PDA

View Full Version : Today I learned a childhood friend of mine I liked is dead :(

deletetacount123
May 12, 2007, 8:41 PM
It was back in the 1980s... I was in grade 4, there was this bubbly girl whom everyone loved. She was so nice, made it a point to talk to each and everyone at the school.
She had cancer and was known for her "shiny head" as she called it. She never seemed sad or grumpy. She was there to put a happy face even if you were grumpy and didn't want to be happy. You couldn;t help but smile if she caught your eye.

To this day I had never forgot about her and often wondered what she was doing right now even tho I was aware she may not be alive knowing she had cancer. But still... the last image I saw her of is fresh in my mind.

I found a old friend of mine on Facebook. Asked him about her and he gave me the sad news :(
She had passed away from cancer a year or 2 after I had moved away.

I know she has been in a much better place now and knowing her, its a BIG NO NO to feel sad......... but I feel sad anyway. The world had lost a great gal who had a great personailly. Even tho this was the late or early 80s/90s.
I will always remember her :) Cause she was one of my best friends :)

It seems weird tho when someone you know is dead. Yes other people I knew have died to but still..... she was only a year younger than me. I have never known someone around my age that had died :(

Tasha
RIP Brooke...

Doggie_Wood
May 12, 2007, 10:07 PM
... the last image I saw her of is fresh in my mind.

RIP Brooke...

My heart is with you Tasha.
I feel that the last image that one holds in their memory, of someone dear that has passed, that is just the way that person should be remembered.
And I am sure that Brooke is looking down upon you with smiles of joy.

:doggie:

Solomon
May 13, 2007, 4:43 AM
flex and i send our sympathies.... i remember what it was like to have a classmate of mine die when we were all still in school, it's definately a wake up call to just how short life really is even if we're 100

100 years... just a speck of a speck of a speck of time :(

onewhocares
May 13, 2007, 11:17 AM
Tasha,
I want to add my deepest thought of joy that go out to you at this time of sorrow. I say joy rather than sorrow as that is what she brought into your life. It is the way you will always remember her in your heart.

Belle

lilbitsva
May 13, 2007, 12:00 PM
I'm really sorry for your lost tasha. If you need anything just let me know. I just had one of my classmates pass in march of this year in a car accident it was bad. i hope that you are doing well today. If you need anyone to talk to or anything i'm open just send me a email. I will talk to you later lil bit

miller lite man
May 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
It was back in the 1980s... I was in grade 4, there was this bubbly girl whom everyone loved. She was so nice, made it a point to talk to each and everyone at the school.
She had cancer and was known for her "shiny head" as she called it. She never seemed sad or grumpy. She was there to put a happy face even if you were grumpy and didn't want to be happy. You couldn;t help but smile if she caught your eye.

To this day I had never forgot about her and often wondered what she was doing right now even tho I was aware she may not be alive knowing she had cancer. But still... the last image I saw her of is fresh in my mind.

I found a old friend of mine on Facebook. Asked him about her and he gave me the sad news :(
She had passed away from cancer a year or 2 after I had moved away.

I know she has been in a much better place now and knowing her, its a BIG NO NO to feel sad......... but I feel sad anyway. The world had lost a great gal who had a great personailly. Even tho this was the late or early 80s/90s.
I will always remember her :) Cause she was one of my best friends :)

It seems weird tho when someone you know is dead. Yes other people I knew have died to but still..... she was only a year younger than me. I have never known someone around my age that had died :(

Tasha
RIP Brooke...
Tasha
My sympathies to you, my dear friend. Yes, it does hurt to lose a friend, even if you know their dying is unavoidable, for health reasons.A few months ago, I went to a funeral for my old boss,who was younger than me, and he died from the damn cancer. He was always nice to me,and it really hit me hard/ hurt when he died.
Craig
RIP, Doug.