PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with my ad? lol

PolyLoveTriad
May 23, 2007, 4:52 AM
Im starting to wonder if theres something seriously wrong with my ad or if Ive said something wrong in it? Seems to me with so many bi guys it wouldnt be so hard to find someone.

Maybe we are only supposed to want sex and nothing more, bet we would get millions of hits then.

(only want hook up or one night stand for meaningless sex, no friendship or other contact just slam bam thank you maam er and man... like wth?)

Da Doctor
May 23, 2007, 6:05 AM
Distance is the only problem for me. I'd contact you if I lived closer.

spartca
May 23, 2007, 6:43 AM
Your ad looks ok to me!

You might want to check out polymatchmaker.com. There are a lot of quality folks on there. Okcupid.com might be another good option.

There are a lot of other sites that might be useful to you, if you don't mind searching for a needle in a haystack: gay.com, outpersonals.com, craigslist.org, adultfriendfinder.com, polyfriendfinder.com, and lovemore.com, to name a few.

Happy hunting! :)

happyjoe68
May 23, 2007, 7:39 AM
There's nothing wrong with the ad. It shows the human side of you since its full of rich detail. People look at an ad and make a decision about the person who has written it in the same way that people make decisions about other people they see in the street, etc.

People could look at mine and feel intimidated by it, but thats who I am. Your ad says who you are, and thats all you need to say ...

spartca
May 23, 2007, 7:50 AM
As happyjoe68 rightly points out, you are presenting yourselves as real-life people with character, not airbrushed blank slates for random horny guys to project their fantasies upon.

By being real, you're filtering out all the bullshit. Yay for that! Less grief for you to deal with.

When you finally do get a response, it will more likely be a quality one.

biwords
May 23, 2007, 10:07 AM
I think your ad is quite wonderful. Only serious defect is you're not in Ontario. :)

oralplus
May 23, 2007, 10:16 AM
How would you like to come to the Gold Coast, Australia???? More than happy to oblige ...There is nothing wrong with your add...may be you are at the wrong place ....or may be i am, as it seem many others. :(

ohbimale
May 23, 2007, 11:54 AM
I think your ad is wonderful. If I lived closer to you I would be honored to date the two of you to see how things developed. I live in NE Ohio...A little far.

By the way you are an attractive woman and handsome man.
:male: :bipride: :male:

deletetacount123
May 23, 2007, 12:03 PM
Mines very honest :) lol People tend to ignore it cause I state Im CLEARLY not looking for one night stands, cyber....etc.
But you know what?? If someones serious about a relationship sees it, a long ad tells you are serious cause you took the time to fill out all that!! :)

I went on OKCupid after being encouraged by someone else on the board and its great over there.... yes, people ignore the profile but you know, I met a wonderful girl on here and right now we are like best friends lol she loved my profile cause of the honestly :)

Honestly just shows you're REAL.... not some phoney with no life and wasting peoples time. lol
Wish someone would reply to mine :) So far I know some of the men on here have said "well, if you weren't looking for women.... i would reply!!" lol Sorry guys :)

Tasha

isotopeblue
May 23, 2007, 12:05 PM
The punctuation could be cleaned up a bit, and I personally avoid netspeak (e.g. "lol") in ads. But if you were closer I'm reply in a minute!

jem_is_bi
May 23, 2007, 10:40 PM
Hi, I am also from Michigan. Thus, I have read your add previously. I would suggest dropping the threat concerning those you suspect of being a pervert. Threats never go good in get to know you ads.
Rather, just drop problems from you invited guest list.

This site is better for exchanging ideas and discussing common interests. So, I would suggest advertising on another other sites that is a more hard-core “I want sex site”, as suggested in a previous reply. You will definitely attract pervert and those interested in sex only. However, if you pay attention to their website behavior and read their profiles and pass messages before meeting, then, you can weed out many of the perverts and sex only. As previously mentioned, don’t be threatening, just drop rejects from your invited guest list. If they just want sex, they will be happy to move on to other possibilities. Eventually you will meet the man you have been looking for. It can be tough work, but it is worth the effort. (Worked for me.)

