PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with winnipeg

confusedandcute
Sep 24, 2005, 4:22 AM
what is up with this? There is only one other profile on this site from winnipeg and they are a couple 42 and 47. Sorry, not what I'm looking for. How can I find someone close to home that is interested in the same things as me. I'm not a club girl. Are there other sites similar to this one? I tried one other one but I got booted off because I'm married. This sucks. I'll never find anyone. :(

Brian
Sep 24, 2005, 11:23 AM
Hi C&C,

This site is still fairly new, only 8 months old, so it will take time for the number of personal ads to grow. What you will find is that there are a lot of "lurkers" - these are people in your area who want to meet, but don't want to place an ad themselves. But they DO reply to ads. So you have done the best thing, you have placed an ad and it is a quality one. You WILL get replies. But you just joined today, so it will take a bit of time.

And it will only get better as the site grows. I was looking at the stats last night, and we have 50% more people logging in today than just 3 months ago - the growth is steady. And I plan a major advertising campaign for the winter - yahoo, more people to play with!

- Drew :paw:

ps. I love Winnipeg!

confusedandcute
Sep 24, 2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks Drew

You're encouraging words are just what I needed. :)

arana
Sep 24, 2005, 7:58 PM
I hope you won't give up with the site and keep checking in with it. Maybe someone that travels or lives close by will pop up as well. You should come to chat and meet people. Best of luck to you!

Hugs,
Arana :tong:

Bi-ten
Sep 24, 2005, 11:52 PM
Welcome confusedandcute,

Wish I was younger, a woman, and living in Winnipeg dear...but the best I can offer is a smile and a chat if you need one.

I hope you find what your looking for:)

confusedandcute
Sep 25, 2005, 4:17 PM
I hope you won't give up with the site and keep checking in with it.

I don't think I'll ever give up with this site. Even if at this second I haven't met someone from wpg doesn't mean I never will, and anyways, in just the last fews days since I became a member I can already tell that I can at least make a lot of on-line friends.

Everybody seems to actually care what people have to say and because I don't really have anyone to talk to, because I'm still closeted, it's nice to know I can come here.

I love you all already!!! :kiss:

arana
Sep 25, 2005, 5:55 PM
That's great to hear confusedandcute! I always feel bad when anyone is not having the best time here. Again, good luck to you!

Arana :tong:

eggplant
Dec 4, 2006, 1:23 AM
Hello. I'm in Winnipeg!! yee-haw!