PDA

View Full Version : Penis Pictures

Danielle_T
Mar 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
Ok, i'm sorry and it's probably been said before (and probably will again) but here goes anyway. I logged on this morning and browsed around the site, checked out new members and some new posts and ad's from men in my area. Then, like a 2X4 from hell it struck me right between the eyes......a lot of the men on here take pride(so it seems) in showing off their wee-wee's. I mean, ok fella's that's simply marvellous and i have one as well so i kinda know what they look like but i mean REALLY! One ad that i perused had no fewer than 8, count 'em 8 (EIGHT) penis pictures taken from various angles. OVERKILL! ok, i would'nt mind one picture, fine.....but 8....OMG!

The fact here is (and i fully understand) that a lot of people don't, or can't or simply won't post their faces on this sight for some very obvious reasons. However i'm sure there are ways around this dilemma, take a full body picture of yourself in a nice tailored suit then use Paint Shop Pro or something and remove your face, at least i can get an idea of height, build, hair colour etc. but all i seem to see is...."hey everyone....look at my penis, ain't she a beaut?"

I realise that i am going to have shots taken at me for this post but i have tried to represent who i am in pictures so that a person can get a general idea of what i am about and basically what i look like, and i certainly haven't posted any pics of my genitalia on here, that is for someone i choose to meet and have an encounter with down the road (if it happens). This does NOT mean that all person's posting pictures of various body parts on here are trolls etc. au contraire, there is nothing at all wrong with a little honesty, i even have some "boudoir pictures" of myself for someone i get to know and trust......but come on.....all penis and nothing else makes Johnny a very dull boy indeed....

Love.......Dani

GalacticiaActual
Mar 28, 2007, 11:29 AM
WAAAAAHHHHHH.
One of the main concepts of this site is to be who we are.

If you have the preconceived notion that everyone should present themselves the same way that you do, you're way off base...

Our humanity is defined by our ability to be individuals, and this site allows us to freely express those individualities.

Please feel free to present yourself however you like, and allow everyone else to do the same.

Nobody is forcing you to look at things that you don’t like…

trip1
Mar 28, 2007, 11:37 AM
WAAAAAHHHHHH.
One of the main concepts of this site is to be who we are.

If you have the preconceived notion that everyone should present themselves the same way that you do, you're way off base...

Our humanity is defined by our ability to be individuals, and this site allows us to freely express those individualities.

Please feel free to present yourself however you like, and allow everyone else to do the same.

Nobody is forcing you to look at things that you don’t like…

I agree with you but more and more things people can't take your advice and try a change how others think so I'm gone from a site that I had suck a great time on. It's no fun anymore and that's my opinion. So for all the people that bitch about part pic's and people bashers the sites all yours...Enjoy

allbimyself
Mar 28, 2007, 1:35 PM
Dani,

First, take a deep breath.

Yes, people who only post pics of their 'naughty bits' are usually very shallow. Isn't it good to know that they are shallow before you invest any time with them? Rather than bitch about them, be grateful that they have given you such an easily recognizable and quick method of determining that you don't want anything to do with them.

You have to remember that not everyone here is looking for the same thing you are. Some are only looking for a quick hookup. You and I may not be interested in that, but that doesn't mean they aren't welcome.

It strikes me as very curious that anyone would complain about another's profile. I'm sure you'd agree that not everyone is going to be your cup of tea. Would you act this way about someone who's written profile didn't match what you wanted? Doubtful. You'd move on to the next. Just do the same with these people.

Just my 1cent (after taxes).

TashaSW
Mar 28, 2007, 2:03 PM
I think Danielle may be talking when you browse the members section, some people have no pics, some have face pics and some are just penis.
(these pics are seen BEFORE you even click the persons name to read the profile)

I personally get grossed out BIG TIME when I see a penis pic, I just want to read the profiles and see face shots.

Personailly I think we should have something that says "R Pic" if the person wants to see it, they click the Thumnail to see all the pics including the R pic.
If they don't want to see it, they just see a grey box with "R" or something on it which can just be viewed when you click the thumbnails.

I do understand some people only post penis cause they are scared someone they know (who doesn't know they are bisexual) might find the site and regonize them if they posted a face shot.
I also understand usually those that post a private part pic are just looking for one-nighters (or a hook up).

I do ignore them but its hard to ignore when your just browsing the members list section which tells you name, locations, title of profile and pic if any.
Not everyone wants to see penis but how can you ignore that when you just want to go through the members list without actually clicking on a profile?

Tasha

allbimyself
Mar 28, 2007, 2:27 PM
I think Danielle may be talking when you browse the members section, some people have no pics, some have face pics and some are just penis.
(these pics are seen BEFORE you even click the persons name to read the profile) No she wasn't, since she mentioned 8 pics and you only see 8 pics on the profile. I don't see any problem with turning pics off on the member list and I think that it shouldn't be hard to do.

I personally get grossed out BIG TIME when I see a penis pic, I just want to read the profiles and see face shots. Perhaps a less adult oriented site might be preferable? This is a site about acceptance. It seems strange that so many here want to control freedom of expression of others.

Personailly I think we should have something that says "R Pic" if the person wants to see it, they click the Thumnail to see all the pics including the R pic.
If they don't want to see it, they just see a grey box with "R" or something on it which can just be viewed when you click the thumbnails.This has been discussed before. How would you manage that? You'd have to trust members to label their pics accordingly. OR Drew would have to approve every profile first (or hire someone to do so). Want to make this a subscription only site? That way Drew can afford to do that. There would probably be a way to rewrite the profile software to allow people to report when someone hasn't labeled a pic properly, but again we are talking $$$ here.

I do understand some people only post penis cause they are scared someone they know (who doesn't know they are bisexual) might find the site and regonize them if they posted a face shot.
I also understand usually those that post a private part pic are just looking for one-nighters (or a hook up).

I do ignore them but its hard to ignore when your just browsing the members list section which tells you name, locations, title of profile and pic if any.
Not everyone wants to see penis but how can you ignore that when you just want to go through the members list without actually clicking on a profile?

TashaThere are plenty of pay sites out there that have the resources to do as you request.

I recognize that some people are offended by those types of pics. You know, a lot of people are offended by bisexuals and homosexuals, too. Maybe Drew should convert the site to "nothing-to-offend-anyone.com"

Personally, the only offensive behavior that I see needing any sort of control is attacks on other members. Being offended by a penis is not the problem of the penis owner, it's the problem of the person offended.

It all comes down to where you draw the line. Some people are offended by public displays of affection. Fortunately, in most places, that isn't banned because of that. Some people aren't offended by PDAs but would be offended if they went to a public park and found people having sex. That is illegal in most places. Again, it's a matter of where the line is drawn.

Unfortunately, where that line would be drawn is different for every person here. Some wouldn't want any form of adult conversation or content. Some wouldn't want something else. This is Drew's site and he makes the rules. If enough people threaten to leave because of the way the site is run vs the number that would leave if those changes are made would be the deciding factor in if a change is made. An economic democracy.

Basically it comes down to this. If there are things about this site that you don't like, tell Drew. If he feels the change has merit and is feasible, I'm sure he'd do so. OTOH, I think many would leave if an unreasonable limitation is placed on the freedom of expression of members. But telling Drew your concerns is the appropriate action here. Griping about what other members do that is within the rules that Drew has set is not.

TashaSW
Mar 28, 2007, 2:35 PM
Another Penis Pictures Debate Thread...... *wonders how many there are all together*

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

yoyo4u
Mar 28, 2007, 2:37 PM
... showing off their wee-wee's......

Hi Dani.

At the beginning I thought of the very same things, but since....

I think it is funny!

Try this:

First of all, imagine it the other way around. You see faces and try to imagine their wee-wees. Does it work?

And now the actual task. Look at the wee-wees and try to imagine their head. Do you see what I see? :tongue:

It works every time and it is a lot of fun....

I think there is a funny picture post showing dicks and heads, perhaps some of our talented graphic artists can turned the wee-wee pictures into "art" for the messes :tong:

love
yoyo

bi-robin-calif
Mar 28, 2007, 2:40 PM
Funny, when I see wee-wee's, I try to imagine how big their feet must be! :bigrin:

yoyo4u
Mar 28, 2007, 2:42 PM
Funny, when I see wee-wee's, I try to imagine how big their feet must be! :bigrin:

:tong:

When I see dicks and heads I immediately see dickheads :tong:

yoyo

darkeyes
Mar 28, 2007, 2:48 PM
I actually agree with what u say allbi, even if willie pics do nothing for me except set me off giggling. I am not one who likes censorship or who thinks we should tighten up on what people show in pics. If guys wanna show their full glory good luck to them.

I do however take issue on the end of your post which I find rude and insensitive to a member who is expressing a legitimate concern, and I wont blame Tasha if she takes offence. Forums is EXACTLY meant for members to post such concerns, and I am sure Drew appreciates them and would take on board anything he felt would be an improvement to the site. Tasha posted such a concern and it is not for you or anyone else to tell her that she is "griping" by doing so.

Many suggestions have been made through forums and will be again. And quite rightly so. Members may agree or disagree but it is a way in which Drew can gauge opinion on any issue he may or may not be considering adopting. It is not for you or I to decide what someone can or cant say in posting, even though so obviously you think otherwise!

TorontoGuy2007
Mar 28, 2007, 3:16 PM
penis pics, (or vagina pics for that matter) on a profile send a very strong message that the person is probably just looking for sex and wants to be viewed as a sex object.. i'm not on this site for casual sex, but i can appreciate that many on here are.. and i guess they feel that showing off their genitals is likely to attract the kind of attention that they desire.

it would be nice to have some sort of filter in the personals so you can eliminate the types of ads from your search that you don't want to see. but i know that is probably a challenge to set up with the database software.

TashaSW
Mar 28, 2007, 3:18 PM
penis pics, (or vagina pics for that matter) on a profile send a very strong message that the person is probably just looking for sex and wants to be viewed as a sex object.. i'm not on this site for casual sex, but i can appreciate that many on here are.. and i guess they feel that showing off their genitals is likely to attract the kind of attention that they desire.

it would be nice to have some sort of filter in the personals so you can eliminate the types of ads from your search that you don't want to see. but i know that is probably a challenge to set up with the database software.

I do like that idea :)

Fire Lotus
Mar 28, 2007, 3:32 PM
Instead of being able to have pics that show up on the profiles, maybe members can have a way to put in a link of a photo site (flickr, photobucket, or something of that nature, that will allow uploads of nude pics), so that people who don't want to see naughty bits, don't have to and ones that do want to see them, are still able to.

In other words, you could have your clean, no nudity pics on the profile if you like. Then if/or you want to show what else ya got, you can say something like, "Want to see more of me? (Maybe also say, warning:x-rated photos) Go to http://www.mynaughtybits.com" Just as an example. This way everyone is happy. I'd think there'd be a way this can be done?

chook
Mar 28, 2007, 4:05 PM
Bugger the penis pics.....(I've seen more pricks than a dressmakers pin cushion)

BRING ON THE PUSSY PICS.......Come on ladies dont be shy..... :bounce:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

TashaSW
Mar 28, 2007, 4:15 PM
Bugger the penis pics.....(I've seen more pricks than a dressmakers pin cushion)

BRING ON THE PUSSY PICS.......Come on ladies dont be shy..... :bounce:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

pay me 500.00 then I'll think about it hehe:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Fire Lotus
Mar 28, 2007, 4:19 PM
There's ya pussy ;)

Omnivore
Mar 28, 2007, 4:39 PM
I did come here originally as place to find people for swinging (which is rarely casual, tend to get to know them first) but I am really enjoying the community - it's the only outlet I have for discussing my sexuality, other than my lovely wife.

While my profile is full of saucy pics (some cock, but not all - how many who are critical will resist looking? lol), I am now however reconsidering the suitableness of my avatar image - what do you think?

Some good point on both sides tho.

Rhuth
Mar 28, 2007, 4:44 PM
Here's my favorite thread on this topic. There are several others.
http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287

yoyo4u
Mar 28, 2007, 4:44 PM
No pussy pic, just my favorite....a creampie :)

Omnivore
Mar 28, 2007, 4:55 PM
No pussy pic, just my favorite....a creampie :)

lol, hmm, yummy
:tong:

Tommy2020
Mar 28, 2007, 5:19 PM
I only peeped once...... :bounce: Or was it twice... ?
Tommy2020

yoyo4u
Mar 28, 2007, 5:41 PM
....how many who are critical will resist looking?...

Well, I am not critical at all, in fact I admit to peeping myself. If anything my critcism is that you don't have even more daring pictures! :)

Don't remove any of them, feed the hungry :tongue:

yoyo

littlerayofsunshine
Mar 28, 2007, 5:45 PM
This debate will go on and on and be never ending.

I personally do not get offended by the pics, maybe its the perspective I chose to use when viewing profiles. One being that men are visual creatures and will respond to them and in essence want to show them, another being, the security/insecurity one has about their "jewels". Sort of like saying " This is a part of me, like it or not" or saying " I'm not inhibited or I love about me what most men can't love about themselves". Ultimately, I hear no one getting offended by breasts and pussies.....whatever, doesn't matter.. Point is. Grow up. There are other ways to learn about a person other than pictures. Like through chat and the forums. Someone showing their face may be an intimate act for them, because in hiding it, its a form of security or safety net. They would rather save it for some one special.

Don't like the cock pic debates, skip the post. Get tired of reading about Cum issues, skip the post. Face it.. The majority of the members here are male. So it would be common knowlege that male oriented topics predominate the forum. More men who posts pics than women, so you will see more pics of "man junk" if you so chose to click on a man profile.

For some reason, Acceptance and Tolerance keeps ringing in my ears. I keep hearin the bitchin, and not seeing enough of it.

I'm tired and have a headache, so forgive me for my 2cents.

Omnivore
Mar 28, 2007, 6:16 PM
Well, I am not critical at all, in fact I admit to peeping myself. If anything my critcism is that you don't have even more daring pictures! :)

Don't remove any of them, feed the hungry :tongue:

yoyo

Thanks, can't post any more sadly, max number already posted.

littlerayofsunshine: I agree. Though we (couple) are here to meet people, we don't do it on pics alone, we talk to them for a decent length of time first, pics generally mean nothing, for us they're just fun.

codybear3
Mar 28, 2007, 10:52 PM
Another Penis Pictures Debate Thread...... *wonders how many there are all together*

I don't know, Tasha...I haven't counted all the penises here...But I bet it won't be the last one :bigrin: :paw: :paw:

RebekaLee
Mar 28, 2007, 11:31 PM
ahhh...the penis pic discussion...may i join?

i once was bothered by the many penis i have come across on this site. i would browse profiles or whatever and out of nowhere here was a big (sometimes small) penis right there in front of my virgin eyes. i was a bit bothered. but after this was brought up in a thread...and nothing was done about it...i realized it isn't going to change (at least not at this point in time). and that is fine. b/c there are probably many people on here that enjoy the penis and looking at it.

so knowing it wasn't changing anytime soon i had to find my own solution to the problem. i stopped clicking on profiles! if i came across someones name i wanted to look at...well...i would either not look...or brace myself for possible penis/pussy pics.

since there arn't any changes happening soon on this subject (at least none that i'm aware of)...i suggest you either 1. get over it and prepare to see penis/pussy/boob pics 2. don't open profiles or 3. don't use public computers (library, laptops at coffee shops) when looking at profiles :female: (yes, i once opened a santa penis thread while at a school computer lab...oops!)

p.s. isn't it interesting that there are more penis complaints then breast pic complaints? this is just makes my opinion of the female form being more beautiful/attractive seem more accurate. haha (don't get pissed at that comment!) :bibounce:

TashaSW
Mar 29, 2007, 12:29 AM
I don't know, Tasha...I haven't counted all the penises here...But I bet it won't be the last one :bigrin: :paw: :paw:

Okies for those that know all about Shari Lewis Lamb Chop's "this is a song that doesn't end" Heres a made up one just for this thread :)

This is a Debate Thread that doesn't End,
Yes it goes on and on my friends,
Some people post it, not realizing its been posted before,
People reply with very similar answers,
OOOOOOOOH this is a debate thread that doesn't END.

Ok, maybe its not a great song lol Meant to be funny!!!!

flexuality
Mar 29, 2007, 12:35 AM
Okies for those that know all about Shari Lewis Lamb Chop's "this is a song that doesn't end" Heres a made up one just for this thread :)

This is a Debate Thread that doesn't End,
Yes it goes on and on my friends,
Some people post it, not realizing its been posted before,
People reply with very similar answers,
OOOOOOOOH this is a debate thread that doesn't END.

Ok, maybe its not a great song lol Meant to be funny!!!!

**Flexy finds her fang teeth suddenly growing longer**

My kids used to sing that song......over....and over.....and over.....and over.....

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tong: :tong: :tong: :tong: :tong:

FalconAngel
Mar 29, 2007, 12:47 AM
Seems to me that, while many seem to be under the impression that Dani is offended by the penis pics, reading the post indicates more like he's frustrated that too many guys post nothing but penis pics.

Like Dani, we want to know more about a guy than his penis size and shape (btw, size does matter-- A penis can be too big as well as too small).

We do like to know what the guys we plan on trying to meet look like (build and such) because we do want more than just a mindless hookup. If we want a mindless hookup, there are always places that we can go locally for that. We like sites like this for a number of reasons. The sex is just one of the biggies. :)

TashaSW
Mar 29, 2007, 12:50 AM
**Flexy finds her fang teeth suddenly growing longer**

My kids used to sing that song......over....and over.....and over.....and over.....

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tong: :tong: :tong: :tong: :tong:

*Looks assumed at the growing fangs* Bite my smooth white neck my love! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: lol

and over and over and over and over "......... oooh this is a sooong thaaaaat doesn't ennnnnnnnd!!!!" *does a bow*

Danielle_T
Apr 2, 2007, 11:09 PM
To Falconangel and anyone else who saw my perspective, thank you! To the rest....please, read my post again and show me where i once said i was "offended" by the penis pictures.....go on, i'll wait......ok, there you go, much ado of nothing as usual. I was simply stating that creativity would be nice unless that is the scope and breadth of who you are......one big penis. I even showed understanding based on a person's unique situation for anonymity. I have seen many men on this site who have shown that creativity on here and who will be earmarked....some very remarkable men indeed!

After all this, if you get no replies to your ad, we'll all know why......ciao and peace....Love Dani

P.S. WAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Long Duck Dong
Apr 2, 2007, 11:20 PM
lol as a person that is pretty much isolated in bisexual.com, ( i live in new zealand and about 0.0001 percent of members are in new zealand )

I have to admit that a well presented and tasteful penis shot is gonna get my attention more than multi boring penile shots

a penile shot with a body shot, can do wonders to enhance a good profile...
I personally find perfect bodies a turn off... its like reading a infomercial lol
most guys don't have the * perfect body * but they have bodies that are tasteful and pleasing to the eye

come on guys.... do yourself a favour, show ya penis and the rest of ya body
just cos I can't touch, doesn't mean that I don't like eye candy

marine88
Apr 3, 2007, 3:25 AM
Me, personally, I'm tired of all the bickering about pictures. I used to have a penis pic to go with my regular pics till I saw a thread just like this one so I took them off, didn't want to offend anyone. Now there is this one and I'm just tired of it all so I took down my other ones as well, so now there is NO chance of offending anyone with anything. Thanks for making this ADULT site so great. Hope I didn't offend anyone. :mad: :banghead:

jcorlando
Apr 3, 2007, 6:48 AM
who cares whether it's a face pic, or genital pic? yes 8 might be a bit much but at least one knows what that person is after. the handles might reveal even more about what that person wants (pussylicker, lovescum, whatever?). this is a site for fun and hooking up, i would not expect much from a frivolous profile. and yes, remaining anonymous in the business world is important to many of us. cheers!

Long Duck Dong
Apr 3, 2007, 6:59 AM
mmm jca, reading your post, reminded me of something that i was told by a friend

they never date people in their own town, ....so I asked why, and they replied that no matter how anonymous you are with a penis pic.... people will see your face when you meet... unless you wear a paper bag

looking back over some of the threads I have posted in about anonymous persons using penis pics to hide their identity, I can see that its only useful if you never intend to hook up lol

people like me can't remember a name if we had the damm thing tattooed on our dicks....but we can recall faces and dates as if it was yesterday....
it makes us dangerous people to have as enemies... lol...

anyways, being anonymous in a website is easy, until you hook up somebody that can recall your face....or worse, somebody you know lol

somebody told me that its not really a risk cos they are careful, lol.... mmm thats what one person said to me online, until we met up.... I was a stranger to them... but to me, they were a person I went to school with 23 years ago...and I knew their wife that they were cheating on.......

dans94
Apr 3, 2007, 7:04 AM
Instead of being able to have pics that show up on the profiles, maybe members can have a way to put in a link of a photo site (flickr, photobucket, or something of that nature, that will allow uploads of nude pics), so that people who don't want to see naughty bits, don't have to and ones that do want to see them, are still able to.

In other words, you could have your clean, no nudity pics on the profile if you like. Then if/or you want to show what else ya got, you can say something like, "Want to see more of me? (Maybe also say, warning:x-rated photos) Go to http://www.mynaughtybits.com" Just as an example. This way everyone is happy. I'd think there'd be a way this can be done?

Hi Fire Lotus, that's a good post and makes sense. However, I disagree. This is an adult site and with all the forum topics discussed here ( some very adult with saucy language ) I don't see how anyone can be offended by a photo of a natural body part. Well, maybe I do. Very large ears seem to offend me sometimes. ;)

Long Duck Dong
Apr 3, 2007, 7:14 AM
I am gonna change my point of view about the site norty pics....

I realised what i was saying, was not that* us non pic viewers would perfer not to have to view the pics *, but infact, * the site needs to change to suit us *

thats not fair in my eyes, and thats a personal opinion, so I am gonna apologize for my rather selfish train of thought in the past....it wasn't until I sat down and looked at what i was saying that I realised what I was saying...

again, this is a personal opinion about myself and it doesn't apply to any others in the site

PolyLoveTriad
Apr 3, 2007, 8:39 AM
LMFAO LOL and LOL !!! I saw the one with 8 pics btw, I thought maybe it was kind of like multiple penisalities lol I dunno I thought pic 3 was much bigger than poc 5 but didnt you think pic 8 was a totally different penis? LOL I see what she meant by overkill, once you show the penis from front, left and right, the other 5 are kind of overkill lol but to each his own, and who knows, maybe someone will pick him up only because they saw penis pic 7 lol Have fun be light

I do however agree about the thumbnail pic having an r or something on it though... c ya!

Krystal
Apr 3, 2007, 8:47 AM
a pussy pic

biwords
Apr 3, 2007, 1:51 PM
p.s. isn't it interesting that there are more penis complaints then breast pic complaints? this is just makes my opinion of the female form being more beautiful/attractive seem more accurate. haha (don't get pissed at that comment!) :bibounce:

Not pissed, RebekaLee, but if you wanted to make this a test you'd have to compare penis with pussy shots -- you can't really compare primary and secondary sexual characteristics. If more people objected to gynaecological shots than to shots of, say, men's beards, would you say that proved men are more attractive than women?

Moreover, if, in terms of visual appeal, more men are accepting of pussies than women are of penises, this may say more about the mentalities of men and women, than about the relative attractiveness of penises and pussies.

Finally, I think a number of posters on this thread have overreacted somewhat, as Danielle was not talking about censorhip, only about what's in good or bad taste.

hydropop
Apr 3, 2007, 8:39 PM
Guess I better take my pic off, because as allbimyself says , we who do that are shallow. How dare you judge others. We are who we are, and do what we want.

Long Duck Dong
Apr 3, 2007, 10:07 PM
I think I know what allbi is saying,.... its not a judgemental statement.....
it comes across as a way of saying that penis only shots, are presenting that, as the best part of the total package

if i may refer to your penis shot, hydropop... I regard that as a tasteful shot

it presents you well, as a relaxed, open person, who is saying, * this is me *... and its not focussed just on your erection.... but its sharing about you as well

the pic tells me that you are a average to solid build, keep yourself in good health, you may even exercise on a semi regular basis, based on what I can see
the lighting and the way you are seated, expresses to me that you can be discrete, but you are generally open natured in conversation as well as sexual encounters...

if i was looking to hook up or meet, your pic would attract me, more than a penis only shot.....as I would be attracted to the penis, but also the person
and may I say that your penis is far more attractive and pleasuring to view, than a close up penis shot with fresh shaving rash

noostoo
Apr 4, 2007, 5:43 AM
I got bored with this thread a while back but something has just occurred to me which may add to the debate.

I've written on a few threads that I'm a very recent "recruit" and all my life I've shied away from looking at pictures of naked or semi-naked men. Browsing the personal ads has given me an opportunity to see more variety of dicks than would have been possible otherwise and has been important factor in me coming to terms with my sexuality. Looking at porn tends to give a quite singular impression of male and female genitalia so to see "real" people's wares is very enlightening. It's also made me realise that mine is actually quite lovely and more picturesque than most ;)

While I do think that the dick-shot only is a bit limiting in someone's profile, it's a tried and tested convention for people looking for hook-ups which is one of the main purposes of the personal ads. We're all adults here and if that's not what you're here for then just walk on by.

hydropop
Apr 4, 2007, 7:34 AM
Long Duck Dong thank you for the kind words ...... I will say that you have come pretty close in discribing me, you wise beyond your years :-). But I still think that when a person makes a statement as AllBi has, calling others shallow is a judgemental statement. I dont post very often nor do I start threads, but I do how ever take offence to someone calling others Shallow. Maybe those who live in glass house's shouldnt throw stone's.

I look in the mirror everyday and am comfortable with me, maybe we all should do the same.

ambi53mm
Apr 4, 2007, 8:59 AM
I think I know what allbi is saying,.... its not a judgemental statement.....
it comes across as a way of saying that penis only shots, are presenting that, as the best part of the total package

if i may refer to your penis shot, hydropop... I regard that as a tasteful shot

it presents you well, as a relaxed, open person, who is saying, * this is me *... and its not focussed just on your erection.... but its sharing about you as well

the pic tells me that you are a average to solid build, keep yourself in good health, you may even exercise on a semi regular basis, based on what I can see
the lighting and the way you are seated, expresses to me that you can be discrete, but you are generally open natured in conversation as well as sexual encounters...

if i was looking to hook up or meet, your pic would attract me, more than a penis only shot.....as I would be attracted to the penis, but also the person
and may I say that your penis is far more attractive and pleasuring to view, than a close up penis shot with fresh shaving rash

Not to hijack a thread here LDD :) ...but as one that has met Hydro in realtime I'd say your reading was pretty damn close to accurate...It's got me thinking maybe I need to post a few of my own penis pics as well...Now I've heard of Tarot..Cardomancy...Tea Leaves and Palm readings but you may be the first I've come across that can do a penis reading...and it sounds more exciting than a pair of dangling crystal balls....New Zealand ought to declare you a National Treasure...my only regret is that you don't live here in the Sunshine State we could use more people like you :)

Ambi :)

allbimyself
Apr 4, 2007, 9:01 AM
Hydropop,

My comments were directed at those that post ONLY graphic pics WITHOUT providing any other information in their profile. To me that says "Here it is! Come and get it!" and, yes, IMHO, that is a very shallow way to present oneself.

However, if you bothered to read all that I wrote without taking any part of it out of context, you would also see I defended those individuals' right to do so.

As so often happens, being the moderate on a particular issue results in one being attacked by the extremes....

silberwolf1960
Apr 4, 2007, 9:11 AM
ok,i usually don't post because i love reading others comments.but this one i can't pass bi.sure alot of people find genitalia shots shallow,callous and offenseive.some find them erotic,sexy and down right beautiful.but if ya don't wanna see it then don't look at it.it comes down freewill.either ya don't want to look at it or ya do it's your choice.i myself like a good cock,pussy,tit or sex pic,i also like to see what the person(s) face looks like.so in short if it offends ya then don't look at it simple as that.

Long Duck Dong
Apr 4, 2007, 10:15 AM
lol ambi53mm...

I do have a number of gifts, but penis reading is not one of them lol

mindfinding
Apr 7, 2007, 3:07 PM
WOW!

That really is a shitload of penis pics. I wasn't going to comment on this, but there it is.