PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could do more for her :(

Gracy
May 11, 2007, 2:01 AM
I have a friend that I met online. We used to talk quite often, but haven't talked much in the last year, due to our schedules not matching up, but she called me yesterday. It was late and the two of us probably should have been in bed. She called me because apparently her girlfriend has been around her ex a lot lately and has feelings for him. She doesn't know what to do and is rather stressed about the issue. all of my relationship history has been fairly simple and I had no idea what to tell her and I told her that. Then I thought for a second and realized that it isn't something that SHE needs to be doing; it's something her girlfriend needs to be doing. Her girlfriend needs to choose between her and her ex and if she chooses to stay with her, it's up to my friend, from there, to decide whether or not to accept her girlfriend and the feelings she has. I told her this and she said that it was the best thing anyone could say to her, but I am just worried about her and wish I could comfort her in person.

BreeIsMe
May 11, 2007, 4:11 AM
If I were you, I would call her back in a day or so and let her know how your feel. Suggest that you get together (is that possible?) and help comfort her.
I think it will be great for both of you to reconnect.

Gracy
May 11, 2007, 10:04 AM
We can't get together. She lives in Indiana and I live in Oregon. I was, however, thinking about waiting a while and then calling her to ask how she's doing.

Gracy
May 12, 2007, 5:53 PM
I ended up calling her today and I guess things haven't been any better lately.