PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes the shit you know...

Herbwoman39
Apr 5, 2007, 8:11 AM
I was inspired by the "My Life Is Not MY Own" thread to relay a fable I once heard.

One late fall a small sparrow got left behind by its flock. The weather had turned cold and it was looking very bleak. The little sparrow was unable to find food anywhere so it decided to try to catch up to the flock.

As it flew, the wind became colder and stronger, sleet began beating down on the poor little bird and finally it could fly no more. So, wet and very nearly frozen to death, the sparrow landed in a cow pasture. The sleet continued to come down and it looked like all was lost.

As the little sparrow shivered in the cold, dying, a cow came along and let fly a fresh, steaming load of manure covering the poor little bird completely!

But the manure was warm. The heat actually began thawing the little bird, warming its poor little frozen form. After a few minutes, the little bird wriggled its way out of the pile feeling refreshed and warm, if not clean.

It was so happy it began to hop around and sing. This attracted the attention of the barn cat, who pounced on the little bird and ate it.

The moral of the story is: Sometimes the shit you know is better than the shit you don't.

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Apr 5, 2007, 8:33 AM
That was an excellent story Herb :) Will you tuck me into bed now :tongue:

Herbwoman39
Apr 5, 2007, 10:21 AM
LOL! Consider yourself tucked...with a kiss on the forehead. Shall I leave the door cracked and the hall light on to keep away the monsters? ;) :tong:

jedinudist
Apr 5, 2007, 10:53 AM
ROTFLMAO -

I think I heard a version of this a while back that had a longer moral and in the other version, the little bird was still in the manure when he was so overjoyed at being warm he started to sing and the moral went something like this - "Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy, not everyone who pulls you out of a pile of shit is your friend, and if you're up to your neck in shit and are still happy, keep your mouth shut" - lol

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Apr 5, 2007, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=Herbwoman39]LOL! Consider yourself tucked...with a kiss on the forehead. Shall I leave the door cracked and the hall light on to keep away the monsters? ;) :tong:[/QUOTE

And some warm milk to boot ? You gotta deal hehe :tongue:

Herbwoman39
Apr 5, 2007, 1:42 PM
Jedi: I've heard that version too. They're both good and teach a nice lesson :bigrin:

GEL: If you wanted wrm milk, why didn't you ask for it before I tucked you in? If I give it to you now you'll have to get up in the middle of the night to go. LOL! ;) :tong:

kitten
Apr 5, 2007, 6:56 PM
Thanks for the laugh and smile!

codybear3
Apr 5, 2007, 8:55 PM
Cool tale and moral, Herbwoman...Thanks for sharing... :paw: :paw:

lilbitsva
Apr 6, 2007, 2:20 PM
LOVED IT!!! I thought that that was one of the funnest little stories. You should come out with some more of them really enjoyed reading it. lil bit