PDA

View Full Version : Flirting lessons

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 9:14 PM
Okay, I have something to admit and I feel silly and awkward because of it. But I think I could use some help.

The last time I actually flirted with someone in person was in college. I've been married or dating online for 21 years so I have, in my opinion, generally lost my flirting skills...not that I was that great to begin with.

I remember about eye contact, smiling, hair tossing or playing and touching briefly but I've lost all ability to create innuendo and any other ways of flirting. Also, how much innuendo is good and when does it become creepy?

I understand that the best thing I can do is to be myself. I could just use some other tools in my tool box.

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 9:19 PM
Well, if I see someones picture and I like it, I always say she looks pretty in it...
Whenever she thinks so or not. lol
I think every girl likes to be told that..... its not creepy, it makes some feel better about themselfs.

I smile and make eye contact too. Sometimes wave at them.

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 9:22 PM
Hmmm... I never really considered that to be flirting, just giving honest compliments. Like if someone is wearing a cute outfit/shoes/bag, etc I'll tell her as much.

IS it flirting?

the sacred night
May 1, 2007, 9:24 PM
I have just recently really discovered flirting as well, because I just got out of a 2 and a half year relationship and never really had the confidence to flirt before that. I generally just look at the person a lot and try to let my hands linger a little longer than necessary when I hand them something, and if it's someone I'm comfortable with I make jokes, like when a bi female friend splashed me accidentally I said "You're making me wet." Mostly I just try to make sure the person catches me looking, and they know what I'm after.

How much innuendo is too much depends on how well you know the person and how positively they're responding, but I'd say for someone you never met before, just a touch is plenty unless they really look like they're into you.

TaylorMade
May 1, 2007, 9:26 PM
Okay, I have something to admit and I feel silly and awkward because of it. But I think I could use some help.

The last time I actually flirted with someone in person was in college. I've been married or dating online for 21 years so I have, in my opinion, generally lost my flirting skills...not that I was that great to begin with.

I remember about eye contact, smiling, hair tossing or playing and touching briefly but I've lost all ability to create innuendo and any other ways of flirting. Also, how much innuendo is good and when does it become creepy?

I understand that the best thing I can do is to be myself. I could just use some other tools in my tool box.

In person? I admit I can open the door , but not seal the deal. I can create innuendo and tension, but for me, it's going from that to the number.

Wait are we talking about flirtingwith women?

Because I have no game with women. I have all kinds of game with men. Stupid amount of game...but... no game with the ladies.

*Taylor*

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 9:34 PM
I have just recently really discovered flirting as well, because I just got out of a 2 and a half year relationship and never really had the confidence to flirt before that. I generally just look at the person a lot and try to let my hands linger a little longer than necessary when I hand them something, and if it's someone I'm comfortable with I make jokes, like when a bi female friend splashed me accidentally I said "You're making me wet." Mostly I just try to make sure the person catches me looking, and they know what I'm after.

How much innuendo is too much depends on how well you know the person and how positively they're responding, but I'd say for someone you never met before, just a touch is plenty unless they really look like they're into you.

Ya I agree... I think its all mostly how well you know that person.....
You get to know them then you kinda know whats ok and not to say to them lol if its someone you just met you DO have to be careful or you'll scare them off.

Ya, pictures everyone likes it when you say they look pretty in it so it is hard to tell. But sometimes it depends how you say it maybe??
Maybe online you can easily not see the tone.... but in person it could be different since you can hear the tone??

I wanna be seduced by my first woman hehehe

Tasha

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 9:36 PM
Wait are we talking about flirtingwith women?

Because I have no game with women. I have all kinds of game with men. Stupid amount of game...but... no game with the ladies. *Taylor*

Yeah, most men are easy. Show a little boobie give em a wink and they're hooked.

Women, however, seemto be different animals.

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 9:42 PM
Could practice here....hehehehe! :bigrin:

In person, I flirt with Sol all the time....well, not ALL the time...but a lot! :tong:

Tools in your toolbox, Herbie? hehehee! *gets all kinds of mental pics going* :bigrin:

TaylorMade
May 1, 2007, 9:44 PM
Yeah, most men are easy. Show a little boobie give em a wink and they're hooked.

Women, however, seemto be different animals.

So I usually tend to be direct.

I can't STAND the games women play. I HAVE said...

"Listen, I'm in college and broke, I'm not buying another drink for ya. Do you wanna fuck or what?"

It worked. Probably will never work again.

