PDA

View Full Version : Question on what a word means.....

deletetacount123
Apr 17, 2007, 12:08 AM
When someone has on thier profiles of what relationship they are in and it lists "It's complicated" what does that mean??

Im deaf remember so deaf people don't always hear the same words so sometimes when they see it, it seems a brand new word they never seen before. Im thinking it means "unsure" or "not serious yet"? Am I right?

If now correct me? lol Thanks in advance.

flexuality
Apr 17, 2007, 12:15 AM
If they are referring to their relationship that they're in now and saying "it's complicated" it could mean a number of different things.

The first thing that comes to my mind is "it's difficult to explain" would be what they are trying to say, meaning that they are unsure of how to explain the relationship that they are in.

It might also mean that they don't want to talk about their relationship on the site.....or it could mean that their relationship is not good.

that would be my guesses....there could be other meanings tho... :rolleyes:

deletetacount123
Apr 17, 2007, 12:18 AM
lol ah, one of those words that could mean anything then :tongue: :tongue:

Im talking about Facebook :)
They have "Relationship"
The choices are: its complicated, single, in a relationship, married, in a open relationship.

Mine says single lol of course. :rolleyes: I could lie on it but then what If I meet someone on there who says "darn, shes taken!!" That would be bad... and mommy told me its wrong to lie unless you REALLY HAVE TO. (like a suprise party!)

flexuality
Apr 17, 2007, 12:22 AM
LOL!

Okay...in that case, I would guess that it is a not too good relationship.

Fire Lotus
Apr 17, 2007, 1:41 AM
People I've known to use "It's complicated" are in polyamorous relationships. However, that may not always be the case.

deletetacount123
Apr 17, 2007, 1:51 AM
People I've known to use "It's complicated" are in polyamorous relationships. However, that may not always be the case.

It makes sense tho since not everyone agrees with polyamorous so "its complicated" is a safer word. (prevents personal attacks)

Tommy2020
Apr 17, 2007, 10:39 AM
Hey Tash,

Sometimes I get a 'blonde moment' when I can't think of the right words to explain something. Sometimes feelings are the worst things to explain and trying to explain them would only dig the hole a little deeper. So, maybe this person will come back later when they have their words worked out and repost in their profile.

I may be wrong, but it's ny :2cents:

Tash, have a great day and pamper yourself today. You deserve it. :)

Your friend,
Tommy2020

DeafF2M
Apr 17, 2007, 12:39 PM
My interpretation of "complicated" as shown with the other defined relationship choices....

Complicated could mean, "I'm not getting any at home, so I'm looking.... wife/husband doesn't know"... in other words.. cheating.

Just a thought.

Enoll
Apr 17, 2007, 12:42 PM
It could also mean, "I have a REALLY friendly dog".

....ew.... :(

biwords
Apr 17, 2007, 12:50 PM
I would think 'cheating' is, in fact, the likeliest explanation. Unless the person is so interesting that you want to investigate further, I admit that on seeing the word 'complicated' I would run in the other direction toot sweet -- I have enough complications already, thank you, without looking for more!

deletetacount123
Apr 17, 2007, 12:51 PM

Ewwwwwwww Enoll, you have a nasty mind :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

arana
Apr 17, 2007, 3:11 PM
My interpretation of "complicated" as shown with the other defined relationship choices....

Complicated could mean, "I'm not getting any at home, so I'm looking.... wife/husband doesn't know"... in other words.. cheating.

Just a thought.
That's one of the first things that comes to my mind when I see that. Or that they are in a "non-traditional" type relationship and would rather get to know someone before getting into details.

arana
Apr 17, 2007, 3:13 PM

What if they are a farmer?

welickit
Apr 17, 2007, 4:21 PM
In our experience it means the person is cheating and they figure you will meet with them and let them explain. Our advise would be to pass them bi. If you do decide to meet them make it a public place and carry a cell phone with one number 911 calling. If it is complicated to begin with it will get more complex. :2cents:

Abbey Road
Apr 17, 2007, 6:31 PM
What if they are a farmer?

They have a really friendly sheep?
:yikes2:

Abbey Road. :bibounce: