PDA

View Full Version : O/T Im cursed with Sore Thorats :(

deletetacount123
May 10, 2007, 2:19 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
I am getting ANOTHER sore thorat!! And I just got over one 2 weeks ago!
and I had the sore thorat 2 other times before the one 2 weeks ago.

Is it normal to be getting the sore thorat again so quickly??

The glands are feeling swollen.... when I swallow, it feels like somethings in there. (kinda like if a piece of food got stuck but theres NO food).

First let me say I DO NOT SMOKE. ewww nasty. (beside for someone with a history of asthma, it would be a stupid idea to start.)

I wash my hands daily... where I work, thet have a Hand Sanitizer under the till and I use that after Im done scanning each customer's groceries.
So why am Im about to get another sore thorat again? Im tired of it! :)

*sighs* My little whine :)

Tasha

Tulsatomcat
May 10, 2007, 6:13 AM
Hi Tasha, Sounds kinda like you might have strep throat. Time to see the doctor!

sexybicplinwv
May 10, 2007, 8:00 AM
So!!! Tasha I sure do hopeyour feeling better today :color: Try to drink a lot of hot Tea with some honey in it :) :female:

DiamondDog
May 10, 2007, 8:45 AM
Tasha,
I've gotten sore throats a lot this year too. Sometimes it's from allergies or a few weeks ago I was sick and it went into bronchitis.

I'm feeling a lot better now I went to the doctor and it's something that's just going around here. I just drink lots of water, ginger ale mixed with juice, and hot tea helps. Like green tea, herbal tea, or lemon flavored tea with ginger.

hope you feel better soon!

lickitall
May 10, 2007, 9:07 AM
I would take a guess that you are developing some allergies. All kinds of things growing now. I get sore throat pain from allergens this time of year.

littlerayofsunshine
May 10, 2007, 10:03 AM
Age old remedy my father always told us to do is, gargling with warm salt water. Eases the discomfort a bit and also washes out nasty secretions.

One thing I do, is drink Grapefruit juice and eat grapefruit when I am sick, I feel better usually the next day. And lots of hot tea.

Of course, grapefruit can interfer with some medications. So if on any, check with a health provider.

I also recently found out that Cranberry juice can interfer with the elimination of medication from the body.. I just thought I would throw that tidbit in there too.

12voltman59
May 10, 2007, 10:30 AM
Do you still have your tonsils, Tasha???

If you do--they can be getting kind of gunky--I had mine taken out as a kid and before I did--I had sore throats all the time--once they were removed--I was fine till later in life when I had a major sinus infection that came to a boil after many years of suffering with that to one degree or another---and if your tonsils are out-then maybe you do have a bad sinus system infection---I was sure as hell miserable with that--and after my third bout of pneumonia in about a year and a half--I got treatment and a major surgery to do whatever the doctor did to my sinuses...

arana
May 10, 2007, 3:22 PM
Age old remedy my father always told us to do is, gargling with warm salt water. Eases the discomfort a bit and also washes out nasty secretions.

One thing I do, is drink Grapefruit juice and eat grapefruit when I am sick, I feel better usually the next day. And lots of hot tea.

Of course, grapefruit can interfer with some medications. So if on any, check with a health provider.

I also recently found out that Cranberry juice can interfer with the elimination of medication from the body.. I just thought I would throw that tidbit in there too.
The warm salt water does wonders for a sore throat. I still have my tonsils and developed some allergies with the new things that have popped into the air so I gargle and drink warm beverages that soothe the throat. I use to eat grapefruit a lot but as ray mentioned, had to stop because of some medications I'm on. So much for the tree in the backyard. :(

Fire Lotus
May 10, 2007, 3:39 PM
Do you still have your tonsils, Tasha???

If you do--they can be getting kind of gunky--I had mine taken out as a kid and before I did--I had sore throats all the time--once they were removed--I was fine till later in life when I had a major sinus infection that came to a boil after many years of suffering with that to one degree or another---and if your tonsils are out-then maybe you do have a bad sinus system infection---I was sure as hell miserable with that--and after my third bout of pneumonia in about a year and a half--I got treatment and a major surgery to do whatever the doctor did to my sinuses...

I second this. If you do still have your tonsils, could be time to have them taken out.

littlerayofsunshine
May 10, 2007, 4:46 PM
I use to eat grapefruit a lot but as ray mentioned, had to stop because of some medications I'm on. So much for the tree in the backyard. :(

That's so sad arana. I will admit I am a little jealous that you have a tree, I spent nearly 5 dollars for a carton of grapefruit juice, and around a dollar each for 2 grapefruit last night.