PDA

View Full Version : Another First For Me

the sacred night
Apr 29, 2007, 10:17 PM
I have some kind of big news. I had my first date with a girl Friday. It went okay, but I was a little bored toward the end. I felt like a guy: I asked her out, planned the date, paid for everything, and got my ear talked off all night :tong: We had pizza and rented a movie, and they were both good, but then in the afterward just talking part, it was like, ok, is this it... I was getting sleepy and wanted to go home, but she suggested we go for coffee... I think she liked me more than I liked her. I mean, she's ok and everything, just a wee bit boring after a few hours. I didn't feel anything romantic or sexual for her in the least, so I was like, god i hope she doesn't try to kiss me at the end. But she didn't. We had a good night hug. Now I just hope she doesn't expect me to call her.

LoveLion
Apr 29, 2007, 10:20 PM
haha, Im sorry I dont mean any offense, but i was laughing the whole time while i read that. Right after you said "I feel like a guy". I dont know how many times I have heard my hetro male friends go one EXACTLY like that after a uneventful date with a girl. lol :bigrin:

waitingtobebi62
Apr 30, 2007, 1:35 AM
Dateing is dateing, sweetheart. It doesn't really matter what sex you are.
Anticipation can be an evil thing when you think, or hope it'll go another way.
A date is what you make of it, maybe next time be just a little bit more attentive, or even just a little bit more agressive, either with provocative conversation, or even a casual touch.
You can't have a date evolve into anything if you don't get involved with it yourself.
This is in no way a criticism, just an observation from a frequent dater.
Believe me we've all been there.
For all you know she could have been yapping the whole time so you would make the first move by making her shutup by kissing her.
Then again, there has to be some attraction or ( like you) you could get bored fast.
Remind me again, who asked whom out. lol, just kidding.
I hope your future dates ( with whom-ever) go great and turn out the way you would like. Cuz that happens sometimes too lol. At least from what I remember.

Waiting

DiamondDog
Apr 30, 2007, 2:22 AM
sorry to hear that your first date with a woman was like that.
Was it a blind date?

My first date with a woman was a bit more interesting than that but I've written that story before on here.

I'd dated men before but technically my first real date with a guy went spectacular and we had a fun time and I enjoyed kissing him goodnight and couldn't wait to see him again!

innaminka
Apr 30, 2007, 3:43 AM
Que sera, sera.

As was written above - dating is just that - dating. More not so good than good.
But the step was made - well done.
Maybe next time those little bluebirds will happen.

BreeIsMe
Apr 30, 2007, 3:54 AM
Hey night,
sorry your first wasn't more memorable.
I have one question for you...
If you felt no attraction for your date, why did you ask her out? It sounds like you may hae only asked her out because you could. or maybe you were just not sure.
Sometimes we think someone we meet is completely different than they are.

Maybe this was the case with you.
Anyway, don't let this discourage you. Keep it up. it just can take a while.

Bree

noostoo
Apr 30, 2007, 4:09 AM
Crap dates are still good practice ;) The give you a good point of reference too.

EveningWood
Apr 30, 2007, 7:04 PM
I mean, she's ok and everything, just a wee bit boring after a few hours. I didn't feel anything romantic or sexual for her in the least, so I was like, god i hope she doesn't try to kiss me at the end. But she didn't. We had a good night hug. Now I just hope she doesn't expect me to call her.
:bigrin: Welcome to our world, honey. ;)

Beardedknight
May 1, 2007, 7:52 AM
Well others have touched on many great things to think about, and I congratulate you on followiing through with the date.
Now, I would like to ask a question: Could her never ending conversation been a defense mechanism on her part? Could she have been so nervous that she had no other idea of what to do, so she talked?
Personally I have seen this before, and not just in the Bisexual realm, but in the Het and BDSM realms as well, especially if the person is new to the subject. :2cents:
Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on the step you have taken and I hope that one date does not deter you from going on others. ;)
Respectfully,
Tim the Beardedknight

the sacred night
May 1, 2007, 9:59 AM
Yes, it was a blind date; that is why I ended up with someone I had no attraction for. I was given her number by a friend who 'set us up' but then I still had to call and ask.

It wasn't that I was afraid to make the first move or that I didn't know how, it was just that I didn't want to once I hung out with her awhile and realized I didn't like her like that.