that don't need the * kink* in their sex lives, they just need the company of each other... and that don't feel the need to * trip the light fantastic * to enjoy love making lol

That's probably the most generous opinion of vanilla sex I've heard..made me have something in my eye here...
<snif

*Taylor*

Spicy
May 26, 2007, 4:00 PM
Nothing wrong with vanilla guys, just add some nice flavoring to it and you will see what a difference it makes!

Spicy :tongue:

CountryLover
May 26, 2007, 4:41 PM
Just call me French Vanilla ...and maybe a touch of Greek in there too ROFL!!

:tong:

Tommy2020
May 26, 2007, 5:40 PM
If you take 3 large scoops of plain vanilla ice cream and place them into an oval dish and then....... (this is where it gets to be fun...)

Take a good helping of strawberry sauce, pineapple sauce, and chocolate sauce and place each on top of the scoops of ice cream.....

Then take a banana and slice it lengthwise and place it alongside of those wonderful scoops of slathered ice cream and then....

Place whipped cream on the top of each of those scoops of slathered ice cream and then.....

Place a cherry on the top of each mound ot whipped cream that covers the slathered scoops of ice cream and you have the most wonderful adaptation of "VANILLA" you have ever seen or tasted.

So, for me 'vanilla' should have anything but a plain label. Vanilla can always be dressed up into something way more amazing than just plain old garden variety whatever.

My point... never label someone or something as just plain vanilla until you have looked into that person or something to see the real being underneath. You might be surprised.

Take care,

Tommy2020 :santa:

SexyTanBiBoy
May 26, 2007, 9:04 PM
Well reading all the variants, I would have to say that my sexual lifestyle would be rainbow sherbert. I need as much variety and strangeness in my life as I can get.

PolyLoveTriad
May 27, 2007, 12:51 PM
if thats what Vanilla means, what would Pistachio be, and can I have some Neopolitan please? Like 3 scoops, yeah oh and a cherry on top ty!

darkeyes
May 28, 2007, 11:03 AM
So forgive me...I'm a newbie...what does being vanilla mean?

Thanks for the info...

~Jackie
Summer..ice cream cones...sliders..nougat wafers..yummie :bigrin: