PDA

View Full Version : Chat is down

Brian
Apr 5, 2007, 7:59 PM
The chat is down for now. :( Not sure what is wrong, but it could be a little while to get it fixed - it just won't restart, which is the normal fix for any glitches.

Stay tuned.

- Drew :paw:

entropy
Apr 5, 2007, 9:29 PM
Drew, I've been wondering why we use that chat client for a while now. If it's causing problems, then maybe setting up an IRC server would be an easier solution. There are tons of java applets for IRC chat and clients like mIRC, and all the server software required is free...

If you're interested, I have loads of experience and wouldn't mind setting something up on a public server, or getting something configured, etc...

entropy (( :bipride: ))

pasco_lol_cpl
Apr 6, 2007, 12:47 AM
I hear you about the IRC client, but the system that is used now allows for a bit more functionality than being listed on an IRC server, at least thats my impression.

12voltman59
Apr 6, 2007, 12:52 AM
I've certainly been having my troubles with chatting lately---even when I can get on-it has been doing some odd things--hope you guys get it fixed

Tommy2020
Apr 6, 2007, 8:44 AM
Hey Drew,

When I logged out of BiCom last night my puter shut down and I had to reboot. Not a big thing, just wanted you to know. I see that the chat is back up this morning and I appreciate your 'feverish' work getting it back 'up'. :) :) :)

Tommy2020

lilbitsva
Apr 6, 2007, 9:36 AM
Hello drew I"m new hear so i know that you don't know me. I"m jen but everyone calls me lil bit. I wanted to thank you so much for fixing that for us. i really enjoy this site. You all have wonderful people hear and i really enjoy chatting with them. Just wanted to say hi and tell you that. thanks alot again lil bit :doggie: