PDA

View Full Version : What do you collect?

FalconAngel
May 22, 2007, 7:28 PM
Since we saw the thread on the action figures, we thought that we would ask to see who collects what around here.

We both collect Disney trading Pins (just started a couple weeks ago and going to our first convention in a few months) and fantasy/fiction artwork.

Chris collects Key Rings as well as Gryphons and Gargoyles.

Eleanor collects Beanie Babies, Figment stuff and Dragons.

TashaSW
May 22, 2007, 7:32 PM
-- Action Figures from She-Ra.
-- Antiques
-- Beanie Bears but depends.

Herbwoman39
May 22, 2007, 8:19 PM
Cool thread!

Ken and I also collect Disney pins and have been for the last 5 months. We're going to the monthly pin trading event at the Contemporary on the 25th. We've become major pin junkies :bigrin:

Ken also collects castles and antique cameras.

Seigun
May 22, 2007, 8:52 PM
I've been collecting folding fans since I was a teenager. :bigrin: One of these days, I'm going to take a nice portrait photo while holding one.

redheadhoneycat
May 22, 2007, 8:54 PM
I love lighthouses. I have pictures and candle holders and little knick knack lighthouses everywhere. Makes me feel close to the beach when I am not. :bibounce:

the mage
May 22, 2007, 9:05 PM
Well its not quite the same but close...
I'm a long time model railroader and have many collectible items

BareHunter45
May 22, 2007, 9:24 PM
I collect writing instruments...pens and pencils. Usually fine pens but matters not...any pen or pencil will do.

scubaman
May 22, 2007, 9:35 PM
I collect sports cards and autographs ect

arana
May 22, 2007, 11:17 PM
Wow, what don't I collect lol. I collect pins & buttons/badges, dragons/fairies/wizards/castles, rubber stamps, Japanese nic naks/toys/antiques, some on vampire and bats, Stephen King/Anne Rice and some Clive Barker books and art work of from friends.

TaylorMade
May 22, 2007, 11:21 PM
I have a collection of superman themed underwear. :)

*Taylor*

DiamondDog
May 23, 2007, 12:17 AM
Coins, stamps, keychains (haven't added to the collection in years), pictures of naked hairy men/men with facial hair (all legal adults), text/information, books (including rare/first editions if they're cheap/affordable), used to trade live music recordings (phish, grateful dead, allman brothers, and other bands. Now I just try to find shows of bands that I've seen when I rarely go to a show), a few autographs, and pieces of leather clothing/jewlery.

12voltman59
May 23, 2007, 12:50 AM
I love Kachina Dolls (Navajo tribal spirit dolls)--I don't have too many but I think they are very cool.

I collect older bottles--mostly cobalt blue ones and those old rounded glass insulators that came off old power poles--I have a slew of those.

I also have a small collection of die cast police cars--models I have include--all Ford Crown Vics/Police Interceptors from The Savannah PD, Florida Highway Patrol and The Georgia State Patrol

I also collect religious icons and crosses--many of both things come from either Mexico or Ireland that I have picked up in both places on trips to those countries---

Solomon
May 23, 2007, 4:30 AM
i'm starting to collect dragons artwork

PolyLoveTriad
May 23, 2007, 4:43 AM
Well its not quite the same but close...
I'm a long time model railroader and have many collectible items

Very cool! My husband and I are also model railroad addicts lol Starts with one train and before ya know it youve got thousands involved. Its a major passion for us.

I collect tons of stuff. Glass trinkets, Frank Frezetta cards, Dc comic cards and Marvel cards, about 50 comics books, including an original #1 Superman in mint condition in the safe deposit box which was my mothers when she was a very young child :) I also collect butterflys (real ones)

Hubby has an extensive coin collection he is constantly working on and Im pretty sure he is tryingto collect every ps2 game ever made lol

Oh, I almost forgot, I collect Homies, you know, those little plastic people you get out of the gumball machines lol Ive got about 60 of them!

If youre gonna do it, do it good!

PolyLoveTriad
May 23, 2007, 4:44 AM
I did forget one thing, cook books. Ive got about 2,000 or more of them :)

happyjoe68
May 23, 2007, 7:31 AM
I collect books. I've over 500, mostly history, politics and warfare from when I was at university. Buying books and reading them became a mania, and I couldnt walk past any bookshop (new or second hand) without going inside. I've calmed down quite a bit, but its still hard to resist the urge. There's just something about second hand bookshops that's quite relaxing.

