PDA

View Full Version : Perfect timing

Metro28
Apr 23, 2007, 12:55 AM
Hi all :)

This is my first post, and first day on the site, and I'm SO glad I found it. :) Being the only bi guy I know, it's nice to not be alone.

I was wondering, from both genders, do you find that being bi causes issues, both in the gay and straight communities? I've some wonderful friends, both gay and straight, but get teased a fair bit about being bi, and feel a little isolated at times, and worry that being bi and open about carries a certain social stigma. Any thoughts from other men/women who are out of the closet?

Dr.StrangeLove
Apr 23, 2007, 1:10 AM
Hi all :)

This is my first post, and first day on the site, and I'm SO glad I found it. :) Being the only bi guy I know, it's nice to not be alone.

I was wondering, from both genders, do you find that being bi causes issues, both in the gay and straight communities? I've some wonderful friends, both gay and straight, but get teased a fair bit about being bi, and feel a little isolated at times, and worry that being bi and open about carries a certain social stigma. Any thoughts from other men/women who are out of the closet?

Let me be the first to say welcome, I'm new by a week or so and I really like the variety of people and opinions here...its a really open place.

I think in many ways being bisexual can be more difficult than having a clearly defined sexuality just because we don't fit easily into any one catagory. Gay people don't understand and neither do straight people...but places like this are making it a little easier. Hope you like it here.

Solomon
Apr 23, 2007, 1:32 AM
lol! there's nothing in this life that doesn't create issues! heheheheee!

some people actually live to have issues... i don't recommend hanging around'em... except maybe in the name of science... :bigrin:

CUMM2LBV
Apr 23, 2007, 12:39 PM
WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD. I HAVE TWO OBSERVATIONS FOR YOU

LIFE IS NOT FOR SISSIES.

LIVE, EXPLORE AND ENJOY..........

onewhocares
Apr 23, 2007, 8:32 PM
Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the site. Hope that you find it to be as great as we do.

Belle

arana
Apr 23, 2007, 8:56 PM
Hi and Welcome!!!

Azrael
Apr 23, 2007, 9:10 PM
Hello and wilkommen. For me, being bi means being largely solitary. I'm used to it but it still agitates the hell out of me.

DiamondDog
Apr 23, 2007, 10:01 PM
I don't find that being myself causes issues with either my heterosexual friends or my gay friends. I've found that a lot of het and gay people have questions about bisexuality and I don't mind answering them. I don't really find any question to be offensive and I don't care if people don't get being queer and think that I'm gay.

I don't mind being called a fence sitter or a switch hitter and it's all in good fun and I'll tease my hetero friends and call them breeders or tease my gay friends about having the football gene or the design gene.

I don't really feel that isolated since I have bisexual friends and I date people who are bisexual. I did try going to a bisexual discussion group meeting but I found it to be very small, VERY cliquey, and way too political. I just went to meet people and make friends, and not find sex partners and let's just say it was VERY cruisy there. I don't mind being considered handsome but if people really wanted to flirt/cruise I think that they should have just went to a bar or gone online and not done it at a discussion group.

BreeIsMe
Apr 23, 2007, 11:07 PM
Welcome to this wonderful website

The site helps you through the issues you mention and with the help of wonderful friends.

Hope to "see" you chatting in the future so we can all talk and address any issues you may have and that we have as well.

Take care

Bree

TaylorMade
Apr 24, 2007, 12:07 PM
Can we stop being friendly and start hazing him?

I bought a paddle and wanna use it... :tongue:

*Taylor*

Abbey Road
Apr 24, 2007, 5:43 PM
Hi Metro28, I hope you find this site as nice & friendly as I do.

I`ve not really had any problems off my friends - just friendly banter which I`ve given back to them. I`ve had 1 or 2 say I should be either gay or straight but I just tell them I`m bi - get used to it. :bipride:

Abbey Road. :bibounce: :paw: