PDA

View Full Version : Only in Canada, eh?

bi-robin-calif
Mar 29, 2007, 9:13 PM
A 15-year-old boy in Hamilton, Ontario, was finally rescued after dangling from a rope, nearly naked, upside down, in the minus-5-degree (F) cold, after a February attempt to spray graffiti on a new bridge went bad. He got his inspiration while tobogganing alone, at about 8 p.m., and left his gloves and cell phone in the sled as he rappelled over the side of the bridge, but when the rope slipped and entangled him, he found himself upside down and then lost some clothes as he tried to wriggle free. At about 10 p.m., when a party was breaking up at a nearby home, someone finally heard his screams for help. [Hamilton Spectator, 2-15-07]

Herbwoman39
Mar 29, 2007, 9:38 PM
Oh no...no my dear. Not ONLY in Canada. There are folks like that all over. Ever read the Darwin Awards? There's proof positive right there that they're everywhere.

flexuality
Mar 29, 2007, 10:18 PM
Oh no...no my dear. Not ONLY in Canada. There are folks like that all over. Ever read the Darwin Awards? There's proof positive right there that they're everywhere.

The Darwin Awards can be pretty hilarious!

Bizarre sometimes....like the rather large guy who decided to gorge himself on baked beans and then fell asleep in a room with NO VENTILATION. He actually died from the flatulence.... :eek:

biwords
Mar 29, 2007, 10:53 PM
A friend of mine maliciously insists that Hamilton, Ontario has the province's highest concentration of ugly, deformed and generally subnormal people. Anyone who has looked up this site's Hamiltonians knows what a calumny that is, but this anecdote did make me wonder for a moment. :bigrin:

Hamilton is also the hometown of Canada's most famous murderess, the beautiful Evelyn Dick, who was convicted in 1947 of the murder of her husband (if memory serves; hubby was chopped up and stuffed down a drainpipe, while Evelyn's baby was found encased in concrete; she was charged with both murders but I believe convicted of the husband's only. She created an additional sensation at the trial when she revealed that she had fucked many upper-crust Hamiltonians, including the judge's son. I believe her father helped her dispose of hubby's body parts. Anyway, she served 12 years in prison and lived quietly under a new identity after that -- doubtless well away from Hamilton.

flexuality
Mar 30, 2007, 1:07 AM
A friend of mine maliciously insists that Hamilton, Ontario has the province's highest concentration of ugly, deformed and generally subnormal people. Anyone who has looked up this site's Hamiltonians knows what a calumny that is, but this anecdote did make me wonder for a moment. :bigrin:

Hamilton is also the hometown of Canada's most famous murderess, the beautiful Evelyn Dick, who was convicted in 1947 of the murder of her husband (if memory serves; hubby was chopped up and stuffed down a drainpipe, while Evelyn's baby was found encased in concrete; she was charged with both murders but I believe convicted of the husband's only. She created an additional sensation at the trial when she revealed that she had fucked many upper-crust Hamiltonians, including the judge's son. I believe her father helped her dispose of hubby's body parts. Anyway, she served 12 years in prison and lived quietly under a new identity after that -- doubtless well away from Hamilton.

She only server 12 years????? and they let her OUT????? ACK!!!

ummm....BC is well away from Hamilton...... :eek:

biwords
Mar 30, 2007, 4:00 AM
Yes, and here in Ontario we say, thank God that Pickton is far away from here. :)