*Taylor*

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 9:46 PM
Could practice here....hehehehe! :bigrin:

In person, I flirt with Sol all the time....well, not ALL the time...but a lot! :tong:

Tools in your toolbox, Herbie? hehehee! *gets all kinds of mental pics going* :bigrin:

I have toys.... in a box.... lalalala lol OMG.... bad tasha!!

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 9:48 PM
I have toys.... in a box.... lalalala lol OMG.... bad tasha!!
LOL! *pictures toys.....wonders which box....* :bigrin: :bigrin:

*looks for fangs* :tong:

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 9:49 PM
So I usually tend to be direct.

I can't STAND the games women play. I HAVE said...

"Listen, I'm in college and broke, I'm not buying another drink for ya. Do you wanna fuck or what?"

It worked. Probably will never work again.

*Taylor*

lol I could never say that..... Im far to shy!!

TaylorMade
May 1, 2007, 9:50 PM
lol I could never say that..... Im far to shy!!

I wouldn't expect you to. Be yourself. . .no one else may like it, but you'll like yourself at the end of the day.

*Taylor*

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 9:50 PM
LOL! *pictures toys.....wonders which box....* :bigrin: :bigrin:

*looks for fangs* :tong:

Blue and white stripped shoe box :) In my closet under some lesbian stories and the "comelete 101 lesbian sex book" annnnnnd a naughty DVD!!!

Oh dear..... Im gonna stop talking lol

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 9:53 PM

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: I KNEW I should have used different wording! Yeesh! If you wanna play with my box, you should have just asked ;)

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 9:54 PM
found them! LOL!! :bigrin:

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/101/101132tvr34gaq9d.gif

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 9:56 PM
Whoa! Great fangs Flexie!! Is that cherry lip gloss? ;)

flexuality
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: I KNEW I should have used different wording! Yeesh! If you wanna play with my box, you should have just asked ;)
LOL!! :tong:

deletetacount123
found them! LOL!! :bigrin:

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/101/101132tvr34gaq9d.gif

Ooooh sexy cute fangs.... lol

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 9:58 PM
Whoa! Great fangs Flexie!! Is that cherry lip gloss? ;)
Strawberry Sundae..... :tong:

"Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds." LOL!! the forum's gettin on my case now lol!!!

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:02 PM
Mmmm...strawberries.... Yummie!

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 10:07 PM
and you think you need flirting lessons Herbie?? :tong:

I think you and Tashie should GIVE flirting lessons! hehehehe!! :bigrin:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/HateFueled/purplesparklekiss.gif

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:09 PM
LOL! Call me naieve Flexie but I've no idea what I did that was flirting other than the box comment.

What'd I do??

BTW, grape is good too ;)

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 10:10 PM
You want flirting lessons??

If you like someone, come up behind her.... give her a hug from behind and tell her she smells nice. (trust me.... its ok to say that lol especially when they DO have something on that smells nice (lotion...etc))

If she moves her head sightly. See what happens if you gently kiss her neck :)

Ummmm

anne27
May 1, 2007, 10:13 PM
I'm a flirt, always have been. My g/f hates me to flirt (with her or anyone else) so I'm getting a bit rusty. Flirting with women is a much more low key affair than with men to me. Men don't need subtility. Women do. I'd never be as blatant with a woman as I have been with men.

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:14 PM
Whoa! That is SO far beyond flirting to my mind. To me flirting is play, to actually do something like that...wow. Uhm, wouldn't I get smacked?

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 10:16 PM
Whoa! That is SO far beyond flirting to my mind. To me flirting is play, to actually do something like that...wow. Uhm, wouldn't I get smacked?

*grins* Thats my romantic side speaking and only works if you are dating lol

sorry..... *takes her romantic self to the bedroom*

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:18 PM
*grins* Thats my romantic side speaking and only works if you are dating lol

sorry..... *takes her romantic self to the bedroom*

<tries to follow and run into the laptop screen> OW! ;)

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 10:20 PM
hmm...myabe I'm confused? LOL!! wouldn't be the first time! :rolleyes:

Okay....I thought flirting was the playful kinda stuff that is NOT outright sexual or making a "pass"....you and Tashie have that down to an artform! hehehe!

And I guess flirting can become more like playful inuendo....maybe there's degrees of flirting?

Am I as lost as I think I am?? LOL!!!

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:22 PM
ROFL! Okay, maybe i *do* remember how to flirt. i guess maybe I just have to be comfortable enough with the recipient to do it. After all, you and Tashie are "safe", ya know?

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 10:22 PM
LMAO!!!! :eek:

*picks Herbie up off the floor and waits for the stunnedness to subside* :tong:

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:25 PM
<shakes it off, grins broadly and winks> Thanks Flexie

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 10:27 PM
LOL Herbie... your calling Flex and me.... the VAMPIRES safe?!?!?!?!

