PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Vacation

ambi53mm
Apr 23, 2007, 12:39 AM
.....My Ultimate Vacation would be a trip to the space station but at 20 million it would definitely strain our budget LOL...so we're considering a trip to Alaska instead. What would be your ultimate vacation within a two week time frame if money were no object?

Ambi :)

Solomon
Apr 23, 2007, 1:29 AM
why on earth would i need to limit myself to two weeks?? what if i like the place an wanna stay a month? two months?? maybe it takes six months to get it outta me system...

i don't even relish the idea of wasting money on a two way ticket, cuz i don't know when we'd wanna come back :(

oh the decisions i'm asked to make... sigh... :cool:

Herbwoman39
Apr 23, 2007, 1:38 AM
The Serengeti or the Galapagos Islands if money was no object. Or maybe the Great Wall of China. There are SO many places I want to see before I die. Paris, London, Venice in Europe, The Sydney Opera House, the New Zealand countryside, the wildlife in Australia and the list goes on and on and on... How can I possibly decide with only two weeks at my disposal but unlimited funds?

mtb0509
Apr 23, 2007, 1:42 AM
For me it'd just be one of those super nice islands like the Maldives. I just want to sit on the beach all day and relax. And then at night relax by a fire and fool around with some other people ;)

Solomon
Apr 23, 2007, 1:45 AM
hhmm if i have unlimited funding.... i'm buying more time! harumph! :bigrin:

mn freak
Apr 23, 2007, 1:52 AM
A jet set tour of ancient ruins around the world. Or,since money is no object,record shopping in Europe. Stopping in the UK first to find some rare Bowie records. :bigrin:

Seigun
Apr 23, 2007, 3:15 AM
I'm tied up between a trip to space and a trip to a super-nice resort... maybe space, because the resort would be full of people... :(

Daniel1395
Apr 23, 2007, 4:32 AM
I know its not really an exotic location but I would love to take my little group of college friends to the south west coast of France. On the coast apparently there is brilliant waves for surfing, there are also hundreds of miles of forests to go mountain biking in and the French alps are only a two hour drive away so you could go skiing or snowboarding lol.

ambi53mm
Apr 23, 2007, 6:50 AM
why on earth would i need to limit myself to two weeks?? what if i like the place an wanna stay a month? two months?? maybe it takes six months to get it outta me system...

LOL It would take me even longer than six months and is a phase I hope to see in the not too too distance future, but when I hit that status it will be called Permanent Retirement ( the Mother of all Vacations ) I enjoyed the non permanent version for about five years in my early 40's and you're right it takes longer than two weeks....or two years for that matter..I came back with the intent that the next time, there will be no need to ever come back. :angel: oooops well not quite that, but more like :bounce:

BiMichael
Apr 23, 2007, 8:17 AM
Well, I have plans for my ultimate vacation, and that is about 5 years down the road. I love my grand boys and I will be taking all the family to Disney World and staying on site at the Boardwalk Inn, doing the Gold Plan, all meals inclusive and just enjoy watching their faces and seeing how happy they would be. Then I'd come home, divorce the wife ( cause I'd be broke and would need half of her pension. lol ) and move in with my lover.......

NewButWilling2Learn
Apr 23, 2007, 9:19 AM
Cruise through the Alaskian waterways / Swim with the turtles in the Galapagos / A stay in the Bellaggio with unlimited funds and guys / dames.

Enoll
Apr 23, 2007, 9:39 AM
I'd have a little cottage pre-built out in the middle of nowhere country.
Completely stocked with all the food and such I need. I'd spend the days
writing, drawing, meditating, just anything.

Solomon
Apr 23, 2007, 9:56 AM
LOL It would take me even longer than six months and is a phase I hope to see in the not too too distance future, but when I hit that status it will be called Permanent Retirement ( the Mother of all Vacations ) I enjoyed the non permanent version for about five years in my early 40's and you're right it takes longer than two weeks....or two years for that matter..I came back with the intent that the next time, there will be no need to ever come back. :angel: oooops well not quite that, but more like :bounce:

aahh yes, now that thinking i love!! :bounce:

in that case.... let's see first Gettysburg PA (and a road trip through all of the rest of the Civil War battlefields) to start with...
then i'd need to tour europe, especially the castles!! the first one will be the one that they're building in France with nothing but medieval tools!
while we're in France Flex wants to shop in Paris and see the working castle, and we both insist on a tour of the Louvre!
next up on the list we have Australia! that's right... the outback! although i think i'm more into the beach... never surfed, but i guess ya gotta do everything once lol!
oh yes, and all this time we'll be stopping by various museums along the way
then of course there's the ultimate.... that's right, the pyramids! and Egypt! Jerusalem! (i do hope they work out their emotional management by then!)
ok, next on the list... the mayan ruins!
next thailand, and the orient! how 'bout those underwater pyramids!!
after this... we'll be taking a bit of a breather, probably in the Bahamas, or Disneyworld! and perhaps a cruise through the mediteranean!
and... well that's a start, we'll keep ya updated :cool:

geezz... almost forgot all about greece and the ruins of Rome!! and stonehenge! and easter island! and of course the Solomon Isles!

oh good grief! left out holland and amsterdam!

i don't know if we're gonna make the two week deadline... lol!! :eek: think the kids'll be tired though! :bigrin:

12voltman59
Apr 23, 2007, 11:31 AM
This is not really an "ultimate" vacation--but I have a goal of at some point---either finding an old river sternwheel driven boat or building one--put it on the Ohio River and over time, run the boat not only on the Ohio but also on all of the rivers that can be reached via the Ohio and in turn on the navigable tributaries of those rivers---not exactly very exotic---but I think it would be fun and interesting--it is something that would take a number of years to accomplish

Another thing I would like to do--find some cool spot like the south of France or some region of Italy to use as a home base and from there-not only get to know the area surrounding that spot--to also over time--explore other areas in Europe and other adjacent areas----trying to stay away from the "touristy" areas by spending time in places that don't see much tourism to get to know the people, learn the history of the place and enjoy good meals, wines, etc.

Scootertrash
Apr 23, 2007, 3:09 PM
I think I already took the ultimate vacation.. when I retired I put 7000 dollars in an account and said I am coming home when it is gone.. I bought a new motorcycle (Harley) and started my tour of the US of A, I camped in campgrounds or stay with friends or people I met on the road..

I partied with outlaw bikers and with biker wannabees alike.. I went to the Sturgis rally and to Daytona bike week.. visited our Nations capital..

I met hundreds of people along the way and still stay in touch with many of them.. I had many great adventures and made 18,000 miles in the seven months that it took me to go broke..

I can no longer afford the vacation, so I sit home and think of the great time I had and the great people I met.. the sights and sound of my country, things most never get to see and hear.

If I had to money to do it again I would love to visit Australia and do the same thing, I have a friend that did several month in europe and said he spent a lot of time trying to cross borders.. spoiled his trip.

nobody can see enough in two weeks

Bill

TaylorMade
Apr 23, 2007, 3:27 PM
UK, Greece, Russia and North Africa.

*Taylor*

darkeyes
Apr 23, 2007, 4:51 PM
Me wansta c as much of the world as me can.. an intend 2..but is only 1 place for perfect hol..it has everythin me cud wish for..

Yummie clubs, cafe culture, music, dance, beauty, art, an sum of the yummiest gay an bi women ya eva did c...an don ne 1 believe ne thin ya hears bout them..they chic, sexy, smell like a dream an r ratha scrummie wen it cums 2 nocturnal matters! Pretty gud durin the day 2... even the butch gals hav style!!! An if ya still don like the local ladies afta my recommendation..then the place is heavin wiv dykes an bi women from jus about ne country ya cares ta mention...

An so ya can look ya best for these holiday pursuits...shoppin 2 die for.. clothes 2 make ya look an feel like a million dollars, shoes wiv real style, cosmetics 2 add on a few more grand, an jewellery 2 finish ya off ...

Wer this place??? Only the city of romance herself... Paris. No place like it..but jeez its expensive...but worth every penny!

Now ther r betta places if ya wanna go jus for a pick up an get laid hol..but none has so much of everythin 2 make it really memorable... few weeks ther ya'll b knackered but yas'll hav had a whale of a time!!

O yea..there even summat for guys 2.... tee hee

Solomon
Apr 24, 2007, 1:46 AM
just think darkeyes... you'll soon be able to take any trip ya want from the comfort of your own home with holographic imagery technology

no more need to go shopping! <ducking an running> :bigrin: :tong: :bigrin:

flexuality
Apr 24, 2007, 1:49 AM
Already wapped him for that one! And EXTRA waps too! :bigrin:

Wot the hell he mean....NO SHOPPING?!?!?!!?

*considers opening North Americam line of Tesco's* :bigrin:

**takes over keyboard AND chair...hehehehe!!!** :bigrin: :tong: :bigrin:

darkeyes
Apr 24, 2007, 3:29 AM
Wappin him aint gud enuff Flex... he needs real pain an permanent reminder of his folly.... an me can think of several dozen agonisin treatments for that jus of top of me head!

An even the supermarkets ova ther hav style.... so he will hav some culture wile gettin the plonk in! As we go shoppin an spendin is money.... an sittin outside the cafes drinkin eatin an watchin the world go by...

By the way...the Louvre aint ne ole museum Sol..not jus that its big...its bloody huge!!! Amazin..but huge... take a coupla days of ya hol 2 c it all..3 if ya really wantsa really appreciate it!!! An its also a bugger 2 find ya way round... an the metro can b a killer..looks simple on the map..but ya can walk miles between platforms. But every hol has drawbacks..ways round everythin... jus don hire a car...Paris drivers r insane!!!

An Flex baby...the shoppin is really 2 die for....we cud spend the whole 2 weeks an neva c the same kit in 2 shops!! Sighhhhhhhhhh......... Best not bring Sol along really...keep im wiv nose 2 grindstone earnin the millions so we can spend it an look yummie!

Long Duck Dong
Apr 24, 2007, 4:55 AM
dream vacation ???

would have to be a taste of home, sweet scotland.....a wee dram of some 25 year old whisky.....a platter of haggis...... and a night by a open heath spending time listening to a sweet scottish lilt spoken by a true lady.....then a guided tour around scotland......

the other one would be that all the annoying, pain in the ass people that piss me right off, have all their fingers in casts and develop laryngitis for 2 weeks...
and that way they would stop ringing me and can't email me....lol

darkeyes
Apr 24, 2007, 5:13 AM
Cud do worse Duckie... jus make sure ya cum wen the weather half decent... me luffs haggis meself... yummie... let u get 2 getha wiv me dad for the whisky...thats is thing...wot he don know aint worth knowin... rules me out for the nite on the heath.. Edinburgh aint a soft spoken lilt...tee hee. Not 2 sure me cud b called a lady eitha... get called lotsa things 2 denote my femininity...lady not usually 1 of em.. tee hee. Well Rana an othas do say things like.."Ive had enuff of u lady..." "ur nuthin but a trollop lady..." "shut ur face lady.." "fuck off lady" an such...not sure that counts.. tee hee.

Ne ways..yad enjoy it...wild. Rest of country aint bad eitha... well sum rite dumps spesh in the west round glasgow..but up north me can introduce ya 2 the midgies... tee hee. Survive a nite wiv them wee sods ya will survive ne thin..tee hee. Least up ther the girls speak softly...lol

Abbey Road
Apr 24, 2007, 5:53 PM
I would go to South Africa & Australia & New Zealand to watch cricket & rugby as I like watching the sports & also to see the beauty of the places. I`d also go to Wales (been several times & love the country & people). I`d love to go to Ireland & Russia. :bipride:

Abbey Road. :bibounce: :paw: