PDA

View Full Version : OK Cupid

miller lite man
Apr 30, 2007, 10:16 PM
After reading opinions from members,then giving my opinion,about eHarmony,and True.com, we decided to try Ok cupid.com. Jus for the hell of it. It's free,just like this site is,and we all like free! she joined using her own sn.(mrse57107),looking for a bi lady for her. ..i joined using my sn.(mrc57107@aol.com),hoping for similar results! she did find one lady that 's about 2 hours away.. we'l l see what happens.
Thanx for reading this,and your comments . :)
Mr C

Herbwoman39
Apr 30, 2007, 10:25 PM
I like OK Cupid myself. BisexualPlayground.com is another pretty good place too. Good luck :)

deletetacount123
Apr 30, 2007, 10:25 PM
After reading opinions from members,then giving my opinion,about eHarmony,and True.com, we decided to try Ok cupid.com. Jus for the hell of it. It's free,just like this site is,and we all like free! she joined using her own sn.(mrse57107),looking for a bi lady for her. ..i joined using my sn.(mrc57107@aol.com),hoping for similar results! she did find one lady that 's about 2 hours away.. we'l l see what happens.
Thanx for reading this,and your comments . :)
Mr C

WHAT?? ALREADY?? Ive been on there for 4 days and I get NOTHING :-( I sent messages to a couple of people that lived locally or few hours away and no responses.
I am Jealous... *sits in a corner and sulks*

Im sick of thier date personally test tho.. I tried 5 times and it rejects me saying your word choices must be interesting and original. Adjectives are words to describe you,
I tried EVERY SINGLE ADJ I knew that described me and it still rejected?!?!? What the heck??? They are interesting and original
Help!!! this would put 57% as a complete profile :rolleyes:

miller lite man
Apr 30, 2007, 11:30 PM
sorry Tasha, ddin't mean to upset u. .here's my shoulder. .or, would u rather have my wife's? Cum out outa that corner,stop sulking, OK? Also , perhaps I should elaborate.. the gal living 2 hours away hasn't replied.. we've just tried to contact her. mrc57107@aol.com

Dagni
Apr 30, 2007, 11:32 PM
Why do you people only trying to find a local partners? I don't get it.
If you like someone, get a deal, jump on the plane and see that person. It worths, believe me.
Yes Tasha i would like to see you in Canada. Or any of people on this site that i find intresting.

miller lite man
Apr 30, 2007, 11:49 PM
I'd love to fly to Canada,to see/be with Tasha, HELL yes. Before I left the Navy in Fall of 1980, my ship was in Halifax, NS,for a week.It was the best week i've ever spent,and I hated to leave. That week taught me to love Canada,and it's people.

TaylorMade
Apr 30, 2007, 11:51 PM
If you like someone, get a deal, jump on the plane and see that person. It worths, believe me.
Yes Tasha i would like to see you in Canada. Or any of people on this site that i find intresting.

Sometimes we don't have the $$ to do that. Other times, our own skepticism keeps us from doing so.

I've done that before in a straight relationship. It was worth it, I'll admit. I'd be more than happy to do that for the right bi guy...but not everyone is me.

*Taylor*

Dagni
May 1, 2007, 12:06 AM
Sometimes we don't have the $$ to do that. Other times, our own skepticism keeps us from doing so.

I've done that before in a straight relationship. It was worth it, I'll admit. I'd be more than happy to do that for the right bi guy...but not everyone is me.

*Taylor*

Jag forstår.
But just give a chance, maybe somehwere in some other part of the world is the right one...guy or girl. I just get impression that people are too lazy when it comes to love/having great sex, like they limited themselfs on one night standings........do you like someone far from you? Yes? good. Meet in real.

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 12:09 AM

Dagni,

I try to find local cause I don't have the money to just jump on the plane to see someone. :) Which is the case with a lot of people or they have kids and can't just up and go or some other reason.
But it does seem Im having no luck with locals lol Ive learnt this town isn't that great lol
I am no stranger to long distance dating tho.. Its fun but I grew tried of it just being emails/chats and nothing more.... promises after promises and never meeting in person ugh.

I'll like to meet you to someday :)

Tasha

TaylorMade
May 1, 2007, 12:14 AM
Jag forstår.
But just give a chance, maybe somehwere in some other part of the world is the right one...guy or girl. I just get impression that people are too lazy when it comes to love/having great sex, like they limited themselfs on one night standings........do you like someone far from you? Yes? good. Meet in real.

Can you translate the first sentence?

I live in a city where people are transient and it seems the culture isn't condusive to get to know people for a long lasting situation, so the idea of a long distance relationship isn't something that scares me.

But others have heard the horror stories about long distance meetings going very wrong, or being taken advantage of, and simply don't want to take that risk. Maybe laziness does fall into it, which I wouldn't doubt.

*Taylor*

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 12:26 AM
Can you translate the first sentence?

I live in a city where people are transient and it seems the culture isn't condusive to get to know people for a long lasting situation, so the idea of a long distance relationship isn't something that scares me.

But others have heard the horror stories about long distance meetings going very wrong, or being taken advantage of, and simply don't want to take that risk. Maybe laziness does fall into it, which I wouldn't doubt.

*Taylor*

Since Im hearing impaired (or deaf when I turn off my implant) Im more on the "like to be on the safe side". While I am good at sensing vibes and all.....

I was in a 3 year long distance with a pretty girl named Bobbi from England.... we had great vibes and all...even mailed each other letters, cards, gifts and so on. Neither had the $$$ to fly to see the other tho and overtime we got fusterated and just split :( I still wonder about her :)
That was the only long lasting long distance relationship I had tho. :)
I have yet to find anyone else that special lol

The last one I did, while it seemed great for 4 months, she all of a sudden couldn't stop talking about sex!!! I asked "is that all you want me for?"
She said no... but kept talking about sex and nothing else so I said "find someone else." (block on msn)

So Im a bit picky... I say local or few hours away on the safe side.
IF I fall in love with someone long distance then I'll give it a try again.

Being lazy is sometimes a safe thing and keeps you out of trouble. There have been so many horror stories but most of those stories people didn't TELL where they were going or WHO they were meeting.

Locals can be just as dangerous too actually cause they can follow you home , where you work and so on.

I think meeting ANYONE off the internet ANYWHERE... even your own town is risky and dangerous.... sometimes you just have to take the risk.

I do but ONLY cause I trust my vibe feelings.

Tasha

littlerayofsunshine
May 1, 2007, 11:37 AM
Ok I joined an OK cupid the other day.. Is it the same one.. I have been taking quizzes after quizzes and I'll be damn, I found out imma Ethical Slut, who's whore name is Little Miss Spreadem, I'm only 21% pure, 71% Kinky, A liberated lover who is also a lucid dreamer and my BEM sex role is Androgynous... Not that I disagree with em, but is it really like a dating site?

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 11:39 AM
I think OKCupid is a waste of time.... LoveHappens.com seems more like a dating site.. theres quizzes but its more like a date site.

OkCupid seems to be mostly a quiz site to me.

Tasha

littlerayofsunshine
May 1, 2007, 11:42 AM
I think OKCupid is a waste of time.... LoveHappens.com seems more like a dating site.. theres quizzes but its more like a date site.

OkCupid seems to be mostly a quiz site to me.

Tasha

I remember a couple of guys from OKcupid when they ran thespark.com. One of em and I used to email to each other and send naughty pics..lol.. He had a great ass I tell ya..lol Ahh it was ages ago, bout 7 years or so.

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 11:45 AM
I remember a couple of guys from OKcupid when they ran thespark.com. One of em and I used to email to each other and send naughty pics..lol.. He had a great ass I tell ya..lol Ahh it was ages ago, bout 7 years or so.

Ya 7 years ago lol
7 years ago Match.com was serious and you DIDN'T have to pay to read emails... a member could email you and it was free to reply.

Now Match.com you MUST pay in order to reply/read emails.... and its facing lawsuits due to fake profiles used to lure people and ya... not serious people.

TaylorMade
May 1, 2007, 4:03 PM
Since Im hearing impaired (or deaf when I turn off my implant) Im more on the "like to be on the safe side". While I am good at sensing vibes and all.....

I was in a 3 year long distance with a pretty girl named Bobbi from England.... we had great vibes and all...even mailed each other letters, cards, gifts and so on. Neither had the $$$ to fly to see the other tho and overtime we got fusterated and just split :( I still wonder about her :)
That was the only long lasting long distance relationship I had tho. :)
I have yet to find anyone else that special lol

The last one I did, while it seemed great for 4 months, she all of a sudden couldn't stop talking about sex!!! I asked "is that all you want me for?"
She said no... but kept talking about sex and nothing else so I said "find someone else." (block on msn)

So Im a bit picky... I say local or few hours away on the safe side.
IF I fall in love with someone long distance then I'll give it a try again.

Being lazy is sometimes a safe thing and keeps you out of trouble. There have been so many horror stories but most of those stories people didn't TELL where they were going or WHO they were meeting.

Locals can be just as dangerous too actually cause they can follow you home , where you work and so on.

I think meeting ANYONE off the internet ANYWHERE... even your own town is risky and dangerous.... sometimes you just have to take the risk.

I do but ONLY cause I trust my vibe feelings.

Tasha

With the guy I had the relationship with... 6 months, he went from overseas (stationed there) to his home state to my state of Florida. I flew to see him too. We even spent a weekend in New York. It was still a great experience that I don't regret, now that's it's over.

I take this view: 3/4 of the people online are just like you and me. It's that one fourth that's gonna fuck you over.

I understand if you would like to play it safe, but I figure there's some trouble that's. . .worth the trouble. :bigrin:

I admit I do talk about sex. ALOT - even from the first chat too if I'm feeling chemistry from that direction -so I'm curious as to how you define "couldn't stop talking about sex."

*Taylor*

superyumboi
May 1, 2007, 9:09 PM
Jag forstår.

on one hand i'd say it's not about laziness but rather expenses, safety and reality.

on the other hand, i've been "dating" a girl on-line/phone calls/email, etc for 2 years and i'm picking her up at the airport tomorrow. she's staying with me for 2 weeks.

so it's possible!!!

but i a goofy bunny, so...whatchya nunna do...

deletetacount123
May 1, 2007, 9:11 PM
on one hand i'd say it's not about laziness but rather expenses, safety and reality.

on the other hand, i've been "dating" a girl on-line/phone calls/email, etc for 2 years and i'm picking her up at the airport tomorrow. she's staying with me for 2 weeks.

so it's possible!!!

but i a goofy bunny, so...whatchya nunna do...

Good Luck :)

One problem I had not to long ago was being in nice email chats. msn chats and webcam on Yahoo messenger......
Then she asked if we could exchange phone numbers and I said no cause she knew why... but she kept asking and I said no, I don't even own a phone lol..... then we logged and I never heard from her again :(

I hate that :(

Tasha

superyumboi
May 1, 2007, 9:16 PM
Good Luck :)

One problem I had not to long ago was being in nice email chats. msn chats and webcam on Yahoo messenger......
Then she asked if we could exchange phone numbers and I said no cause she knew why... but she kept asking and I said no, I don't even own a phone lol..... then we logged and I never heard from her again :(
I hate that :(
Tasha

yeah that's annoying.

for the one girl arriving tomorrow i had to sift thru endless people.

rude, annoying, koo koo for cocoa puffs, absent-minded, forgetful, fake...

all for the glory of one.

t'ank goo'ness for toys.

TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!

ah...chia pets and fred flintstone vitamins...

BreeIsMe
May 1, 2007, 11:33 PM
I haven't tried any of the dating websites but sounds like it might make my life more interesting!~

LOL

Bree

miller lite man
May 2, 2007, 7:33 PM
I checked out LoveHappens.com,sent it to the wife,she'll hopefullly find a bi lady on that site. I was also contacted by a web site called Singlesnet.com. Anyone hear of it? I told them I'm married, wife's bi. .. we'll see what happens. :)

deletetacount123
May 2, 2007, 7:38 PM
I checked out LoveHappens.com,sent it to the wife,she'll hopefullly find a bi lady on that site. I was also contacted by a web site called Singlesnet.com. Anyone hear of it? I told them I'm married, wife's bi. .. we'll see what happens. :)

LoveHappens is nice.. Im liking it better than OKCupid lol

Never heard of Singlesnet.com...... but a friend told me they are anti-same sex so I don't know. lol
She said her friend signed up.. and you CAN search same sex but, you won't find anyone looking for same sex lol its all man/womn searching.

I never got around to trying it to see if she was telling the truth or not lol

Tasha