I collect Sherlock Holmes books, especially the pastiches of Sherlock Holmes stories by authors other than Conan Doyle, as well as "memorabilia" like postcards, stamps, audio books on cassette (anyone remember cassettes?), etc.

I still collect tourist books on Berlin since it keeps me "in touch" with the place where I began to think about my sexuality more clearly. I first went there in 1996 armed with a second hand, 4 year old "Rough Guide" and a 1988 Baedeker complete with large scale map still showing both East and West - it was the most recent street map I could find in the UK before I went! Nevertheless, when I return in August this year I'll have the most recent Rough Guide and Lonely Planet going!

Toad82
May 23, 2007, 7:53 AM
I collect nude art of male and female subjects (painting, drawings, sculptures, etc.) I also collect older leather bound books with gold leaf. I also buy a lot os shotglasses and anything that has to do with "The X-Men."

ForbiddenWindow
May 23, 2007, 8:10 AM
Heh i guess you'd call me a total nerd.

Dungeons and Dragons
Magic The Gathering - Physical cards, as well as online tradeable cards.
Warhammer Fantasy
Warhammer 40k.

Also outside of my nerdy zone.
I collect snowboards, everything from Burton to K2 to Solomon
and skateboards....

As for odds and ends. I collect swoards from renasance fairs.

littlerayofsunshine
May 23, 2007, 8:24 AM
Then I'm going to sound really silly.. I collect old bottles or old medicine storage bottle, ya know the colored glass ones, that would either have a cork or a glass pip in it. I also collect hand painted blue china, but the thing I collect the most of, and actually find theraputic, is strange looking rocks. Seriously, I have a rock bed of rocks I collected from different places around a big maple in my back yard.

darkeyes
May 23, 2007, 8:29 AM
Me teddies..luffs me teds!!!! Mainly Steiff, but 1 or 2 othas.... Hermann Speilwarin an Teddy Herman an 1 me jus adores from wen me wos a babba... me luffly Choonie...tatty old an much luffed an even if is arms an legs fall off he stayin... poor ole bugger bit baldy now but neva part wiv im an is musical box movement still works... "Nutcracker"... an no smart arse comments pleeze!!!! :bigrin:

anne27
May 23, 2007, 8:31 AM
Lobster dishware (plates and bowls and things with lobsters on them), old glass paperweights, some antique glassware, small little animals that come out of Red Rose tea, a few fossils, dollhouses (ok, maybe I don't actually 'collect' them, but I have a dozen or so), and pretty rocks.

Hubby collects license plates and HO scale model trains. He's got 100s of both.

Neat thread! :cool:

darkeyes
May 23, 2007, 8:42 AM
God Anne..not trains..me dad inta them....jeez!!! Big babies wiv their toy trains..tee hee.

Dear Pappa,

The above is a forgery..ya knows me wud neva call ya big babba bout ya choo choos eva... if me gets me hands on whoeva sed it me kis..oops kik em for ya..

That 200 quid still on daddy dearest?? Pweeze??? (flashes big browns)

Your luffly lil babby girl

Fran xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tee hee

Solomon
May 23, 2007, 8:47 AM
Me teddies..luffs me teds!!!! Mainly Steiff, but 1 or 2 othas.... Hermann Speilwarin an Teddy Herman an 1 me jus adores from wen me wos a babba... me luffly Choonie...tatty old an much luffed an even if is arms an legs fall off he stayin... poor ole bugger bit baldy now but neva part wiv im an is musical box movement still works... "Nutcracker"... an no smart arse comments pleeze!!!! :bigrin:

but you're BEGGING for smart arse comments!!! :tong: :bigrin:

just j/king..... flex's son loves the "Nutcracker" too :cool:

hhmmm matter of fact, thanks for reminding me... i love christmas carols, an i dunno why this seems to be but when i'm humming'em things seem to start going my way... it's wierd

ForbiddenWindow
May 23, 2007, 9:51 AM
heh i thought i was gonna get made fun of, i guess i collect the typical anywho. I'm going to award a prize for weirdest collection :)

biwords
May 23, 2007, 10:04 AM
Well, sexually, I'm collecting dust. Does that count?

No? Well, then, how about old photographs (particularly portraits of women and girls, 1850's-1950's, which I hope to use as the basis for a book). Art books. Some coins (late Roman bronzes, 18th century European minors).

Lisa (va)
May 23, 2007, 11:28 AM
For the last couple of years I have been collecting coins (with help from hubby). Actually going to a coin show on the 26th.

Jeff also collects coins, been doing so 30 plus years. He also likes cars, real and diecast (still don't understand the facination of cars running in circles, but the cars are pretty).

Lisa

hugs n kisses

anne27
May 23, 2007, 11:35 AM
God Anne..not trains..me dad inta them....jeez!!! Big babies wiv their toy trains..tee hee....

Yups, he runs little trains down long tracks and in and outta tunnels. Methinks there's something definately sexual somewhere in there. :tong:
I bought him his first train when we were dating, as he told me it as something he'd always wanted, but never had as a child. So, I guess I'm to blame, eh! :rolleyes:

Ah life! It's all about toys ;).

ForbiddenWindow
May 23, 2007, 11:50 AM
Thats all to true anne :)

darkeyes
May 23, 2007, 1:01 PM
Ah life! It's all about toys ;).
Now yas talkin...Roger!!!!! Cum 2 mummy.... tee hee :bigrin:

Fizban
May 23, 2007, 1:27 PM
Don't collect much of anything these days. Had to give them up to raise my children. However, I still have some collections stashed away collecting dust.

I have comics dating from the 1940's through the late 1980's, some sports cards and autographs, as well as science fiction and fantasy books. When my son began playing RPGs, I took a big interest in the Dragonlance series and have several of the novels autographed by the authors.

Basically all I have now is nostalgia of the past.

Johnny Reb
May 23, 2007, 1:29 PM
Alabama Crimson Tide items, t-shirts, posters, game programs, ticket stubs etc....I am a member of the booster club and a season ticket holder

FalconAngel
May 23, 2007, 9:30 PM
Cool thread!

Ken and I also collect Disney pins and have been for the last 5 months. We're going to the monthly pin trading event at the Contemporary on the 25th. We've become major pin junkies :bigrin:

Ken also collects castles and antique cameras.

We are going to be there as well, so drop us an e-mail and we can hook up to hang out together. :bigrin:

12voltman59
May 23, 2007, 9:36 PM
Someone said they collect books--I am guilty of that myself--I cannot bear to part with them even though it has been years since I last read them--I still have some of my college text books on politics, law and psychology.

I also have a slew of books on interior design/decorating, art, faux and decorative painting and many cookbooks---now I am buying photography books too--and I also have a nice collection of books of nudes both male and female---and those include both nude photography and artwork.

darkeyes
May 23, 2007, 9:57 PM
Strictly speakin its not a collection..but wen me wos 8 me granpa gave me me 1st journal...have kept a journal every year eva since full of me lil life... not entries for every day but full of the important events of me life... yea an fore yas ask...names dates places activities an ratins...

For my eyes only 2 me adds here!!! :bigrin:

Herbwoman39
May 23, 2007, 11:03 PM
We are going to be there as well, so drop us an e-mail and we can hook up to hang out together. :bigrin:

Check your PMs! Can't wait to meet you guys!!

mouse46
May 24, 2007, 6:52 AM
:bibounce: Let"s see I have a teapot collection, some antiques. I collect old stamps and I have a library of poets prose ranging from Edgar Allen Poe, Yeats Shakespear, Schiller, Kipling, Robert Browning and my favorite Elizabeth Barrett Browning to name a few.I 'm also always looking for Mice ty's for obvious reason's .LOLI have found 3 so far but I know there is more the older ones are harder to find. :Great Idea for a post" Thanks Micky :bibounce:

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
May 24, 2007, 11:49 AM
I have a rock collection, been carrying them around for years now. ( sucks when I move too ! )
Most of my rocks have come out of the great lakes. Lake Superior, Lake Huron, Lake Michigan. Have found some in several rivers here in michigan. I also have several from Galveston , Tx.

Eventually when i own my home, I'll have a rock garden.

raistkit
May 24, 2007, 2:09 PM
years ago when my mom was clearing out her jewelry box she was going to toss out our baby teeth. i asked for them and she gave them to me. so in the family when a tooth falls out it makes it's way to me. reading this i think i might be in the running for the weirdest.

kit

hudson9
May 24, 2007, 2:19 PM
Beer glasses & mugs (hence the beer-mug icon I favor in chat!). I have logo glasses and glass & ceramic mugs & pewter steins from across the US and Europe -- which I put to regular use!

When it comes to collecting, I say whatever puts a head on your brew is cool.

Azrael
May 24, 2007, 2:23 PM
Let's see, I still have a rubbermaid bin full of legos somewhere. Foreign coins, Vinyl, DVD cartoons (I'm a completionist in this sense), knives/bludgeoning type weapons, quality punk/metal albums(especially rare out of print), import beer caps (yes, I'm a fuckin' dork), hats, that pretty well covers it.

sexybicplinwv
May 24, 2007, 3:04 PM
I like collecting Fairies... And Holly Hobby Stuff.... And The Peanut's Gang... And my Son started buying me The Willow Tree... :female:

oralplus
May 24, 2007, 6:46 PM
Oh MY... Since a kid a collected so many things....stamps,coins,shells,minerals etc.etc. On my adulthood in Autralia ,i collected Aboriginal Art and Papua New Guinea artifacts. This 2 collections nearly all been sold to museums. Still i have some items left,including some other items such,car number plates,bar items and nearly all of the stamps and coins. Ready to clear. Now i prefere to collect new experiences in life ;) .Any one interested in some of the left items???? let me know..

onewhocares
May 24, 2007, 7:10 PM
What a wonderful thread.

I like to collect sets 8 or more of antique glasses- especially colored ones. In addition, I like older sets of china. Silver vanity items, glass cake dishes (I started collecting them way before Martha Stewart made them famous). Actually, anything that makes a spectacular table top. Now called Table Scaping. This happens to tie into my event planning and catering business.

Belle

Remetan
May 24, 2007, 7:31 PM
I collect books and movies. And teapots. And memories, and erotic short stories.

Wow, that's kind of an odd mishmash of stuff.

oralplus
May 24, 2007, 9:08 PM
Books...I dont consider them a "collection' to me allways has been a source of information,enlightement and so for. I do have a large "collection " of books,but that is one thing that i cant do, is diposse of them. That is why i have sooooooooo many of them. From anything to enything, and yes i have read them all. I am more than happy to source any item for any of you ,from here in Australia.

ladydelanie
May 24, 2007, 9:32 PM
Great Thread!!....... :)
Here goes.....

Murano Glass from Italy
Crystal from Germany....Antique and New
Fiesta Ware
Nambe
Antique Teapots and Tea Cups
Parfume Bottles.....Crystal ones
Angel Figurines
Fenton Glass
Antique Bottles
Steiff Stuffed Animals....
Books

And my husband is guilty of having a very expensive hobby of collecting Marklin Model Trains.......HO series......we have one room dedicated to his hobby.....lol......he has been collecting them since he was 2 yrs old....Tracks, tunnels the whole bit! :eek:
He has them running via his computer and alot of other high tech stuff.....

I have so many things from all over the world I try not to go to crazy buying things when we travel anymore......

Ladyd :)

ForbiddenWindow
May 25, 2007, 1:18 PM
heh so far, taylor made has the oddest collection....

Superman undies? are they man panties? lol *grins*

seafer
May 25, 2007, 2:26 PM
I collect Eeyore and my hubby collects Coke a Cola stuff.

I have over 50 different stuffed Eeyore animals and also pens and plates and clothing, like sweet shirts.. lots and lots..

my hubby has anything to bottles to matchbox cars to figurines and glasses and mugs to clothing to towels..

my daughtes have about a bigillion stuffed animals.. LOL seriously, the really do.. LOL

Lorrie
Jul 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
Bookmarks and costume jewelry bracelets.

gb11vt18
Jul 21, 2007, 10:33 PM
Baseball cards, Football cards, Basketball Cards, James Bond Movies, and James Bond novels.

redheadhoneycat
Jul 21, 2007, 11:05 PM
Lighthouses.......I love lighthouses. I have them all over the house and pictures of them everywhere...... :)....and old fashion signs in the kitchen like coke and sun maid raisins and such...... :) I think they are neat-o

JoyJoyHollywood
Jul 21, 2007, 11:19 PM
I'm a rock hound. I have been since I was eight. I also have an obsession with collecting any standard playing cards that I find on the street or sidewalk. I can't not pick them up or throw them away. Ever. Like a vampire with seeds. My mother collects fountain pens. Hercule collects enemies and nemeses. Zeus collects astounded looks.

tony455
Jul 21, 2007, 11:21 PM
tea kettles and corkscrews

IrishSkittles
Jul 22, 2007, 12:31 AM
Collectively, we have a spectular collection! :bigrin:

I collect old books that have caused some sort of societal ruckus. I also collect skulls. So far I have a deer, raccoon, and fox. I just found a complete but not-so-intact skeleton of a deer that I'd like to reassemble. It'd be like having a small dinosaur in the house lol[object Object]

mouse46
Jul 22, 2007, 8:20 PM
:flag4:
:bibounce: Let"s see I have a teapot collection, some antiques. I collect old stamps and I have a library of poets prose ranging from Edgar Allen Poe, Yeats Shakespear, Schiller, Kipling, Robert Browning and my favorite Elizabeth Barrett Browning to name a few.I 'm also always looking for Mice ty's for obvious reason's .LOLI have found 3 so far but I know there is more the older ones are harder to find. :Great Idea for a post" Thanks Micky :bibounce:I want to add Hubby collects wagner cast iron pans, old utensils(not sure how old some are)vases(hoosier), different sizes and patterns(also clear and green glass)and old bottles.He made a special cabinet for the pans and utensils to display them. :bigrin:

Ally Kat
Jul 22, 2007, 8:34 PM
anything shaped like or with a picture of a beagle on it, though not sure if I'd want to keep those around after the live one here is gone....oh and Ole Miss stuff, and history books of course

AdamKadmon43
Jul 23, 2007, 12:10 AM
I collect little articles about what people collect.

Adam

mistymockingbird
Jul 23, 2007, 12:51 AM
Art-mostly paintings, some drawings, a sculpture or two. Picked up in Paris, Amsterdam, Italy, London, Germany, Africa, and the US. Vintage posters when I find one that strikes my fancy.

Vintage Sheet Music-I've been prowling antique stores since I was in jr high. (so most of my furniture is antique as well but I don't consider it a collection) I love to dig through piles of old sheet music and find songs I know or songs that have cool cover art.

Ceramics-Pitchers, bowls, vases, and plates. Most of my stuff comes from Poland, France, or Italy. Things I've picked up on travels. I have a handful of pieces that were made for me by an artist friend.

Serving dishes-Again with the antiques. I love to entertain so I'm always on the look out for unique pieces. Cake stands, deviled egg trays for every occasion, stemware of all variety, platters, candy dishes, relish trays. Mostly pieces in silver or crystal.

To continue the antique theme, I love to pick up great jewelry. It started with a bunch of stuff I inherited from my grandmother. Fabulous earrings and necklaces and bracelets. I have frequent occasion to wear black tie and I'd much rather wear something fabulous with some history to it than something I just picked up brand new.

I'm also tripping over more books and cds than I know what to do with.

Oh Yeah
Jul 23, 2007, 1:52 AM
I love collecting books. Especially old ones. Any time I see a bookstore, I have to go in!

I also love collecting CD's!

FerociousFeline
Jul 23, 2007, 2:34 AM
OH wow. this is so cool. what better way to show your interests than to bring light to what shiney baubles attract and distract us eh?

I have several collections. I collect music, books, movies, and pictures but the bulk of my collection these days is my games. I've been collecting console videogame systems since the start. I eventually wound up with them coming out my ears so I had to get rid of several generations worth. Now, I decided to collect based on artistic relevance. I enjoy video/computer games which are unusual, rare, or represent an unusal path of creativity in the industry. What? What was the best system ever you ask? Sega's DreamCast.

FF

Mrs.F
Jul 23, 2007, 10:11 AM
I collect Dreamcicle figurenes. I have several but never enough.

Also I have quite the collection of Longaberger Pottery. When my husband and I married we got several place setting and almost every dish they made. I know if I were to sell them I would make a butt load of money but I think I will hang on to them.

Flounder (my husband) collects beer bottles from other countries. We have a bar here that has these World Beer Tours and he has tried many, many beers and then keeps the bottles.

TrimBeardHairyBod
Jul 23, 2007, 10:53 AM
I collect people.

Well, to be more specific, references to people who have either my surname or my mother's maiden name. This is called a One-Name Study, the aim of which is to trace every bearer of the name who ever lived and link them all into one big family tree. For obvious reasons, it's only a practical proposition if the surname is rare!

ambiSextrous
Jul 23, 2007, 6:18 PM
I collect chrome trailer hitches...to practice on... :tongue:

texasman6172003
Jul 23, 2007, 7:44 PM
Hi y'all.. Well the main thing i collect are Star Trek collectible item's. Such as Plates ,Cups,Pins,Model's etc.. I love the older Star Trek Show that ran in the 60's. I also collect The Rocky Boxing movie's. Ok there i said it,lol. Alsolove collecting DVD'S of the Show MASH.. Also sveral other shows i collect also. I also cllect cookbooks too!! No certain kinds i will collect any cookbook, :bigrin: .Well that's basically it,this was a neat thread!!

AdamKadmon43
Jul 23, 2007, 10:42 PM
I collect chrome trailer hitches...to practice on... :tongue:
I have just decided to take up collecting people who collect chrome trailer hitches.

Woo Hoo...... I'll just bet that you could wear the chrome right off off that thing.

Adam

Skater Boy
Aug 7, 2007, 12:15 AM
I just remembered that I collect cat's whiskers. MY cat's whiskers, that is. They are super-rare though, because cats don't shed their whiskers very often, they only fall out very occasionally. BUT, over that last 3 or 4 years, I've amassed a collection of approximately 15 whiskers, which I have to admit, I'm kinda proud of. I am planning to think of a good use for them... maybe when I've got enough, I can make a paintbrush or shaving bush with them (not *totally* insane, because SQUIRREL fur is already used for some fine paintbrushes, and BADGER hair for shaving brushes).

Ya... and PULLING them out is CHEATING... not to mention cruel. No, you gotta search under cushions, on "The Chair" and in her basket, etc.

Let me know if any of you guys think of any cool uses for the whiskers! :)

Dagni
Aug 7, 2007, 2:50 PM
Sport cars...mostly. Since the last year i even owned a most expansive and fastest car on this planet McLaren F1 GTR V12 Turbo, but since i'm not with McLaren anymore i i refuse to collect any McLarens or Mercedes cars.

But the most precious in my collection is Renault Megane RS 27 V8.

Well yes, i collect some music instruments, a lots of guitars, microphones, drums, many things.

Skater Boy
Aug 7, 2007, 6:11 PM
Sport cars...mostly. Since the last year i even owned a most expansive and fastest car on this planet McLaren F1 GTR V12 Turbo, but since i'm not with McLaren anymore i i refuse to collect any McLarens or Mercedes cars.

But the most precious in my collection is Renault Megane RS 27 V8.

Well yes, i collect some music instruments, a lots of guitars, microphones, drums, many things.

LOL, surely you are taking the piss Dagni! A Maclaren F1 GTR??? They are £750,000. Only a limited number were ever made, and they are no longer in production. So you really own one of these?:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/JBASHORUN/maclaren.jpg

I used to have a scale model of this car on my glass coffee-table in front of the technics stereo btw.

If its true, I will have a sex-change operation and travel to Scandinavia to become your new lesbian lover. Maybe then I will get to drive in this supercar?

Dagni
Aug 7, 2007, 9:33 PM
LOL, surely you are taking the piss Dagni! A Maclaren F1 GTR??? They are £750,000. Only a limited number were ever made, and they are no longer in production. So you really own one of these?:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/JBASHORUN/maclaren.jpg

I used to have a scale model of this car on my glass coffee-table in front of the technics stereo btw.

If its true, I will have a sex-change operation and travel to Scandinavia to become your new lesbian lover. Maybe then I will get to drive in this supercar?

Like i said, i owned McLaren F1 GTR V12 Turbo, since i worked in McLaren for years, and i could afford that car, but i like i said, i owned that car, i sold it and i don't wanna deal with McLaren anymore. The car were fantastic to drive in Anderstorp circuit in Sweden and in Zandvoort in Holland, but for sure it's not for driving it on the streets, that's funny and ridicilous.
I simply sold it when i broke my concract with McLaren so i don't owon neither McLaren neither Mercedes cars.
This may look like missunderstanding, but i'm not that glamorous to collect and keep such expansive cars for years. It's not in my mentality.

So, i don't need any lesbian lover for that reason. Nothing to talk about that.

Fresia
Apr 11, 2015, 8:41 AM
Pez dispensers

charles-smythe
Apr 11, 2015, 12:22 PM
Since we saw the thread on the action figures, we thought that we would ask to see who collects what around here.

We both collect Disney trading Pins (just started a couple weeks ago and going to our first convention in a few months) and fantasy/fiction artwork.

Chris collects Key Rings as well as Gryphons and Gargoyles.

Eleanor collects Beanie Babies, Figment stuff and Dragons....nothing anymore...but...when I was younger...coins...swords...toy Chevrolets...Single action Colt .44...coke stuff..

centillini
Apr 13, 2015, 2:37 PM
For me shemale pics, firearms

Browne
Apr 13, 2015, 3:11 PM
I collect baseball cards, although I have not been an active collector for some years now. I have about 1/2 a million individual cards. The moving guys love that part. : )

------

Tim56Mn
Apr 14, 2015, 7:13 AM
electric trains HO o27 Lionel, MARX American flyer HO Lionel 5757

Biboz49
Apr 14, 2015, 7:36 AM
Electric guitars: strats, les paul, es-175. Currently looking for a reissue or Mexican '72 telecaster thinline wide-range humbucker.

Melody Dean
Apr 14, 2015, 10:04 AM
Cheap sunglasses.

tenni
Apr 14, 2015, 10:32 AM
Televisions, digital photo frames, dvd players...work related. I'm a video artist.

Tim56Mn
Nov 7, 2015, 4:23 PM
I like that running with his computer I bet that is interesting ( am just learning to use my computer
I just have my trains on a 19ft long and 5 foot wide wife said how is she suppose get around it I said if you are careful you can then I said (I love you to her) she said ok

pepperjack
Nov 7, 2015, 7:17 PM
Experience.

pole_smoker
Nov 7, 2015, 9:02 PM
Lots of things. For decades I collected live music of concerts I had been to, and I never paid a lot of money for any of them even the soundboard recordings but I prefer an excellent audience recording/matrix at times for various reasons.

darkeyes
Nov 8, 2015, 6:37 AM
...folk music recordings and sheet music... Scottish, Irish, English and American principally....

SC24FUN
Nov 8, 2015, 7:13 AM
Guess we collect lots of different stuff. Camping things, we have 4 camping stoves, 4 tents and a bunch of things you need to camp. Porn, nudes and sexy lingerie lots fo that both from the net and our own. Firearms. Old beer botles.

We do have a pretty good collect of shot glasses. They are cheap and travel well on a motorcycle.

Wish we had the $$ to collect motorcycles.

itsnormy
Nov 8, 2015, 10:28 AM
I collect police patches. Have 3 huge volumes from traveling the US driving tour bus....always had a supply of SLCPD patches to trade. Also mini police badges and secret service mini badges from their various offices around the USA.

Neonaught
Nov 8, 2015, 10:48 AM
I collect and study ancient weapons, mostly swords, daggers and polearms.

Realist
Nov 8, 2015, 10:51 AM
Whoa, this began a long time ago!

I collect memories, friends, stories, any useful vehicle part, music of the '50s,'60s,'70s, and photos of people who appeal to me.

The Galion
Nov 8, 2015, 9:53 PM
HO trains, old machines, bad advice, experience, good advice, a little human love when I can find it and hopefully the respect of the people I deal with. :-)

void()
Nov 9, 2015, 3:44 AM
Collected comic books for a while. No longer do, imho the over all quality of the newer ones dropped off.
Presently looking to sell a small collection that was roughly $2/3.000 in value about 15 years ago. I would
need it independently appraised now. Not got there yet.

Collect experiences, now. Also been building a library as life goes on.

darkeyes
Nov 9, 2015, 4:33 AM
HO trains, old machines...
Me l8 dad did 2... Some H0.. foreign mostly but British 00 gauge toy chuffers in the main and thousands of quids worth built up over a lifetime. Steamies principally, but no glass case display.. he ran his on the bloody gr8 layout up in attic he had spent near 35 years building.. mum keeps saying she should break it up and sell it but just cant bring herself to do so. It was just so much of pop.... there are many proprietry locos and rolling stock, several dozen kits he built as well as 14 scratch built steamies..

Is sad that me brother isnt interested tho his boys show signs ... is the only time ne thing gets run now is when it is run for them but it is a tadge too sophisticated for a couple of lads one not long in school and the other a couple of years to go.. sad.. as is the half finished kit lying on his workbench and the kit I bought him for the xmas following his untimely death. My dad and his trains... still brings a tear 2 me eyes...

...as does every time I go up north .... wasnt maybe collecting old machines but this he luffed even more than even those toy trains of his and was up there every chance he got....they r old machines after all... whenever I hear the whistle toot from our cottage or it tugs at the heartstrings knowing pop isnt around getting mucky... http://www.strathspeyrailway.co.uk

U set me off wiv a dose of the blubs u bugger... but in a nice way:)

cuttin2dachase
Nov 9, 2015, 4:29 PM
I love watching the British Antique Roadshow series and and other such shows. I suppose if I had the time, room and $$$s to collect things, I would choose some sort of pre-1900s small sized British antique/oddity items ie. snuffboxes, bottles, cameos or the like.

I haven't collected anything since I was a kid and teenager. I had 10 or 12 shoeboxes full of baseball cards covering about 10 years. I stopped collecting them in high school and put them aside as kid stuff. If I had known anything about collectibles and that many of those cards would become valuable someday, I would have held onto them. You know the cliche about hindsight being 20/20 LOL. Instead, I gave them away to my young cousins, who were both into collecting cards. Although I myself haven't been a collector since then, I collected on behalf of my 1st wife and our daughter. My wife collected shot glasses with place names, bar names or odd designs on them. I travelled frequently in my job and always brought back one or more of them to add to her collection. My daughter collected Beanie Babies, so I also never returned home without buying one or more for her. I had to keep track of their collected item inventories to avoid buying duplicates of items they already had LOL.

darkeyes
Nov 9, 2015, 5:43 PM
I love watching the British Antique Roadshow series and and other such shows. I suppose if I had the time, room and $$$s to collect things, I would choose some sort of pre-1900s small sized British antique/oddity items ie. snuffboxes, bottles, cameos or the like.

I haven't collected anything since I was a kid and teenager. I had 10 or 12 shoeboxes full of baseball cards covering about 10 years. I stopped collecting them in high school and put them aside as kid stuff. If I had known anything about collectibles and that many of those cards would become valuable someday, I would have held onto them. You know the cliche about hindsight being 20/20 LOL. Instead, I gave them away to my young cousins, who were both into collecting cards. Although I myself haven't been a collector since then, I collected on behalf of my 1st wife and our daughter. My wife collected shot glasses with place names, bar names or odd designs on them. I travelled frequently in my job and always brought back one or more of them to add to her collection. My daughter collected Beanie Babies, so I also never returned home without buying one or more for her. I had to keep track of their collected item inventories to avoid buying duplicates of items they already had LOL.Personally, I would be happy wiv a collection of nites wiv the Roadshow's Fiona Bruce.. :impleased:tongue:

I also have me collection of Steiff bears.. 1 for each year since I was born and a few others beside... and I luff it dearly and it still gets added to but I didn't start... and in last 10 years our girls have had ther own collection started...the new babba has her first 3 since me mum and big sister also bought her teddies for entering the world... not original really, but hey, every babba luffs her teddies:impleased.

cuttin2dachase
Nov 9, 2015, 6:05 PM
Oh yeah darkeyes ! I am definitely with you on Fiona Bruce. She is one of the most graceful, beautiful and sexiest over-50 women in the world !

pepperjack
Nov 9, 2015, 8:04 PM
I've got a stack of Playboy mags going back quite a ways & their condition ranges from good to excellent. They just kind of stayed & followed me & at some point I realized they might have collectible value. For instance, I have a 1985 issue featuring a Madonna cover & nude pictorial which also happens to be their last stapled issue. The remaining issues all feature celebrity covers & pictorials ( e.g. La Toya Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith after her $ 450 mil victory, etc. ). I've done some online research & discovered they are now valued considerably above their original purchase price. I made an effort to sell them once but that was during the depths of what is now being dubbed as The Great Recession. My hopes were reignited last month when Playboy announced a major policy shift that it would no longer feature nudity in its magazines.

mnTIMIDguy
Nov 9, 2015, 9:41 PM
Dust bunnies. I keep them under my bed and couch. :rolleyes:

Besides that, some vintage hifi gear. Ebay and late night drowsiness are a bad combination.

skynrbck
Nov 9, 2015, 11:14 PM
I collect Metal Lunch Boxes

Loki1
Nov 10, 2015, 8:18 PM
Used to be firearms, now live in a country that I can't.

Now its' quad / hexacopters. Addicting hobbies.........LOL