PDA

View Full Version : Bi Pack trip to Colorado!

Tulsatomcat
May 21, 2007, 10:27 AM
Hi All! For years I have had a dream to get a group of bi people together for a pack trip to a wilderness area in Colorado. In the 80's I belong to a couple of swingers groups in Denver and got pretty close...one thing and another couldn't pull it off.
Hope springs eternal in the hearts of fools I guess, still trying.
The basic plan would be to go in September. The weather as a rule is calm and warm in the day,70's, to cool at night, low to mid 30's. The destination would be a reasonably accaesble lake. No more than two days trial time. Total trip time 7 days.Rather than trying to carry our supplies we would rent pack animals, horses or lamas, you would only carry a day pack with the basics for daily needs. Poncho or rain suit, snacks, drinks, extra clothes, camera.
I have 30 yrs. experience backpacking in the Rockies. From Southern Colorado up the the Canadian border in Idaho. For what it's worth I have never been lost in the mountains, lost a partner nor has anyone ever been injured. If anyone going has more experience and is willing they can be the guide.
Anyone who has any quality outdoor equipment that they would be willing to lend, sleeping bags,(rated for 20 degrees) or tents in would be apperciated.
That is the basic propasition. Getting something like this together is not easy but with a bit of stickwithitaness and a little skull sweat I think it's a doer.
So, who drops their pants and shows thier hair first???