PDA

View Full Version : Traveling

holle1199
Apr 15, 2007, 1:51 PM
I will be leaveing in about 5 weeks to travel around the country for about 4 months in my Motorhome.I am wondering if there are others on here that Fulltime in an RV also.
I will be going to Red Bay Alabama first and then to Texola Oklahoma and then to the Grand Canyon and from there plan to go to Pahrump Nevada and then to Syracuse NY area and whatever else we see in between.
Jim

dans94
Apr 15, 2007, 5:58 PM
Hi holle, that sounds fascinating! I've been thinking about full timing in an RV lately. It looks like it might be cheaper than owning a home and a hell of alot less work. Let me know how it goes?

holle1199
Apr 15, 2007, 11:40 PM
Yes it is much cheaper than owning a house.I took early retirement a few years ago and we have lived in the Motorhome now for about 3 years.Down here where we are now we are spending $315.00 a month for rent and that includes everything except propane.When we travel we usually spend a week or two in each area anthen usually you can find a weekly rate for about $100.00 a week plus we use Passpoprt America which is a half price camping program.
We figure on spending about 6000 dollars on our 4 month trip and that includes gas, campgrounds and our admissions to like the Grand Canyon, Museums and that.That is less than I used to spend on my house just for payments and utilities.
Jim

12voltman59
Apr 16, 2007, 1:36 AM
I will be leaveing in about 5 weeks to travel around the country for about 4 months in my Motorhome.I am wondering if there are others on here that Fulltime in an RV also.
I will be going to Red Bay Alabama first and then to Texola Oklahoma and then to the Grand Canyon and from there plan to go to Pahrump Nevada and then to Syracuse NY area and whatever else we see in between.
Jim

Sounds like fun--I would like to do that too--get an RV and hit the road but before I do that--I want to get a boat that I can travel on the rivers and start taking trips up every navigable river that I can get too from the Ohio and the rivers that connect to those rivers---

Have a good safe road tour--I do envy you for your trip---have fun!