PDA

View Full Version : AS BISEXSUALS CAN YOU GET CONFUSED

purple
Sep 18, 2005, 7:01 AM
IAM THE FEMALE PART OF PURPLE AND AM GOING THROUGTH A CONFUSIONAL TIME OF WHATS RIGTH OR WRONG IN LIFE NOT CONFUSED ABOUT MY BI SEXSUAL SIDE OF THINGS BUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF ME AND STUFF CAN ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS TOHELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE THANKS PURPLE XXXXX

Sparks
Sep 18, 2005, 9:04 AM
:2cents: Here's an idea. Screw what other people might think. Be kind and true to your "self", and good things will follow you.

wanderingrichard
Sep 18, 2005, 1:13 PM
hon, you've taken the biggest of the first steps already in that you've accepted your sexuality.. that is the most important one.

next is to just be your true self where ever you are.. do not under any circumstances, adjust or alter your behavoir around anyone else to suit some percevied local norm. in other words, dont let the people or social pressures around you try to tell you that since you are this, you need to be doing that.

many people around us are more confused than we are when we admit publicly that we are BI and not anything else..they cant accept that we dont fit into one little neat box that they can file away on a shelf somewhere in the back of their minds.. we are too broad a concept usually for them to grasp, and it takes some time to adjust when this is new to everyone but us, as several of the major articles posted here have made clear.

so, what else is wrong, lass? if you're more specific i'm sure there's lots of us here who can not only lend you thier ears, hearts, and minds, but may have been thru this already and will be able to give you the answer you need to your problem.

csrakate
Sep 18, 2005, 2:41 PM
Hello Purple/Female,

I merely echo the sentiments of the above posters..."To thine own self be true!"

I think many of us make a major life mistake when we attempt to mold ourselves to the norms and expectations of others, while denying ourselves the freedom to be the best that WE can be. I'm not saying that we should fly in the face of societal norms, but I think we tend to place far too much emphasis on fitting in and being accepted. By doing so, we ignore the opportunities to explore our own wants and needs and that can only lead to feelings of frustration and a lot of unmet desires. If YOU are happy with you then that self assuredness and positive attitude will spill over to others.

I hope that you one day find the self acceptance that is necessary to achieve a comfortable level of acceptance by society. And keep coming back to this site to post your issues and concerns. There are a lot of caring people here who have life experiences to share with you to give you the guidance that you need.

Take care,
Kate

arana
Sep 18, 2005, 5:25 PM
Purple, you've just received the best advice from everyone....be yourself. I spent a lifetime being a square peg desparately trying to fit into a round hole. In public I'm very quiet and reserved. It wasn't until I came to this site that I was able to be more open and myself. I let myself conform to other peoples standards trying to be accepted and after years of doing it I somehow lost myself. Don't let yourself become a victim to that and have the regrets that I do. Love being you, you already have a partner that does.

Hugs,
Arana :tong:

m.in.heels&hose
Sep 20, 2005, 6:26 AM
Hello purple
i too was always a misfit somehow, in public (but in private i would carefully explore my bi side, and cover up my tracks so to speak) i was what everyone wanted me to be, and i was quiet and reserved but as i got older i was more and more determined to be more of the person i wanted to be.
i discovered i was bisexual when i was in my mid teens and i tried my best to hide this for years, until i stumbled across this website. (thank you drew)
i have become more caring, understanding, and more easygoing than i ever have in my life!
i really have to agree with sparks, he said it best "screw, what others think"
why is it some people can "indulge" in what makes them happy, and then that same person will condemn another person for "indulging" in what makes them selves happy?

just go with what you know is inside of you, purple and like kate said to thine own self be true!

i know what has already been said here was probalbly enough, but just felt i had to add my :2cents:

m.in.heels&hose