PDA

View Full Version : unique problem

TxGuy
Apr 18, 2007, 7:23 PM
i recently came out and it went great i suppose. I came out to my best friend and roommate and there are no signs that our friendship will change at all. He's apparently such a good friend, that he will keep the secret indefinitly. This, I had not counted on.

i figured the first person i told would spill the beans immediatly to someone else then all i had to do was sit back and just answer the questions presented to me as the info spread. get to sit back and snipe out the assholes at long range and get to find out who in my friends are good ones, and which are bad. now i've got to go out and try to segway into the most uncomfortable conversation in the world with people.

the real problem is that, most of all my "secondary" friends are people i wouldn't tell anything that personal to to begin with, so why start now? yes, i would like them to know, but their not important enough to tell directly, does that make any sense?

so, should i just pick out the biggest blabbermouth amongst and tell her?

codybear3
Apr 18, 2007, 8:26 PM
LOL...Tell her? :bigrin:

Do you need to let people know? And if you do, why not just tell them yourself instead of letting someone else twist things around and then you have to "answer" question that may not relate to anything you wanted or had in mind to talk about... :2cents: :paw: :paw:

TxGuy
Apr 18, 2007, 8:33 PM
yeah i know. i just wanted to be lazy about it cause everyone else that doesn't already know I don't really care enough about to tell face to face.

just wondered if anyone else ever ran into that situation

arana
Apr 18, 2007, 8:56 PM
That's funny you picked your closest friend to confide in and they ended up being just that...your close friend. Who'da thought it huh? lol
If you don't care enough to tell these other people face to face...why do they need to know anything? If you want every Tom, Dick and Harry to know without having to speak to them, just wear a t-shirt that says something to the effect.

fortyniner1
Apr 19, 2007, 12:31 AM
Good for you!! Arana, as usual, is right. You did a courageous thing in talking with your best friend. If others want to know, let them see your t-shirt or ball cap or bumper sticker to wonder and ask you. Best of luck in all you do and don't be afraid to stop by and talk to us, we're all in this togther. :flag4: