PDA

View Full Version : New celeb outings.

mn freak
Apr 22, 2007, 2:32 AM
Natalalie Portman has just said "I would not rule being in a relationship with a woman. Why would you rule out 50% of the population?"
So,why is it that women can be out of the closet with no big deal,but men can't?
(it's a rhetorical question)

littlerayofsunshine
Apr 22, 2007, 11:14 AM
I don't see Lance Bass or Neil Patrick Harris suffering horribly. Now the guy from greys anatomy has had a rough coming out. Since it was not his own doing. But, he is still working and I still think he's a good actor.

csrakate
Apr 22, 2007, 11:36 AM
T.C. Knight, (the guy from Grey's Anatomy) had a rough coming out due to the insensitive remarks made by a cast member that cast light on his sexuality and thrust him into the limelight. The fact that he is gay has NOT, however, seemed to have affected his career. If anything, he has been embraced by his cast members, heralded by the media and does not seem to be suffering any ill effects. Then again, he hasn't played the martyr either. He seems very comfortable with who he is and doesn't seem to feel a need to justify a single thing. I applaud him for the gallant way he reacted...and for standing proud.

Hugs,
Kate

darkeyes
Apr 22, 2007, 3:22 PM
Me don care wether sum celeb is out or not...sure it helps us as a group mayb gain sum respectability (or notoriety) an mayb acceptance in the general community, but at end of day its ther biz, an until the world accepts all sexualities wivout question as jus bein, then each celeb, like each of the rest of us mus make the judgement which he or she believes is best for them..

One thing me dus know...lotsa lady celebs me wudn mind helpin find ther way.. an 1 male in particular who me wantsa try me for size!!! Sighhhhh.. ooo Johnny me waitin for ya ta try an turn me str8!!! :bigrin:

meteast chick
Apr 22, 2007, 4:31 PM
For me, a celebrity's coming out only enhances what I like about them. Sure, everybody knew Ellen Degeneres was gay, and I never watched her show. Then she came out, and hello I was all over that show like white on rice. Honestly it's sad that celebs feel a need to come out to the public at all. We know how hard it was coming out to our family, but to millions of people willing and able to discriminate you for it!? I for one will stand up and applaud!

Now there are a few starlets out there I would love to hear them come out. One down, so many to go...

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

allbimyself
Apr 22, 2007, 5:58 PM
As if Natalie wasn't sexy enough....

mtb0509
Apr 23, 2007, 1:30 AM
I don't see Lance Bass or Neil Patrick Harris suffering horribly.

That's because with Lance being a backstreet boy it was already pretty obvious :tong:

I like it when celebrities come out. I don't worship them like a lot of the general population does, but it definitely helps with awareness and stuff like that.