PDA

View Full Version : Ham or Turkey?? Whats your Easter meal??

deletetacount123
Apr 8, 2007, 11:37 AM
Working at the grocery store got me thinking lol

NORMALLY every Thanksgiving and Christmas we have Turkey.

But what about easter? Some peple perfer Ham while others stick to Turkey.

What do you eat for Easter Dinner? Ham or Turkey?

My mom has always made HAM for easter family dinner.

spoiledangel860505
Apr 8, 2007, 11:38 AM
Neither, we go out for lunch/dinner after church

ambi53mm
Apr 8, 2007, 1:30 PM
Mmmmmmm

Today's Menue

Firepit Ham...turning over a bed of coals begun last night.
Fried Oysters
Maryland Crab Cakes (3rd generation recipe)
Sweet potatoes casserole
Fresh greenbeans seasoned with counrtry ham
Fresh strawberry shortcake ( they're in season)

......to be followed by a very long Nap :sleep:

Ambi :)

tink1978
Apr 8, 2007, 1:46 PM
On the menu today is:

Frozen pizza for lunch
Chicken Curry with steamed rice for dinner
Followed by;
Another Great night of sex

:bigrin:

12voltman59
Apr 8, 2007, 2:07 PM
I am going to have something entirely different for my Easter dinner--I got myself a nice steak that I will season before I grill it with olive oil and a special pepper mix I made up---some garlic flavored mashed potatoes and some greens like brocoli or brussel's sprouts and a Caesar Salad.

Tasha forgot to include other Easter traditions such as lamb or roast duck--I had thought of doing either one of those but I have not had a good steak for awhile and that caught my eye at the store yesterday.

Whatever you have--enjoy your meal!!

FalconAngel
Apr 8, 2007, 3:51 PM
Corned beef and cabbage for us.

WHAT????? It's NOT St. Patty's DAY!!!?????

Aaah, who cares. Corned beef and cabbage is good all year round.

Solomon
Apr 8, 2007, 7:26 PM
we're ordering pizza.... it has ham on it i think lol :cool:

innaminka
Apr 8, 2007, 8:11 PM
Easter Bunny came - therefore... CHOCOLATE!

Lorcan
Apr 8, 2007, 8:13 PM
Usually Lamb. This year it was:

Mustard crusted Loin of Lamb...
Parmesan Eggplant
balsamic apple
etc...

Hubby's a chef! :tong:

onewhocares
Apr 8, 2007, 8:47 PM
Hey All,

We were supposed to go to dinner, but the restaurant screwed up so hubby and I had 18 for dinner. We have a few Lithuanian Traditional Items- homemade Kielbase, Onion skinned dyed hard boiled eggs, horseradish, rye bread. Now, Bill and all the other sisters in laws (or outlaws as they refer to themselves) there are:Roasted Turkey, a home grown ham that my nephew had smoked, mashed potatoes which were so runny that they should have been called soup ( I made those) citrus green peas, stuffing, roasted baby veggies, corn souffle, gravy ( my specialty which even if I say was the BEST).
Assorted cakes and goodies.

Then a long night of cleaning up.

Belle

jo69guy
Apr 9, 2007, 7:37 AM
Marty and I had fried chicken, dressing, green bean casserole, peas, and sugar-free sweet potatoe pie.....

Mrs.F
Apr 9, 2007, 7:41 AM
We pretty much always have ham. We started our lunch at Flounder's parents where we had a wonderful ham, pea salad, corn, mashed taters, gravy, rolls and the best chocolate pie.

Came home and took a LONG nap....... :sleep:

Then headed to my mom's house where we decided to be way different this yr. since my dad passed away 5 months ago. We had enchallada's and spanish rice, followed by lemon bars. It was so yummy.....

Came home and went to bed......... :sleep:

smokey
Apr 9, 2007, 7:50 AM
If it doesn't run away I'll eat it... my knee is too gamy any more to chase my meal down. :bigrin:

Actually that kinda relates to my sex life too :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

meteast chick
Apr 9, 2007, 1:35 PM
I grew up with Ham on Easter, Turkey on Thanksgiving, Ham on Christmas, but mostly I'm all about my Peeps!

How about that Cadbury Easter Bunny...bawk bawk!!!

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

...and yes that's me in my t-shirt below!

TorontoGuy2007
Apr 10, 2007, 7:40 PM
no easter dinner for me this year. i got stuck in a snow storm as i drove home from a wonderful week in florida.. but traditionally, ham for easter and turkey for christmas and canadian thanksgiving, and pub food for american thanksgiving and a tv with football on!

jamiehue
Apr 10, 2007, 7:59 PM
prime rib with sweet potatoes and apple pie. :)

Herbwoman39
Apr 10, 2007, 8:53 PM
No Easter dinner here. We came back from celebrating our anniversary in Atlanta on Sunday. We stopped at Disney on the way back home and had Chinese at the Noodle House, but nothing formal.

We don't celebrate Easter anyway so it's no big deal for us.

flexuality
Apr 10, 2007, 9:07 PM
No Easter dinner here. We came back from celebrating our anniversary in Atlanta on Sunday. We stopped at Disney on the way back home and had Chinese at the Noodle House, but nothing formal.

We don't celebrate Easter anyway so it's no big deal for us.

We don't "celebrate" it either...I just happen to LOVE chocolate and turkey! :bigrin:

As Sol said, we had pizza this year! And I picked up chocolate at 50% off the day after Easter lol! :tong:

hmmm....reminds me....I gotta go check and see if they have turkeys on sale today...... :bigrin:

Herbwoman39
Apr 10, 2007, 9:48 PM
ROFL Flex! I hear that. Nothing like chocolate and turkey. The sugar from the chocolate compensates for the tryptophan in the turkey so you get a nice, even buzz.

We don't "celebrate" it either...I just happen to LOVE chocolate and turkey! :bigrin:

As Sol said, we had pizza this year! And I picked up chocolate at 50% off the day after Easter lol! :tong:

hmmm....reminds me....I gotta go check and see if they have turkeys on sale today...... :bigrin:

flexuality
Apr 10, 2007, 9:55 PM
ROFL Flex! I hear that. Nothing like chocolate and turkey. The sugar from the chocolate compensates for the tryptophan in the turkey so you get a nice, even buzz.
LOL Herbie!!

Trust you to explain it in terms of the ingredients and how it affects us! :bigrin:

No wonder you're the Witchy Woman! :tong:

jedinudist
Apr 11, 2007, 11:22 AM
Roast Beef! I make it myself (I love to cook) and have been told I make an excellent Roast Beef. I like it RARE, with Yorkshire Pudding, and then whatever fresh breads and vegetables we feel like. I prefer roast beef for every holiday (and often in between) but I give in and make Ham for the spring holiday because that's what my wife likes (and because she lets me do roast beef on thanksgiving and the winter holiday)

Herbwoman39
Apr 11, 2007, 11:23 AM
LOL! Yeah, I'm just a geek that way ;)

purplespider
Apr 11, 2007, 11:25 PM
okay..had a birthday on friday..so we did her meal saturday..which was lamb...

and sunday we did ham and prime rib!..there..nough meat for ya!..

teehee...oh and a grocery basket full of chocolate..

gads..working in a grocery store..hard to resist discount choco!

flexuality
Apr 12, 2007, 1:19 AM
It's now Wednesday, 3 days after Easter.....I have an almost 30 pound turkey cooking....stuffing.....sweet potatoes....cranberry sauce....gravy.....it smells sooooooooooo good! :tong:

Damn thing hardly fits in the oven! lol!!

Ok....FOOD! Everyone's invited!! :bigrin:

tatooedpunk
Apr 12, 2007, 6:06 PM
Neither for me i'm a vegeterian! do kinda like chocolate tho'