Are you asking to become immortal? lol

Ya. I like to be flirty and romantic when Im very comfortable. :)
If I know the person I get carried away sometimes but at least ONLY if that person starts playing along hehe

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 10:29 PM

*Kisses her computer screen and sends it to Herbie's screen*

60 secs oh lala
50.... why do we have to wait?!?!?!
40.... ok I get it... I type to fast
30.... HURRY UP!! *jumps down to 20*
20..... 10..............

1............. FIREWORKDS

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 10:33 PM
ROFL! Okay, maybe i *do* remember how to flirt. i guess maybe I just have to be comfortable enough with the recipient to do it. After all, you and Tashie are "safe", ya know?

It is 'safe' here...but I find it really helps....does that sound weird? lol!

When I first found this site, I was scared to death to even get a username...I would shake every time I logged on here...looking back it was kinda of funny. I had a bad history of weird abuse from women (my mother mostly) and...well anyway....the short version is that all this 'flirting' and playing around has greatly relaxed what used to terrify me.....

....so anyways.....*blush*.....I think I need to go eat something lol :tong:

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 10:36 PM
LOL Herbie... your calling Flex and me.... the VAMPIRES safe?!?!?!?!

Are you asking to become immortal? lol

Immortal? Bwahahaha!!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/HateFueled/hugeblinkingpinkeyes.gif

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:36 PM
<swoons from the smooch> Be still my beating heart <all aflutter>

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:38 PM
Wait a sec... I'm...I'm not immoral already??

Oops..I misread ;)

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:40 PM

When I first found this site, I was scared to death to even get a username...I would shake every time I logged on here...looking back it was kinda of funny. I had a bad history of weird abuse from women (my mother mostly) and...well anyway....the short version is that all this 'flirting' and playing around has greatly relaxed what used to terrify me.....

I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to play with us. You DO realize the three of us seem to be getting a bit of a reputation on here. ;) That's a good thin in my oppinion.

TaylorMade
May 1, 2007, 10:42 PM

I think I'm direct with women because of some of the "wierd abuse' I recieved myself.

*Taylor*

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 10:45 PM
I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to play with us. You DO realize the three of us seem to be getting a bit of a reputation on here. ;) That's a good thin in my oppinion.

We have a reputation? okaaaaay....lol!! :tong:

Yep...must be a good thing! hehe!

I gotta go eat...back later :rolleyes:

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 10:46 PM

Ya a fun reputation..... lol seems the 3 of us click together on here lol
Always a good thing *grins*

:bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

flexuality
May 1, 2007, 10:49 PM
I think I'm direct with women because of some of the "wierd abuse' I recieved myself.

*Taylor*
I can be very direct too sometimes.....sometimes too direct....

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:53 PM
I can be very direct too sometimes.....sometimes too direct....

That's *exactly* what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid I'll be too forceful in my flirting and scare someone off that I really like. I haven't mentioned it before but I can be a bit butch sometimes.

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 10:55 PM
Ya a fun reputation..... lol seems the 3 of us click together on here lol
Always a good thing *grins*

:bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

Exactly my point babe!

:bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

GGGRRRR!! "Sorry the administration...blah blah blah Yeesh!

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 10:57 PM
That's *exactly* what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid I'll be too forceful in my flirting and scare someone off that I really like. I haven't mentioned it before but I can be a bit butch sometimes.

Ummm can you seduce :)

Herbwoman39
May 1, 2007, 11:07 PM
I've never tried seducing a woman. Like I've said before, most men are an easy mark. Women, well I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing.

It's SO much like puberty again :(

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 11:53 PM
I've never tried seducing a woman. Like I've said before, most men are an easy mark. Women, well I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing.

It's SO much like puberty again :(

You know Maria,
I don't know anything about seducing a woman and never really flirted with one where its more sexually lol (just friendly flirting) so Im totally new.... BUT

I think when its the right person, you WILL know... maybe she will make the first moves but if she does, you just will know what to do :)
If you do it first, you will just know it.

I think deep down we just auto response when the time is right.

ohbimale
May 1, 2007, 11:55 PM
Flirting is an art that you need to practice to get right. Lately I have had a lot of men flirting with me. It is a nice ego boost. Because my flirting skills are a little rough I have not been able to seal the deal when I wanted too. A couple of them were handsome too. :tongue:

A lot of eye contact is good, as well as playing with the hair, smiling, letting your hand linger near them a while.

I can't say I have ever been creeped out by flirting. It is just a nice ego boost to know someone finds you sexually attractive. :flag4: :male: