PDA

View Full Version : FDA trying to force change - off topic

Herbwoman39
Apr 12, 2007, 11:37 AM
The following is a forwarded letter I received through my school. Please, PLEASE take action. Do not let the government take away your right to non-prescription health alternatives!

There is a crisis in health freedom. On April 30, 2007 the FDA will close the public comment period on a "Guidance" which will classify every alternative practice as medicine so that only licensed physicians can carry out the procedure AND vitamins, minerals, herbs, etc., will suddenly become "untested drugs" which will be forbidden.

Bad? Real Bad! But public outcry can stop this assault on your health and your freedom.

Spread the word! Tell everyone in your Circle of Influence, professionals, alternative practitioners, nutrient and herb companies, everyone! Let them know how important their participation is to make sure the FDA backs off from this repressive course.

Please share this link with them and urge them to take action: http://tinyurl.com/2u7ghc

Yours in health and freedom,

Rima E. Laibow, MD
Medical Director
Natural Solutions Foundation
www.HealthFreedomUSA.org

jedinudist
Apr 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
Have you sent a copy to the HRC? I don't know what their reaction would be, but they do address health care concerns.

Tommy2020
Apr 12, 2007, 12:49 PM
As Archie Bunker would have said, "Just more beaureaucraps..."
I can't imagine having to see my doctor for a prescription for vitamin c.

Hey HerbWoman... I have bookmarked the website and will forward this letter on to several of my friends.

Thanks for the warning. Makes me feel like the old saying, "You snooze, you lose..."

Tommy2020

Solomon
Apr 13, 2007, 4:17 AM
herbie... i have full confidence that something of this magnatude simply would not pass through... let's just say it would create a real shitstorm for too many extremely powerful people lol

Herbwoman39
Apr 13, 2007, 9:24 AM
Sol, I agree that there's a good chance such a thing wouldn't pass. It's the very fact that the government is trying to regulate what we put in our bodies on the premise that it's "for our own good". I think that the public at large should be aware of what's happening.

After all, they passed the Patriot Act and most of them didn't even read it.

lilbitsva
Apr 13, 2007, 12:19 PM
Really i can't believe that they would do this they just want money. I can't believe some people these days. lil bit

anne27
Apr 13, 2007, 1:01 PM
I guess I should start hiding the medicinal herbs growing on my front porch before the DEA comes a'knocking :rolleyes: .

TaylorMade
Apr 13, 2007, 3:39 PM
I know they were trying to reclassify caffene as a drug at one point..so I guess they may be trying something else.

I'd still cross check it with snopes.com, though.

*Taylor*

Solomon
Apr 13, 2007, 6:03 PM
Sol, I agree that there's a good chance such a thing wouldn't pass. It's the very fact that the government is trying to regulate what we put in our bodies on the premise that it's "for our own good". I think that the public at large should be aware of what's happening.

After all, they passed the Patriot Act and most of them didn't even read it.

i know how it can feel infuriating... but i think it's just simple political posturing... think the FDA's just basically saying they want a piece of the pie lol

although i do believe that there should be some regulations on the industry, but not the kind you're talking about... that would actually piss off also the medical community as well, they're already giving up any spare time they have because of simple demographics, let alone having to write a prescrip for everybody who want's vitamins?

but truthfully this is an industry that goes over even their heads and the FDA would hafta get their pee pee's smacked a bit lol