PDA

View Full Version : New Job!

the sacred night
Apr 7, 2007, 7:00 PM
I just got a new job! I'm going to be working at my University's LGBTQQA resource center, and I'm really excited! I'm just a volunteer for now, but I've been told it has the potential to grow into a paying job and hopefully I can quit the one I have. I'm the Programming Coordinator, it sounds all important and stuff! I basically research what kinds of events/programs/services other univiersities have for their LGBT students and how we can bring them to my school, and then make it happen! Wow I used a lot of exclamation points!

tink1978
Apr 7, 2007, 7:04 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun you will have to keep us posted.

Amanda

Herbwoman39
Apr 7, 2007, 7:58 PM
Congratulations!! Keep up in the loop about how things are going there. I'd love to know!

~M~

the sacred night
Apr 7, 2007, 8:01 PM
We're working on our grand opening right now, getting speakers lined up, figuring out what food to serve, stuff like that. I'm also seeing if the university will pay to have Judy Shepherd come speak sometime next year.

FalconAngel
Apr 8, 2007, 3:17 AM
You may want to research what other LGBT sites have to offer their local community as well.
Not just the colleges and universities.
Who knows; they may not be what you are looking for, but may give you ideas for things that your location can do.