JEM

PolyLoveTriad
May 24, 2007, 5:32 AM
Hi, I am also from Michigan. Thus, I have read your add previously. I would suggest dropping the threat concerning those you suspect of being a pervert. Threats never go good in get to know you ads.
Rather, just drop problems from you invited guest list.

This site is better for exchanging ideas and discussing common interests. So, I would suggest advertising on another other sites that is a more hard-core “I want sex site”, as suggested in a previous reply. You will definitely attract pervert and those interested in sex only. However, if you pay attention to their website behavior and read their profiles and pass messages before meeting, then, you can weed out many of the perverts and sex only. As previously mentioned, don’t be threatening, just drop rejects from your invited guest list. If they just want sex, they will be happy to move on to other possibilities. Eventually you will meet the man you have been looking for. It can be tough work, but it is worth the effort. (Worked for me.)

JEM

Somehow I doubt the reason we dont get many hits has nothing to do with the fact I say, not looking for hookups one night stands etc, which isnt a threat. I also dont think it would be due to the fact that I used "lol" but thank you anyway :)

jem_is_bi
May 24, 2007, 9:53 AM
Somehow I doubt the reason we dont get many hits has nothing to do with the fact I say, not looking for hookups one night stands etc, which isnt a threat. I also dont think it would be due to the fact that I used "lol" but thank you anyway :)

You do not have an awful ad. I like that you indicate you do not want hookups or one night stands. Basically, I like your ad. I was only referring to the very last sentence of your ad. Even though it’s intent is to discourage people that cause problems in a humorous manner it is still a little threatening.
While I am a poor match for your wish list, if I thought I was a good match for you, the last sentence would have discouraged me from contacting you. Because, reading your ad, I have no way to know if I match your definition of a pervert. I suspect, a large percentage of people consider me and all of us on this site to be perverts. So, I do not know if my own rather fuzzy definition of a pervert matches your definition. Obviously, I do not consider myself to be a pervert; But, maybe you would think I was one.

You asked for comments on your ad, so I am just supplying feedback for your consideration. I hope this clarifies what I was trying to convey.
Just trying to be helpful.

JEM

ukmale32
May 24, 2007, 3:10 PM
I liked your ad. You would be the sort of people I'd like to meet if I lived nearer. Too many single bi men here like me. So I have the same problem with my profile.

bhg08054
May 24, 2007, 3:17 PM
Im starting to wonder if theres something seriously wrong ...
As the saying goes:

Location, location, location!

MI is a bit far from NJ.....

welickit
May 24, 2007, 4:04 PM
Probably nothing at all wrong with your ad. You are just in the wrong forum to find your man. Most of the guys here are cheating husbands or guys just out to get a piece and claiming to be "curious". You have a very small audience here. You don't find candy in a hardware store and you probably won't find your man sitting at a computer. Go where bi guys go and find him. Where you ask? Check out gay pride sites and find local hangouts in your area. Gay pride is GLBT, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender. Seek and you will find. :2cents:

TaylorMade
May 24, 2007, 4:38 PM
Probably nothing at all wrong with your ad. You are just in the wrong forum to find your man. Most of the guys here are cheating husbands or guys just out to get a piece and claiming to be "curious". You have a very small audience here. You don't find candy in a hardware store and you probably won't find your man sitting at a computer. Go where bi guys go and find him. Where you ask? Check out gay pride sites and find local hangouts in your area. Gay pride is GLBT, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender. Seek and you will find. :2cents:

Maybe if you didn't start off with that kind of attitude....

*Taylor*

arana
May 24, 2007, 6:31 PM
Unfortunately this is somewhat true of any site you go to for hook ups. A lot of people looking for the fantasy and messing with others reality.
You didn't tell us which one you were Welickit....

Doggie_Wood
May 24, 2007, 9:14 PM
:2cents: I think your ad is just fine. Straight to the point of who and what type of man you're wanting to establish a connection with. My only suggestion would be to expand the age criteria a little. Of course, that is your call not mine. As with many others, your and my locations don't meet. However, I do occassionally travel to the Detroit area and would like to meet you and your other half. You both look addorable in ypur picture. Love your smile and mysterious eyes behind the shades as well as her freckles. And like you, a beleive that friendship is the blooming flower of any relationship.

Cheers - :doggie:

spartca
May 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
Maybe if you didn't start off with that kind of attitude....

*Taylor*

I think you're both right... probably most of the guys on here *are* closeted and cheating on their wives lol.

AND I think it pays to keep a good attitude that you'll find the guy you're looking for.

So to sum up, like fortune cookie say: "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."

deletetacount123
May 25, 2007, 12:02 AM
I think theres something wrong with my profile too but I don't know what.... everyone I know that I asked to read my profile says it sounds fine.

Maybe its just the people.....
Maybe its just boring and friends are being nice by saying its fine......
Maybe its the location......
Maybe its the deaf factor even tho Im trying not to let it bug me :)
Maybe its just too honest and it scares people off ???
Maybe its just posted in all the wrong sites.....

I shall keep trying...... I do believe good things happen to good people :)

I do believe someones out there.... I just haven't found her yet nor has she found me yet..... perhaps its just not the right time.

It gets fustrating.... my ad is just me :)

TaylorMade
May 25, 2007, 12:24 AM
I think you're both right... probably most of the guys on here *are* closeted and cheating on their wives lol.

AND I think it pays to keep a good attitude that you'll find the guy you're looking for.

So to sum up, like fortune cookie say: "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."

I can live with that, spart. (I am tempted to call you Spartan based on your name... LOL)

Deception is part and parcel of all corners of the web, no matter which flag they fly.

But, I let the small amount of Polyanna behavior I have get a little indulgence on the internet....I know better, but sometimes, I can't help it.

*Taylor*

DiamondDog
May 25, 2007, 2:27 AM
Your ad is good but why not say that you are looking for a boyfriend or someone to date, instead of finding the love of your life right away, and assuming that everything will work out theoretically perfectly between all of you and that you'll all be attracted to each other and love each other equally?

Open relationships work good in theory but are VERY hard, they can be very frustrating for everyone involved, and very challenging in reality.

Many people are wary of entering into one, and don't want one or want to enter into one with a couple especially a married couple or people who've had a relationship for awhile like a decade or more.

At least you wrote what you don't want in your profile.

Good people are out there but it just takes some time and patience to find them!

Just curious why aren't you out, and aren't coming out of the closet if you want a 3 way open relationship? If you have a 3rd person in your open relationship people are going to ask who they are, and how would you introduce this person to people?

I've been on A LOT of dating sites and I've found that people simply don't read profiles and then get all surprised when I tell them I'm not into something and that it's clearly written in my profile that they didn't read.

For example I'm into BDSM and I have it in my profile on various dating sites that while I'm into it I'm NOT into the Mistress/slave, Master/slave, or Sir/boy total power exchange type of BDSM.

I write in my profile that I'm a switch (likes to sub and dom depending on the activity and person I'm with) who leans towards the dominant side but how I'm more into bondage and discipline. I also write that while I'm into these things I'm also perfectly fine with not doing them and having strictly vanilla sex (sex that doesn't involve BDSM or ANY kink whatsoever, at all).

I get dudes thinking that I'm a hardcore Master or Sir when it comes to BDSM and they get mad when they find out I'm not, or I tell them that I'm not and I don't want any slaves and they think that it's a reflection upon them. I just tell them that it's all in my profile that they obviously didn't read.

I actually put this in my profile on here and I'm going to add it to my profile on other sites:

Pushy hardcore bottom/versatile men who are obsessed with anal sex, being fucked, and just want me to fuck them and think of me as a human dildo need not apply. Move on! We're not compatible and I'm not into anal sex or pushy people like you. Likewise the same goes for pushy top men who think that they're going to fuck me with their big cock. It's not gonna happen. So quit wasting my time and yours!